• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Loved his little lobbed pass over the top for the Auba chance in the first half, him and Elneny had another good game following the Liverpool one.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Eh. He had a very solid game, but he had like one real forward pass the entire game. It was a very Elneny game (In a good way). Other than that they had good games, both had a decisive action which led to a goal, and they were both solid.

Elneny also dropped off massively the last 10 minutes, whether that was because he suddenly had to switch sides or didn't have much practice with Ceballos yet I dunno.

YMMV of course.
One forward pass?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am not a huge fan of Xhaka, but I am very happy that he has improved so much under Arteta. He is a fairly limited player, but Arteta is playing him in a way that brings the best out of him, which is what we should expect of a good coach.

I am also happy that Xhaka seems really happy and content with life at Arsenal. This seems to go for much of the squad for that matter. All good in my view. I still think we can do much better at his position, but I for one am happy that he is playing so well now. Hope it continues as long as he plays for us.

Plus that pass to Auba was a really nice pass!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Think everybody including his biggest detractors mentions he’s really good at passing. You just don’t see it!
Every pass that Xhaka makes is beautiful to him, even the ones that go to the opponents. Don't bother

Reactions: Kav

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can probably screen shot a whatsapp message I sent in our football group where I said that despite fans not liking Xhaka, there must be a reason why every coach and manager plays him consistently. There must be a reason why he was first choice to captain Switzerland and there must be a reason why he's always probably the first name of the team sheet. He does the little things well and you can clearly see that he's the leader on the pitch. No coach would overlook that.
He’s Swiss, so the reason why he gets played regularly for Switzerland is because they have nothing better. His previous club in Germany were equivalent of Southampton here, so again, I’d expect an average type with a few alleged leadership qualities to be held in high regard there. There is a reason why no top clubs value him highly and it’s because he’s not that good. If Arsenal are looking to break into regular champions league football and beyond, he is not good enough. If he only does the little things well, then what the hell is he doing a club like Arsenal? If his role is being reduced just to make him barely efficient, then I don’t know what our goal is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
both had a decisive action which led to a goal, and they were both solid.

Elneny also dropped off massively the last 10 minutes, whether that was because he suddenly had to switch sides or didn't have much practice with Ceballos yet I dunno.

YMMV of course.
What, a little bit of pointing before shovelling it to the right back who immediately came under pressure and had to hit it first time to Elneny? Par for the course for the player really.

Point, shout, point, shout.... hospital ball. Repeat.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can probably screen shot a whatsapp message I sent in our football group where I said that despite fans not liking Xhaka, there must be a reason why every coach and manager plays him consistently. There must be a reason why he was first choice to captain Switzerland and there must be a reason why he's always probably the first name of the team sheet. He does the little things well and you can clearly see that he's the leader on the pitch. No coach would overlook that.

He starts at Arsenal because our CM options are so poor. He starts for an Arsenal that has had to play 5 at the back since the signed and that finished 8th last season. Switzerland is not a good footballing nation.

He's undynamic midfielder in a dynamic league. To me our performances over the last few seasons and him are inextricably linked. He's not the sole cause but a significant contributing factor

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's undynamic midfielder in a dynamic league. To me our performances over the last few seasons and him are inextricably linked. He's not the sole cause but a significant contributing factor
Oh for sure. He’s comfortably been our best midfielder for years, which is really not a good thing. Some don’t get this.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This guy has been an absolute clown in the past, but since Arteta's come in it just seems to have finally clicked for him. He's improved so much defensively, doesnt give stupid balls away in dangerous positions, is never injured and has a massive engine. Just a very solid player now.

Players in his position usually really only hit their peak at around 28 as well, he should maintain this level for several years.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
*Everything is Xhaka’s fault*

And we’re at that point again. :rofl:

Edit: You know why he starts? Because Arteta wants him to start. Plain and simple.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He’s Swiss, so the reason why he gets played regularly for Switzerland is because they have nothing better. His previous club in Germany were equivalent of Southampton here, so again, I’d expect an average type with a few alleged leadership qualities to be held in high regard there. There is a reason why no top clubs value him highly and it’s because he’s not that good. If Arsenal are looking to break into regular champions league football and beyond, he is not good enough. If he only does the little things well, then what the hell is he doing a club like Arsenal? If his role is being reduced just to make him barely efficient, then I don’t know what our goal is.

Now I understand why you claimed Monchengladbach is a pub team. It's to have more stick to beat Xhaka with. :lol: Never doubt the power of AM agendas.

Please educate yourself, look at their average league positions, and tell me how you can compare them to being like Southampton.

Monchengladbach has on average been 6th in the league while Southampton has been ~11th.

You could similarly say Arsenal is almost Southampton's level because they average 4,5th in the league in the same time frame, so it's much closer. :D ;)

This is from the time frame when Southampton got back to EPL, year before that Gladbach finished 4th so that would bring the average up more.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/borussia-monchengladbach/platzierungen/verein/18

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-southampton/platzierungen/verein/180

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Out of all the groups of haters on this forum (Özil, Laca etc) the Xhaka haters are the ones who take the most Ls, it's sad to see.
Yeah I'm not sure why they keep fighting this battle.

At least Pepe, Özil, Laca had enough poor performances to earn hate. Xhaka is so consistent that his haters have to resort to hypotheticals and arguments that they actually can't prove to criticise him. Either that or they pick out one or two misplaces passes a game.:lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He starts at Arsenal because our CM options are so poor. He starts for an Arsenal that has had to play 5 at the back since the signed and that finished 8th last season. Switzerland is not a good footballing nation.

Switzerland is not good, but has been on positions 8th - 12th in FIFA ranking for the past 8 years.

Sure, any nation outside of top 7 is not good at football.

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/associations/association/sui/men/

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Switzerland is not good, but has been on positions 8th - 12th in FIFA ranking for the past 8 years.

Sure, any nation outside of top 7 is not good at football.

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/associations/association/sui/men/

I’m not even holding it against him tbh, because England (if he’s english) tends to be a battle we lose and we are crap in certain positions (striker, our defense continues to be a walking calamity/offset by regulary having very good goalkeepers). Midfield, though. Nope. I mean especially now Xhaka-Zakaria is a very competitive one imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom