• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Seeing as we need to deposit the full amount of the release clause, it's a harder deal, since there wouldn't be any structuring between the clubs.

Well it's actually the 'easier' deal, I just don't think we'll have the 50M which makes it hard.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If it's true we're bidding beyond €40m for Auoar, is it at all financially reasonable that we could do a deal for Partey as well? Or is it completely dependent on numerous sales, á la Sokratis, Guendouzi, Elneny etc.?

Nobody knows. It was confirmed that we made a cash+ Guendouzi bid for Aouar. However the rumoured amount is 35 million. I think it may have been after Gabriel also.

So the sale of Martinez essentially funds Aouar. In order to get Partey we would need to sell Guendouzi and Torreira.

Banks

I doubt it nobody knows how much we have to spend even the media could guess but as long as they are not on the negotiating team they know **** all. Arsenal could as well sign both players or sign none so nobody knows, Hopefully things would get a lot clearer soon so we just have to seat tight and hope.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is a Wenger type signing. It's now or never for Aouar. If we dont go for Partey then we will likely scout a younger player.

Aouar's a quality player, just feel we need someone like Partey more...don't think we will sign anyone significant after we get one of Aouar or Partey either.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
It would be great to replace Gendouzi, Torreira, Elneny, and AMN with Aoura and Party! But it will be very complicated! Just imagine if it happens! We will have one of the best set of midfielders.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aouar's a quality player, just feel we need someone like Partey more...don't think we will sign anyone significant after we get one of Aouar or Partey either.

We need him more, but would you rather take Aour now, and miss out on Partey, then buy someone younger next summer. Or buy Partey now and miss out on Aouar for good

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So, what happens to Partey's release clause if it is not activated this window? He has 3 years in contract.

One would think that he has more release clauses in there, and not just for this window.

Breezy

We need him more, but would you rather take Aour now, and miss out on Partey, then buy someone younger next summer. Or buy Partey now and miss out on Aouar for good

We could take Partey now and bring in Szobozslai next summer who’ll be a year more experienced and cheaper than Aouar.

drippin

We could take Partey now and bring in Szobozslai next summer who’ll be a year more experienced and cheaper than Aouar.

Are you sure Szoboszlai is not RB Leipzig bound? Those two clubs have a Red Bull thing going on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So, what happens to Partey's release clause if it is not activated this window? He has 3 years in contract.

One would think that he has more release clauses in there, and not just for this window.
He'll stay unless he renew his contract and his release clause get higher but that'll mean no move for him to England.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not too worried about Partey if Arteta realises that Willock is an 8 not a 10. Xhaka-Ceballos-Aouar will be a starting midfield trio in any case if we get Aouar done (and assuming we go to a midfield three).

drippin

He'll stay unless he renew his contract and his release clause get higher but that'll mean no move for him to England.

What I mean that was Partey so stupid that he put the release clause only to this window, 3 years in contract.

And no release clause in the last 2 years of his contract? Sounds very strange to me if that is the case.

Sometimes players have later release clause prices that are lower in the next windows.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not too worried about Partey if Arteta realises that Willock is an 8 not a 10. Xhaka-Ceballos-Aouar will be a starting midfield trio in any case if we get Aouar done (and assuming we go to a midfield three).
Its difficult because we got no depth and we injury away from playing Elneny. I think if we can't Partey will buy player with similar protile that not valued high.

sykesy69

Not too sure if Arteta will feel comfortable with Xhaka at the base of that midfield 3 (I know I wouldn't).

I'm sure the whole idea of moving to 3 at the back was to add defensive stability to a team devoid of defensive competence and confidence. It was also the reason for bringing Ceballos a bit further back and playing him in an unfamiliar role to one he prefers to play. In order for the midfield to become more defensively stable we've had to sacrifice a player.

I think that bringing Partey in, who has the ability to do what Xhaka - Ceballos are doing by himself, gives the more attacking players in the squad a chance to play more risky football, without that fear factor we saw during and after the Emery era, getting countered at will.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

On twitter I read a suggestion that we could make a bid for Partey and let Atletico know that if they refuse it then we would pay the release clause on the last day of the transfer window giving them no time to find a replacement.

What do you guys think?

It sounds dexterous, I like it.
BDR would have done it, bless his soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom