• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liked the way he kept us ticking over, some good forward passes in there too...

...does anyone know if he's injured, or was he taken off as just a precaution as the game was already over at that point?

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
*Everything is Xhaka’s fault*

And we’re at that point again. :rofl:

Edit: You know why he starts? Because Arteta wants him to start. Plain and simple.
Literally making up stuff to argue against
& he starts because our midfielders are crap now & the manager has no great options. You fanboys act as if he'd start for any of our good teams from the past

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Liked the way he kept us ticking over, some good forward passes in there too...

...does anyone know if he's injured, or was he taken off as just a precaution as the game was already over at that point?

Precaution. He got treated on the bench afterwards. I don't think its too serious either way, otherwise we would have heard something by now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Precaution. He got treated on the bench afterwards. I don't think its too serious either way, otherwise we would have heard something by now.

How the hell didn't Hector get a 2nd yellow for the challenge?

He had yellow already when he fouled Auba on the left, with us losing a possible goal chance.

Taneruit

Established Member

How the hell didn't Hector get a 2nd yellow for the challenge?

He had yellow already when he fouled Auba on the left, with us losing a possible goal chance.

Hector should have been sent off multiple times tbh, even after that Xhaka foul he went in hard.

Not too fussed about it though, we won, there seem to be no serious injuries and every player gets a game where they just get away with anything.

drippin

Hector should have been sent off multiple times tbh, even after that Xhaka foul he went in hard.

Not too fussed about it though, we won, there seem to be no serious injuries and every player gets a game where they just get away with anything.

It just seems to happen more against us. That incident was a clear 2nd yellow after the Auba foul. :(

If it was Xhaka doing that the end-result would have been obvious. This wasn't even Dean or such.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think we just notice it more. He should have been sent off though, had we lost it would have been highlighted more for sure.

Taneruit

Established Member

So tell me all the quality CMs he's benching in the swiss team?

To just name two that currently did something.

He’s ahead of Zakaria (though of course plays with him) who’s one of the hottest midfield talents at the moment and Freuler the madlad who nearly got into the CL semis this year vs PSG. Also shaqiri is in there. (of course attacking midfield so not the same pisition but just to add)

drippin

So tell me all the quality CMs he's benching in the swiss team?

Why are you switching the subject? I stated that imo Switzerland must be a good team to be constantly 8th-12th in FIFA rankings.

Xhaka has been a big part of that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are you switching the subject? I stated that imo Switzerland must be a good team to be constantly 8th-12th in FIFA rankings.

Xhaka has been a big part of that.

What I meant by that was that Switzerland don't have loads of good CMs he's keeping our of the team. Wasn't referring to how they've been performing

drippin

What I meant by that was that Switzerland don't have loads of good CMs he's keeping our of the team. Wasn't referring to how they've been performing

Ok. Looked like a separate statement in your text.

Anyway, not many football national teams have Arsenal starting quality players. He is one of their stars and and now captain.

We can take some similar example. Ndidi must not be very good because there are no players he's keeping out of Nigeria national team?

Taneruit

Established Member

We can take some similar example. Ndidi must not be very good because there are no players he's keeping out of Nigeria national team?

Apart from the fact that Auba is basically his whole national team.

And while my post was ignored, I'll say it again. We do have several decent midfielders in the top half of the bundesliga and again Zakaria (40 Million estimated transfer value) who has just been linked to Liverpool as well as Freuler who got far into the Champions League as a starter (At Alalanta admittingly)

Not that they are Arsenal starting material (except Zakaria who definitly is), but talking like our midfielders are crap is an absolute joke even compared to other big nations.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Ok. Looked like a separate statement in your text.

Anyway, not many football national teams have Arsenal starting quality players. He is one of their stars and and now captain.

Well it's just a bit irrelevant. Him starting for Switzerland and Ndidi starting for Nigeria doesn't show they're great players. You said there must be a reason but the real reason is that they don't have many good CMs and he is a good CM.

Overall I think Xhaka is good but not good enough for us

drippin

Well it's just a bit irrelevant. Him starting for Switzerland and Ndidi starting for Nigeria doesn't show they're great players. You said there must be a reason but the real reason is that they don't have many good CMs and he is a good CM.

Overall I think Xhaka is good but not good enough for us

Well you brought this irrelevant thing up. :)

Anyway, I have been on the Xhaka-out mindset at many times, but currently he looks very good under Arteta.

All players really don't have to be fast, DLP's are usually quite slow.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Well you brought this irrelevant thing up. :)

Anyway, I have been on the Xhaka-out mindset at many times, but currently he looks very good under Arteta.

All players really don't have to be fast, DLP's are usually quite slow.

No I didn't. You said there must be a reason he starts for Switzerland to which I responded. Sorry if I've misread your posts.

drippin

No I didn't. You said there must be a reason he starts for Switzerland to which I responded. Sorry if I've misread your posts.

This is a bit silly, but I only commented on your separate statement that Swiss national team is not a good team.
He starts at Arsenal because our CM options are so poor. He starts for an Arsenal that has had to play 5 at the back since the signed and that finished 8th last season. Switzerland is not a good footballing nation.

He's undynamic midfielder in a dynamic league. To me our performances over the last few seasons and him are inextricably linked. He's not the sole cause but a significant contributing factor

Then it got to this other subject, where we both agree that Xhaka is a good player. The only difference being that I think he has been very good under Arteta and as so good enough for Arsenal, especially if we get more quality for midfield as options.

Keplaz

Xhaka is there to stay lads. The manager rates him, and so has every manager we've had including Arsène.

There are players who look pretty ordinary but keep getting picked because they are team players or have qualities the team needs. Not that they are similar but Heskey was that player for a long time.

Heskey was a real donkey but he enabled Michael Owen to shine. With us we need someone who can recycle the ball based on how we play and keep the team ticking. Unless we sign someone who does the same job better Xhaka is here to stay lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom