• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lacazette does a thankless task under Arteta. I hope he can get his conversion rate up a bit. Always feels like he misses a few sitters

Replacing him is not a priority this summer. People up in arms need to consider what really needs work in the squad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I mean we did extend El Neny and Mustafi's contracts so I'm not surprised if we renew Lacazette's. We love stockpiling average players.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Dumb move extending unless it is team option based on performances. Lacazette gets paid more than Jamie Vardy, Song Heung Min, and other top attackers. If pay should be proportionate to his performances.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Makes sense, you tie him down and lose the risk of him running his deal down to become a free agent. This way you have an experienced player tied down, he’s valuable wether he plays or not.

Even if he gets dropped for a younger striker, Eddie who I think Arteta really likes, or eventually Martinelli, Laca on the bench is a strong option.

He was never leaving, no cash bid came in for him.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Makes sense, you tie him down and lose the risk of him running his deal down to become a free agent. This way you have an experienced player tied down, he’s valuable wether he plays or not.

Even if he gets dropped for a younger striker, Eddie who I think Arteta really likes, or eventually Martinelli, Laca on the bench is a strong option.

He was never leaving, no cash bid came in for him.

Not at 180K per week he is not. You play out the final 2 season and offer him a 1 year extension end of this season if he regresses further at a heavily discount rate.

If we could have sold him, we would have Im sure of it.

During our title winning sides, we had World Class players renewing on 1 year deals. If the players love the clubs, they will stay. We dont need more football mercenaries looking for their last pay day.

PEA exception as he does not play like he is 31. He is still in his prime.

Impact

Established Member
Think we can improve on Lacazette but I don't think the options available to us on the market this year are clear ready-to-go improvements.

I'm ok with him staying. Hopefully he can up his goal scoring this year and continue being a good foil for Aubameyang.

A 2 year extension on a deal with 2 years to go feels a bit excessive for a player seemingly regressing physically though.

Dishonest to his federation!

Your love story with Laca was the highlight of 2019. Shame Covid came and wrecked it.

Will never forget the icelandic fish days.

Cheer up. No reason to hate me just for having different football opinions. We can all be friends and debate. Its what I thought the purpose of the forum was!

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Cheer up. No reason to hate me just for having different football opinions. We can all be friends and debate. Its what I thought the purpose of the forum was!

Hydro, never forget my first few weeks on AM was me getting a lesson in defending you :lol:

All love bro, not gonna be sending you death threats.

Just that the Icelandic fish stuff is one of the highlights of this forum.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm trying to not be on Lacazette's case this season but I think if you rate him you have low standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom