• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can't lie still don't think Auba is better than Alexis, he was insane for us. Fans just hated him cos he had high standards and got frustrated at team mates. Soft Arsenal fans as usual.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rvp only scored over 20 goals twice in his career. Career wise Auba has surpassed him already. Their Arsenal career is still up for debate.

But by the end of this season, Auba will be greatest Emirates era player.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't lie still don't think Auba is better than Alexis, he was insane for us. Fans just hated him cos he had high standards and got frustrated at team mates. Soft Arsenal fans as usual.
Alexis played for better Arsenal teams. Prime Ramsey, pre-bum Özil and Caz. He did have Giroud though.

29 year old Sanchez looked physically done. Auba at 31 looks like he can still play at the top level for the next five years.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Given that majority of PEAs career has been spent in the Bundesliga and majority of his goal scoring record is there, im going to treat his time there as the same as RVP getting injured.

He was not more complete than the legends you mentioned and good thing I was comparing him to PEA and not all strikers as a whole.

What PEA offers is pace and only recently great finishing (If you actually followed the guy, you'd know he misses a lot of chances, his finishing has just been refined as he has gotten older). His pace is the asset thats made him such an elite finisher because chances came to him at a plenty.

You have RVP who has significantly less pace, therefore has to actually rely on intelligent positioning and actual finishing. Im not into stats but I am sure if we look at RVP and PEA goal conversion for Arsenal over the same period, RVP would come out on top.

When I say he is a more complete striker than PEA, I mean he offers more than just pace and goals, he offers the latter in the same capacity but he also is a great header of the ball, good free kick taker and had decent hold up play where by PEAs is non existent.
That is just laughable. You are going to omit Aubameyang time in the bundesliga because it does not fit your narrative? I at least expect you to be more logical in your analysis. It is probably the 2/3 best league in Europe. I don’t see how you can rationalize not taking into consideration his exploits there. In fact Aubameyang had done it in both ligue 1 and bundesliga and now the PL. which shows more all round goal scoring a ability than RVP’s exploits in the PL.

RVP Had two very good seasons with us and one with Man U. During those 3 years he amassed some 79 goals. If you were to look at Aubameyang peak contribution he had far surpassed RVP. He’s just a better goal scorer!

I expect you to say that RVP was injured and unable to fulfill his potential but that means very little in sports. It is what you do that counts and he spent most of his time here on the treatment table. In his earlier days he was more of a winger. Quick, good feet but awful shooting and passing. He got older and improved his passing and lost his pace but his shooting became exceptional during his last 2 years here. With RVP I will say he has the mentality of a warrior because he stepped up and took over after Fabregas and Nasri left. Before that he was just a important but not essential member of the team. His ability to step up and take control of games with his contribution is what set him apart from his team mates during the 2011/12 season.

All that being said RVP only had two seasons where he scored more than 20 goals in the league for example. His last with us and his one with Man U. His output is not impressive.

As for his game being more all rounded. RVP couldn’t beat anyone for skill nor pace in his later years here but he was lethal with his movements and shooting. Aubameyang can actually beat you for pace and score. In fact looking at where they both are at the age of 31 Aubameyang is ahead. I honestly rate RVP but he was never integral to how play was developed during his best years (Giroud was exceptional at this). He was a finisher and he did that excellently. He developed a good understanding with song and would make those little runs on to a lob from midfield or he would make a turn and collect a diagonal ball and rifle it in to the other corner. He was great for 3 years but he was not a rounded striker he had his limitations. He wasn’t a hold up play player, he couldn’t out pace defended and he couldn’t dribble past a back line, he also was good but not great at heading (Giroud was a better header).

As for Aubameyang he also has parts of his game that need improvement. He can go missing for shot periods of a game but he usually comes up with the goods at the end of the day. The player I would say was more complete was Sanchez except he didn’t have the consistency nor output in terms of goals. He did one season in the league where he got 24 goals.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli

This despite playing on the left and doing so much defensive work. Undisputed best striker in the league. Mouth-breather doesn't come close.
That conversion rate:drool:
Thanks for posting this. Very effective infographic. Even if that conversion rate drops a bit this year, we have to expect more chances for Auba (and others) which will lead to even more goals. Lots of potential in this team this year.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
That is just laughable. You are going to omit Aubameyang time in the bundesliga because it does not fit your narrative?
Yes, I am going to omit the Bundesliga because even Reiss Nelson looked good in that league.

PEA and Lewa played for 2 of the best teams in the Bundesliga and I don't ever recall PEA being consistently ahead of Lewandonski who played for a better team in a league his team dominated.

PEA was top scorer once, every other season it was Lewa and Bayern.

Same way you'd disregard Girouds record at Montpellier or Lacazettes record at Lyon when comparing him to an Arsenal player.

Look, in the PL. RVP has broken 25+ goals in the PL at his peak. His injury record is a lot to blame for the fact that he did not do this consistently. He was a lot more clinical at his best than PEA ever was in the Bundesliga. That's among the reasons RVP is a more complete striker.

Also, the reason PEA works a lot better on the left is because as an out and out striker for us, he is not clinical enough nor does he offer the same skillset a complete striker would.

Bottom line, PEA got a lot of goals in the Bundesliga but pales in comparison to RVP finishing ability. Its not even close.

Kav

Established Member
Yes, I am going to omit the Bundesliga because even Reiss Nelson looked good in that league.

PEA and Lewa played for 2 of the best teams in the Bundesliga and I don't ever recall PEA being consistently ahead of Lewandonski who played for a better team in a league his team dominated.

PEA was top scorer once, every other season it was Lewa and Bayern.

Same way you'd disregard Girouds record at Montpellier or Lacazettes record at Lyon when comparing him to an Arsenal player.

Look, in the PL. RVP has broken 25+ goals in the PL at his peak. His injury record is a lot to blame for the fact that he did not do this consistently. He was a lot more clinical at his best than PEA ever was in the Bundesliga. That's among the reasons RVP is a more complete striker.

Also, the reason PEA works a lot better on the left is because as an out and out striker for us, he is not clinical enough nor does he offer the same skillset a complete striker would.

Bottom line, PEA got a lot of goals in the Bundesliga but pales in comparison to RVP finishing ability. Its not even close.

o_O ... I can’t take you seriously after that. :facepalm:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
o_O ... I can’t take you seriously after that. :facepalm:

Are you comparing PEAs time in the PL, at Arsenal with RVP or are you comparing PEAs time in the Bundesliga against RVP at Arsenal.

Bruh, why would you want to take anyone seriously on the internet?

Kav

Established Member
Your logic is so flawed. It is like saying Messi or Zidane or Ronaldo or Batistuta, or raul’s goal scoring exploits are irrelevant because they did not play in the EPL. That is such a poor argument that I’m not going to even bother responding further.

You can not ignore what a player has done previously because it makes your argument look like trash. Good try though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sanchez > Auba for me, atm anyway.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Your logic is so flawed. It is like saying Messi or Zidane or Ronaldo or Batistuta, or raul’s goal scoring exploits are irrelevant because they did not play in the EPL. That is such a poor argument that I’m not going to even bother responding further.

You can not ignore what a player has done previously because it makes your argument look like trash. Good try though.

PEAs vs RVPs time at Arsenal/PL. Lets you know, keep it at that. The point of the discussion has escaped you.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Rvp only scored over 20 goals twice in his career. Career wise Auba has surpassed him already. Their Arsenal career is still up for debate.

But by the end of this season, Auba will be greatest Emirates era player.
Maybe 2nd best, but fabregas still better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Auba > everyone we’ve signed during the Emirates era for me, didn’t even have to think about it.

I trust that this season he puts it beyond a debate.

As for VP, he was obviously a World Class striker without question - but Arsenal fans have always put him on a certain pedal stool purely because of his outstanding technical ability. I’ve personally never agreed with it.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Maybe 2nd best, but fabregas still better.
Lol Fabregas played nice passes in a better team essentially made for him.

Aubameyang got moved out wide by Wenger, Emery and Arteta and made it work.
Has won something here and has so far been the better captain.

I know who I prefer.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom