• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,848

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Meh, I remember that famous Chelsea team with Lewis Baker, Jay Dasilva, Izzy Brown, etc. etc. that everyone raved about, didn't do them any good for their careers tbh to be part of such a winning youth side. Don't think results mean much.

I read from Jorge Bird that he's a really calm and quality distributor of the ball, if that's true he looks like a complete GK prospect honestly...was surprised to read that, is that true?

Really? I had him pegged as likely the weakest of the class. What makes him an interesting prospect?

If even Jeffcott is good, what an intake...not really a non-prospect in the lot it seems? Except for maybe Henry-Francis? What's Levi Laing like, I had him also pegged as one of the likely non-prospects but now I've seen him mentioned a few times as an interesting prospect on twitter...
- In fairness to that Chelsea team, they weren't set-up to succeed at Chelsea specifically, they were built-up to be sold at a profit more than anything else.

- Okonkwo is very good with his feet, got a mighty throw on him aswell. He's the total package. If I have one complaint, his parrying could be better - sometimes parries right back into the goalmouth but that's a correctable issue.

- Henry-Francis is meant to be pretty good too by the way! It's really our best intake in years. Some of the guys who've actually seen them at U16 level have raved about them and the ones a year younger aswell about how good they are. RE Levi Laing, he had a few injuries but he's meant to be a good versatile defensive prospect. Played RB today, which is interesting.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Ye you guys are being too harsh on Bould
Its a new side with most of our regulars loaned out, we are giving kids a chance so result is secondary, its all about development and Bould should be judged on that

I think Bold is a bit too old school. I just don't think he will be innovative enough to help the players progress the way they should. But he has not done too badly.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I can't really agree. I think winning breeds confidence and confidence does young players a world of good. I want our youth teams to succeed.
It really depends.

In a youth team, let say if your team has 3 forwards who are big and strong. And if our midfielder makes a first time long pass to them whenever he gets the ball. The 3 forwards will physically bully the opponent’s defenders and score, guaranteed us a win.

If you are the coach, with a winning mentality, you will instruct the midfielder to always play a first time long pass.

But if you really wanted to develop the midfielder’s decision making/short passing/dribbling skills/teamwork....You may instruct the midfielder to play more passes in the midfield, finding different ways to progress the bill up the pitch (Or maybe play 3 different style of forwards)......this may not guarantee you a win, but it’s good from a development perspective.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth is Karl Jakob Hein a keeper to be excited about? I noticed he’s starting for his senior national side at 18.
He's pretty good - not as highly rated as Okonkwo is/was but he's a good shot stopper with decent command of the box. The occasional howler but he's a young keeper with very good reflexes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yunus Musah starting for Valencia today! Wow.
tenor.gif

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
https://twitter.com/search?q=yunus musah&src=typed_query

Gonna be a star this kid.

Yunus Musah new deal 300m release clause.
-At least that. What a crack we've got.
Musah created more than Soler has in 3 years.
Who's Ferran Torres? Oh yeah that guy who played in Yunus Musah's position.
Jadon Sancho isn't better than Yunus Musah.
What an ovation Yunus Musah would've got if Mestalla had spectators.
Is Yunus Musah the best winger in Valencia history?

Alright that's enough torture for today. Happy for the kid tbh, hope we can 're-fish' him after a few years haha.

Last edited:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
https://twitter.com/search?q=yunus musah&src=typed_query

Gonna be a star this kid.

Yunus Musah new deal 300m release clause.
-At least that. What a crack we've got.
Musah created more than Soler has in 3 years.
Who's Ferran Torres? Oh yeah that guy who played in Yunus Musah's position.
Jadon Sancho isn't better than Yunus Musah.
What an ovation Yunus Musah would've got if Mestalla had spectators.
Is Yunus Musah the best winger in Valencia history?

Alright that's enough torture for today. Happy for the kid tbh, hope we can 're-fish' him after a few years haha.

Musah looks like a grown man now too. You can tell he has been working on his body. He has potential to be Pogba-lite, but probably a bit less flashy.

Afro Mugo

I will probably handle Musah's departure if/when Some of the highly rated youth players break into the first team. What I might not be able to handle is Arsenal fans who will never understand the context of his departure using it as a stick to beat the club . He took a risk and it's worked out for him , fair play to him.

Afro Mugo

A bit of an unpopular opinion but I feel like Balogun has fallen for the hype judging from his Twitter activity. Ever since Ornstein announced the contract stand off he's been unusually active with some very cringe posts like the hour glass yesterday. I like the guy and I believe he has the chance to be top class but I really hope he knows what he is doing and receiving proper advice. He only has to look at Reiss Eddie and Joe who were stars at u23 but haven't yet produced at first team level because the jump is huge. Sancho and Bellingham are probably the top 3 best talents in their age group in the world hence why their moves abroad are working out but that hasn't been the same case for Amaechi Appiah ex Nottingham Mavididi Willock and several others who were really good talents. I really hope he knows what he is doing.

Impact

Established Member
A bit of an unpopular opinion but I feel like Balogun has fallen for the hype judging from his Twitter activity. Ever since Ornstein announced the contract stand off he's been unusually active with some very cringe posts like the hour glass yesterday. I like the guy and I believe he has the chance to be top class but I really hope he knows what he is doing and receiving proper advice. He only has to look at Reiss Eddie and Joe who were stars at u23 but haven't yet produced at first team level because the jump is huge. Sancho and Bellingham are probably the top 3 best talents in their age group in the world hence why their moves abroad are working out but that hasn't been the same case for Amaechi Appiah ex Nottingham Mavididi Willock and several others who were really good talents. I really hope he knows what he is doing.

Think Balogun will sign a new contract and go out on loan tbh. We haven't bought a senior striker yet and Lacazette is pushing 30. He should fancy his chances of a first-team chance if he has a good loan this year.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom