• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My point is that Klopp would make full rotations on his squad for domestic cups to give his side a better chance at winning games in the league or in Europe. Arteta will take all competitions seriously. Klopp doesn’t, to Klopp’s own detriment.

Whilst true Arteta can fully rotate players up until latter stages of the Europa league and FA cup if he gets there.

Mane for example played 50 games and 4300 minutes in the 18/19 season. (36 league games and 13 CL games with 1 domestic cup game) By comparison Auba played 44 games last year for us and 3700 minutes. 36 league games, 6 europa league and 2 FA cup games.

Our key player was only used in the FA cup Semi's and final. I'd also say we have better squad depth than Liverpool and much better young players, but the issue is the starting 11 isn't as good.

Uncle Good-Advice

Arteta's approach is reminiscent of Wenger when he joined us in the 90s, but like Wenger it was only a matter of time before the rest caught up and started to put together plans to nullify Arsène's impact.

Despite any reservations I'll take this kind of impact in a heartbeat. That will mean at least 4-5 years close to the top.

But I don't think it would be that easy for others to emulate any coaching genius as it was in the past (of course it's too early to call Arteta a genius). It takes a lot of intangibles now to be truly successful not only great knowledge.

Right now it looks like Mikel oozes charisma - you can't teach that and probably every great manager needs it. He's a respected ex-pro, he also had fantastic coaching background, watching expansive managers like Wenger and Pep but also more reactionary Moyes. Unfortunately it's not only up to him, he needs proper backing from the board and certain set of players who will follow his command without any doubts. Wenger's ultimate downfall was losing touch with new generations of players, as long as Arteta will avoid this mistake we should be fine.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Corona virus has slightly mucked up a proper assessment if Arteta. This was to be his first season in charge with a pre season and early acquisitions to bed in. His tough start hasn't affected him as far as I can tell which is a tribute to him and the coaches. If anything, it's sharpened his skills. He needs proper backing right now. He needs to get Partey and Aouar now and next season, he will have another opportunity to trim the squad and improve.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Arteta in July, after beating Liverpool:

“"You can see how Liverpool build their squad and there's no magic, you need to improve the squad with quality players. We need a bigger squad to compete in this competition. You only have to look at the difference between the two teams - it's enormous."”
@Makingtrax
Squad cost gaining further momentum.

oh to be a goon

I like how Arteta has been so good, no one's mentioned that he's quietly dealt with our horrendous away record that's haunted us for like the last 2 to 3 years.

There is so much about our play that is quietly being done but no one notices.
Like no one panicking. Used to be mutliple times a game at least one of our defend would be sent into a panic running back to goal. Even when we do make mistakes there's always someone near at hand to tidy up before things get out of hand.
Or vocal communication. I was watching a season preview and one of the pundits was talking about how none of the big 6 teams were notably vocal during the restart when stadiums are empty (even Liverpool). He said Arsenal were the only big team with notable communication between players.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Corona virus has slightly mucked up a proper assessment if Arteta. This was to be his first season in charge with a pre season and early acquisitions to bed in. His tough start hasn't affected him as far as I can tell which is a tribute to him and the coaches. If anything, it's sharpened his skills. He needs proper backing right now. He needs to get Partey and Aouar now and next season, he will have another opportunity to trim the squad and improve.

Seeing how he coaches the boys on the field during games without crowd noise has been a credit to him.

(funny to see this and then think about how useless Emery was from the touch line)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Seeing how he coaches the boys on the field during games without crowd noise has been a credit to him.

(funny to see this and then think about how useless Emery was from the touch line)
I think the drinks breaks last season and the quiet stadiuns have really helped him get his message across. I hope there's a way to keep communicating effectively when things are back to "normal". I'm grateful (and also disappointed at the same time!) Emery was such a flop tbh. It's made Arteta's job a bit easier.

Moah

Look at this loveley lady shutting down the saltness that is Tim Sherwood.

You love to see it.

You know Emery was **** when a Tottenham fan hypes him up for you.
How salty must one be to bring the poor results at the end of season, when we have won two trophies since then.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gonna rewatch it right now. Hope they have a manager cam in there.

per-mertesacker.jpg

...Tim being in the background and out of focus always gets me with this pic :rofl:

You seen "Truly Madly Wembley" ...it covers the 2015 Final from both Arsenal and Villa fans perspective...one Villa fan has his wedding on the same day as the game, it's amazing!

Full doc is on YouTube I think.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
per-mertesacker.jpg

...Tim being in the background and out of focus always gets me with this pic :rofl:

You seen "Truly Madly Wembley" ...it covers the 2015 Final from both Arsenal and Villa fans perspective...one Villa fan has his wedding on the same day as the game, it's amazing!

Full doc is on YouTube I think.
Didn't know bout that one :eek:. On the list for tonight. Cheers mate.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Look at this loveley lady shutting down the saltness that is Tim Sherwood.

You love to see it.

Melissa says "I'm not a scoreline journalist" properly shut Tim up. And a journalist like her has much better opinion and clarity of thought than Tim, a former player and manager :facepalm:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Tim will never get over the 2015 FA Cup final hammering, that result basically ended his management career :lol:

I seriously sense that his argument in that video about fine margins and things being different based on whether we won or lost the FA Cup is a projection from this. Tim thinks all he needed was a bit of luck and he would’ve been successful at Tottenham.

Top Bottom