• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Easily the most overrated player on this forum from what I've seen in my time here.

Good player but people project qualities on the ball onto him that he actually doesn't have because of his past as a midfielder and attacking player (much like people used to do with Bellerín, saying we should convert him to winger when he would put in a poor defensive performance; Bellerín would be a league one quality winger).

Definitely should capitalise on his call-up to England and cash in on him to upgrade in positions of need. He's a better defender than Bellerín but worse in possession and going forward, it's really much of muchness between the two except that Bellerín accepts his position is full back and doesn't seem to have as much market value, so AMN should be sold. Bellerín also if he recovers his previous athleticism is probably just a better player period, but that's a big if (did look significantly more athletic today than I remembered from last season).
Think this post will age well but it could also easily turn out to be a terrible take.

There’s a lot of potential there but I agree that he’s overrated on here.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It's called analysis. Why don't you try offering some once in a while instead of scrounging around for likes like the broke boy you are.
tumblr_me3qrs0gEt1qmtj52.gif

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
OK, what's his position once Tierney takes back the wing back role? Even if Tierney stays as a LCB, I would still prefer Saka to take the wing back role instead of AMN. Saka is exceptional going forward from that position unlike AMN who can't make anything going forward, which is understandable considering that he is a right footed player who needs to switch the ball to his right foot but he never cuts inside to use it like that.

AMN is one of the worst managed players I've ever seen in football and I'd rather see him leave than making this situation a joke. Maybe we should give him gloves for the next game and see if he can do better than Macey

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

OK, what's his position once Tierney takes back the wing back role? Even if Tierney stays as a LCB, I would still prefer Saka to take the wing back role instead of AMN. Saka is exceptional going forward from that position unlike AMN who can't make anything going forward, which is understandable considering that he is a right footed player who needs to switch the ball to his right foot but he never cuts inside to use it like that.

AMN is one of the worst managed players I've ever seen in football and I'd rather see him leave than making this situation a joke. Maybe we should give him gloves for the next game and see if he can do better than Macey
Sometimes I ask myself why we are so invested in the fate of individual players as supporters of Arsenal Football Club? AMN is doing the job Arteta asks from him, we won the game. I really don’t care any more than that. For the record AMN role was vital, he’s probably doing the most difficult job in the team, playing as a left back in defense, midfielder when we build up and attacking the box in the final third. Hats off to him, I’m sure it’s noticed by the football world. Manager’s dream.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sometimes I ask myself why we are so invested in the fate of individual players as supporters of Arsenal Football Club? AMN is doing the job Arteta asks from him, we won the game. I really don’t care any more than that. For the record AMN role was vital, he’s probably doing the most difficult job in the team, playing as a left back in defense, midfielder when we build up and attacking the box in the final third. Hats off to him, I’m sure it’s noticed by the football world. Manager’s dream.
You basically didn't answer what happens when Tierney moves there, just a short term solution like "he helped to win the game" (btw, 14 players helped to win the game, all following what Arteta told them). Short term solutions brought us to a position where we have 8 CB's, that only means nobody bothered to think ahead.
If we think ahead with AMN, where do you see him? Saka is a better left wing back than him and he can move to midfield just like AMN can. Do we move him to RB instead of Bellerin? There has to be some plan that I honestly can't see.

I think too many fans lost the understanding of managing a squad, making sacrifices and planning moves in advance, let's say like chess.
The art of managing a squad is being replaced by short term thinking and hopes that every owner will just throw money away so we can have squads of 35 players, and we can have players worth 20+m like AMN who can sometimes do a job at LB

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You basically didn't answer what happens when Tierney moves there, just a short term solution like "he helped to win the game" (btw, 14 players helped to win the game, all following what Arteta told them). Short term solutions brought us to a position where we have 8 CB's, that only means nobody bothered to think ahead.
If we think ahead with AMN, where do you see him? Saka is a better left wing back than him and he can move to midfield just like AMN can. Do we move him to RB instead of Bellerin? There has to be some plan that I honestly can't see.

I think too many fans lost the understanding of managing a squad, making sacrifices and planning moves in advance, let's say like chess.
The art of managing a squad is being replaced by short term thinking and hopes that every owner will just throw money away so we can have squads of 35 players, and we can have players worth 20+m like AMN who can sometimes do a job at LB

We have had injured CB's, like Chambers & Holding. We haven't had enough money to buy top class CB's. Tough to say when Saliba is ready, but that is planning ahead. Gabriel too.

AMN or Bellerin will very likely go if we get a decent offer (not under 30 million, they have 3 years in contract), as we have Cedric and Saka can play LWB.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm happy it looks like he's staying from a personal POV because I like him and want him to be an Arsenal player for the foreseeable, but logically it might be a better idea to sell him because like @Maybe I don't really see how he fits once everyone is fit and at their best. Ideally, we would finally give him a go in midfield but that seems so unlikely that it's pointless bringing it up. He wants to start more - can we offer him consistent starts past October?

There's a lot of questions regarding a few players on the fringes that we have yet to answer.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I'm happy it looks like he's staying from a personal POV because I like him and want him to be an Arsenal player for the foreseeable, but logically it might be a better idea to sell him because like @Maybe I don't really see how he fits once everyone is fit and at their best. Ideally, we would finally give him a go in midfield but that seems so unlikely that it's pointless bringing it up. He wants to start more - can we offer him consistent starts past October?

There's a lot of questions regarding a few players on the fringes that we have yet to answer.

Nile will definitely get game time, the new rule is, perform and you start. There is only a few names on the team that are undisputed starters, the rest have to actually fight now.

AMN would not have stayed if he did not see a future with us.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Cringing thinking about the melodramatic reactions I saw here to what would've been a smart sell. @Manberg's calling Xhaka world-class and thinking that Madrid, Barça, and Bayern would be in for him and the way Maitland-Niles was talked about here for a few weeks easily the most cringe things I've seen on this forum in my time here.

Such an average footballer-- so should've capitalised on his England debut and his Community Shield performance to generate some funds for real needs and real footballers in the centre of the park. Wolves train has gone with Semedo, but we should be offering him about to other PL clubs right now.

Gooner1988TK

Nile will definitely get game time, the new rule is, perform and you start. There is only a few names on the team that are undisputed starters, the rest have to actually fight now.

AMN would not have stayed if he did not see a future with us.

No it’s not! If that were true Emi would still be here and told he’s our number 1. Instead we sold him when he performed and have now bought a keeper who does not have the ability to push or challenge Leno. This to me shows that no matter what you do and how well you perform here that you cannot take an established players spot. I’m sure the players are intelligent enough to of noticed this too.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
:lol: AMN is not average. His versatility makes him so valuable to us and Arteta likes him. I trust in Arteta.

AMN isn’t an average footballer kind of like Bayern, Madrid, and Barça would sign Xhaka.

I trust in Arteta too. He uses AMN as a workhorse and hides him when we have the ball for a reason. That doesn’t mean not selling him wasn’t a poor decision and it doesn’t mean he himself isn’t probably realizing that/potentially attempting to correct it now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Been poor ever since we turned down the wolves bid.

Chambers can't come back quick enough.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Poor today, didn’t seem bothered to be playing.
Par for the course in a middling Cup game against a Leicester City team with quite a few changes in it. Half-assed. I really don't like when he plays like that.

That said, Arteta must have got in his ear because he had a much more effective 2nd half. He still needs to do a lot better in these smaller games. Only seems to like the big games but there are a lot more battles where he needs to be switched on.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
He's such a confident guy. Near the end of the second half he gave the ball away and Arteta yelled at him. AMN actually gave it back and was like "Why are you yelling at me?!" :lol:

Only player on the team I've actually seen talk back to the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom