• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,543
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makavelii

I will get slaughtered for mentioning Ajax but it’s relevant here. 1 thing they have started doing lately is giving a share of the profit off a loaned player to the club that had him on loan.

For example Botman who was bought by Lille from Ajax was on loan at Heerenveen last season. As an incentive to play him, and play him right, Ajax gave Heerenveen a share in Botman and when he was sold for about 10M to lille Heerenveen received 10%. So they had a good player on loan and added cash on top of that. And Ajax got a nice amount for a player that never played for the first team. Win-win.
Fascinating. I like this idea.

Jakarta

Starting to realize and process that it is probably never really the target of our club to sign both.

Will have to come to terms with the fact that we will continue to lack athletismn in the centre ..

The lack of athleticism is a big worry. It’s why I preferred signing Partey over Aouar.

But watching our midfield against Fulham it made me realise that we are lacking a creative player in the centre of the pitch. Willian was our only creative outlet.

We need a creative baller at CM with technique more than Partey atm.

daron christie

Still not new bid, not that imminent, maybe?
I’d only expect a bid to be made once a few names are sold until then we have to many players in the squad....Edu and arteta are trying to clear up Ivan and Raul mess and can’t do that in one window especially a covid one

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The lack of athleticism is a big worry. It’s why I preferred signing Partey over Aouar.

But watching our midfield against Fulham it made me realise that we are lacking a creative player in the centre of the pitch. Willian was our only creative outlet.

We need a creative baller at CM with technique more than Partey atm.

Yeah, that's what I've been praying on AM since months, creativity has been relegation level with us, our defense, as shocking as it has been over years, was actually not worse than any other side challenging for top 4 as soon as Arteta got some structure into our play.

First things first, stop having that isolation from midfield to attack, then get more athletism with a profile like Partey to challenge elite sides that put pressure on us 90 minutes straight.

That being said, I was a bit encouraged by our first game, it did not look as bad as it was before - we actually had some quality transitions and free flowing attacks.
Many players seem to just reach another level under Arteta.

But we simply need more.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Aulas knows how to negociate. Can anyone remember what he was talking about when we got Laca from them?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

tenor.gif

Xanth

Classic Aulas. He was being a prick right until we officially signed Lacazette. If anything, it means we’re reasonably close.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Next move from Aulas is to let his valuation be known again and we'll close at a bit below that?

Needs to get those exits moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom