• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The thing with that specific pattern of play is that it's not a gimmick, you can't just counter it by pressing Auba harder, look in both videos how they leave KT completely alone, really hard to counter two left backs overloading you, you press Auba harder and he just passes it to KT which is just as dangerous considering in both goals we were 5v5/6v6.

It's genius that Arteta identified this is possible when you have a player like Tierney that can play LCB/LB and has a WC engine.
MOTD did really good piece on Leeds and their patterns. The opponent knows what's coming but its not easily countered. We must stick with this but other players need to start chipping in too.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Don't be naive. Social media and online articles and opinions etc. are widely used as scouting tools in top level football. Analysts gather all the data and information they can get.

Haha, yeah, they're going to waste their time with the "expert" analysis of soft bodies who have barely stepped on a football pitch and never learned high level football. As far as troll posts from you go; this is just the tip of the Manberg.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Haha, yeah, they're going to waste their time with the "expert" analysis of soft bodies who have barely stepped on a football pitch and never learned high level football. As far as troll posts from you go; this is just the tip of the Manberg.
Tip of the Manberg nice!

GDeep™

League is very weak
The big issue for Arteta, and how long he’ll put up with it is an owner who is not going to help him out. Other managers have owners who’ll push the boat out, our owner isn’t putting a penny into the club as shown by Swiss Ramble today.

Doesn’t matter how good a coach you are, it’s hard to overcome clubs and managers who can simply buy their way to top 4 or titles.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The big issue for Arteta, and how long he’ll put up with it is an owner who is not going to help him out. Other managers have owners who’ll push the boat out, our owner isn’t putting a penny into the club as shown by Swiss Ramble today.

Doesn’t matter how good a coach you are, it’s hard to overcome clubs and managers who can simply buy their way to top 4 or titles.

I think he will want to manage City and Barcelona if the opportunity arises, as he will want to win the main trophies at some point that I just can’t imagine him being given the chance to win here.

That should be a while away though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I don't get the Kroenke hate tbh. Bloke doesn't take money out of the club (like the Glazers) allows us to spend whatever we have in the club, doesn't put a wage cap on players like Levy does...

We have so much freedom under Kroenke. Since 14/15 we have spent £610M on footballers. Arteta doesn't need much money over the next 3 years. I think he'll need £200M spent on footballers (including this window) absolute maximum to turn this side into title challengers.

When Auba leaves is hopefully when we'll be in the best possible position to replace him with big signings up front.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

As a ‘football coach’, you see very few better in the league. Obviously you have to give Klopp and Pep their respect, but after that, you can comfortably say Arteta is streets ahead.

Someone like Frank, for example, got embarrassed by Arteta in the FA Cup final.

I feel like this season will tell us everything, so far from what I've seen under Mikel there aren't many complaints, but the sample size isn't big enough yet imo to warrant whether he really is the real deal.

I think we'll know at the end of the season whether or not we'll be able to win the league under him but everything so far is pointing towards that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think he will want to manage City and Barcelona if the opportunity arises, as he will want to win the main trophies at some point that I just can’t imagine him being given the chance to win here.

That should be a while away though.

If he maintains this trajectory, it may be sooner than you think. The key is for us to support the manager and for him to realise that this is his home.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Right now, Arteta is more advanced than both Ole and Frank in terms of tactical planning and execution, and a dedication to versatility. Despite Mourinho's poor form does he still have this ability too IMO so I would not say Arteta is too far apart from him.

Klopp and Pep are the best in the league, and of the best in Europe. They are in in their own bracket.

Arteta's approach is reminiscent of Wenger when he joined us in the 90s, but like Wenger it was only a matter of time before the rest caught up and started to put together plans to nullify Arsène's impact.

The same is likely to happen with Mikel, however like Arsène he is an intellectual, committed to the idea of continuos improvement. This approach keeps him with the potential to be excellent at his job.

The key however is for the club to not make the same mistakes made with Arsène. Mikel needs support and access to resources.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta in July, after beating Liverpool:

“"You can see how Liverpool build their squad and there's no magic, you need to improve the squad with quality players. We need a bigger squad to compete in this competition. You only have to look at the difference between the two teams - it's enormous."”

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
https://www.goal.com/en/news/elneny...enal-manager-arteta/yzko2w7sklf61l59gkzl2bsbq

“And then at a football level, I think he (Elneny) needed a little bit of belief. He had some doubts about whether we could trust him or not.

“I had a lot of conversations with him. He fully deserves his chance. He trains every day with the best spirit, he wants to learn, and he’s performing really well.

‘My job is to get everybody at his highest level and doing their best. We have some other examples with Mo and Rob [Holding], Ainsley [Maitland-Niles] as well, they are at their best at the moment and that’s going to make it difficult for the rest

‘They have to step up and fight for their places. When they are playing, perform, and when they are not, support their teammates.”

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I have seen enough from Mikel to know that tactically he will be up there with Klopp and Pep. This will be a long post but it outlines the position Arteta is in right now in comparison.

The situation is very similar to Klopp at Liverpool. Finished 8th after joining part way through the season.

The difference is with Klopp he had a set system from the get go, a 433 with Firmino spearheading the attack. A few times he strayed away from that and went with a 4231, namely in the Europa league final in his first half season. Liverpool ended up losing to Sevilla in the final with this team -

Mignolet
Clyne - Lovren - Toure - Moreno
Milner - Can
Lallana - Firmino - Coutinho
Sturridge​

Klopp Made a profit of £5M in his first window, signing Matip, Mane and Wijnaldum as the main players for his squad whilst promoting TAA to the first team. Its worth saying that Klopp didn't even have Europa league money for this window as Liverpool failed to qualify. Something Arteta already has a foot up with.

Liverpool finished 4th in Klopps first full season on 76 points, they actually finished just one point above us. Two points behind City in 3rd.

In the summer window that followed Liverpool spent £80M on players, Salah, the Ox and Andy Robertson. They had a net spend of £50M after sales, which is essentially CL money. By the 3rd of January 2018 Liverpool were 4th, 4 points ahead of 5th and with a 3 point gap to second place. City had a huge lead at the top of the table.

Into January Liverpool were hardly playing Coutinho, he was sold to Barcelona for a mental fee and subsequently Liverpool signed Virgil Van Dijk. Liverpool of course made the CL final, lost to Madrid and ended up once again finishing in 4th, one point less than the season before. But Klopp had made a CL final in his first season in the competition with Liverpool.

To push for the league Klopp knew he needed a keeper and a CDM to supplement the signing of Van Dijk. He signed Alisson and Fabinho for around £100M along with Keita and Shaqiri coming in for £48M and £12M respectively. Keita was of course signed on a pre contract, but a huge spend over 2 years for Liverpool, mainly supplemented by Coutinho's sale. But what we need to remember at Arsenal is 1) we don't need as many starters as Klopp signed, for example we have a keeper, we have a left back, we have CL level forwards.

We all know what happened from there, Alisson and Fabinho were enough to push Liverpool towards a CL victory and a second place finish just a point behind City in the league, the season after that they won the league.

If Arteta is good enough, we don't need to spend the earth, we are already in a fantastic position in terms of our squad compared to Klopp's 8th placed Liverpool. Paramount we get CL this season to progress further, Klopp managed 3 European finals in 3 straight seasons as Liverpool manager which is pretty insane.

Its a process, a 3 year process with Auba. I think we'll win something big in those 3 years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Klopp has so far failed to take the domestic cups seriously, something Arteta has.

He has, but Klopp made multiple European finals which are way more lucrative.

Arteta knows the value and importance of the FA cup to Arsenal, we've won it more times than any other club. So we have to take it seriously. And in general you want to win as much silverware as possible, but I'd take CL finals over FA cup finals lol.

Manberg

Predator
He has, but Klopp made multiple European finals which are way more lucrative.

Arteta knows the value and importance of the FA cup to Arsenal, we've won it more times than any other club. So we have to take it seriously. And in general you want to win as much silverware as possible, but I'd take CL finals over FA cup finals lol.

My point is that Klopp would make full rotations on his squad for domestic cups to give his side a better chance at winning games in the league or in Europe. Arteta will take all competitions seriously. Klopp doesn’t, to Klopp’s own detriment.

Top Bottom