• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
4-0! Auba hat-trick & Willian to score please!

I would say keep the same lineup.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
badly wanna see
Auba-Laca/Eddie-Pepe
Willian
for this game
but mostly still going to be 5 at the back I guess

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
God damn it feels good to be a gooner again, just knowing before hand we're going to win these types of games. Haven't felt this way since 08/09-09/10.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
God damn it feels good to be a gooner again, just knowing before hand we're going to win these types of games. Haven't felt this way since 08/09-09/10.

? 08-09 was a horrendous season. Especially for beating teams like these. At one point we had four 0-0 games in a row.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
? 08-09 was a horrendous season. Especially for beating teams like these. At one point we had four 0-0 games in a row.

I was confident with these games in every season under Arsène really, barring a few periods here and there.

Even during 2017/2018, we were good with these types of home games, we were battering pretty much every team at The Emirates.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I’m sure there are matches I don’t remember but I was definitely not as frustrated as I’ve been in the years in between then and now - not even close. The confidence is returning.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...Bobby's first league goal after a post-lockdown break Van Dijk-esque error from West Ham, helped secure our first away league win of the 2000/20001 season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's not a question of whether we win or not. It's a question of how many we can score.

It's going to be a long season for west ham, but they'll stay up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I reckon West Ham will play a team similar to the one in midweek and be a difficult team to play.
Moyes will pack the bus and hope a point. He knows losing this will make him a Deadman walking. I don't think he'll survive their next six fixtures tbh. They have Arsenal, Liverpool, Man city, Leicester, Sp**s, Wolves.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wouldn’t say we’re all the way out of the woods yet with regards to ****ting the bed against teams we should be beating (nobody really is!), but it beats wondering what new ways we’d discover to hand a team 3 points, or make a struggling bum striker look like prime Vieri,

ksarp

I doubt El Neny's getting dropped. Arteta's serious when he says he rewards hard work and good performances. Will Ceballos be patient?

After Neny's play in the Community shield, I couldn't help but notice how our "fluidity" in transition improved in that game. Neny doesn't embellish like Ceballos..who for some reason is hell bent on taking an extra touch or two before moving the ball along. I think the hybrid 6 in Tetta Ball is Neny's to lose.

ksarp

I know we want to keep him but I don’t see how AMN is a better left wing back option than Saka. Unless he’s nullifying an elite opposition winger. We’ve got a few tweaks to make before we see some consistency in our attacking threat I feel.

We need to keep him. AMN is the equivalent of a "Shutdown Corner" to borrow from American football. He's a phenomenal athlete and has neutralized Mane and Troare among others. Yes, his offensive plays leaves you scratching your head sometimes, but he's perfect in that 3-4-3 offense that Tetta runs.

And now Saka...I have a feeling as to why he's not started. Tetta Ball demands that a player plays on "both sides of the ball" ...again borrowing from American football. If Pierre Aubameyang plays on both sides of the ball, then Saka better learn to do the same fast. There are too many instances where he's lost his defensive assignments in games. Maybe it's because he's young? Or does he just not love playing defense? Time will tell.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's not a question of whether we win or not. It's a question of how many we can score.

It's going to be a long season for west ham, but they'll stay up.
I am more confident than before but not confident enough yet. I'm not saying its not likely we are beating West Ham at home but some of our issues from last season can still return and 1 game isnt the right sample size yet. Towards the end of last season we beat Liverpool, City, Chelsea but had poor displays vs Villa Watford Brighton etc.

We need to start being able to put sustained pressure on the opposition for me to be confident going into a game. Thats what we had for most of the Wenger era, it felt like every time we didnt win one of these it was either due to poor defending or the ref ****ing us over. Arteta has made us more solid and we have been attacking well but I would like to see us make more chances in games. Hopefully we got more results like the Fulham one.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
**** it

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka
Pepe Willian Auba
Eddie

Bring Laca and Saka on later in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.