• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makavelii

He can't because Arteta isn't moving away from his 3-4-3 no matter how much fans want him to. We simply have no room in our tactics for Özil, unless he is willing to be a winger.

Then why are we interested in Aouar?
He's not suited to CM either and we have enough wingers.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Aouar is a 8, not a 10 like many fans seem to think. Aouar is also young enough that he can still learn to be a different player, something that Özil will never become.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mods need to bring some order to this thread.

I’m still hoping that Özil will get back to form this season. He’s looked good in training and is only 31. As long as he can get back to being fully committed, I see no reason why he shouldn’t contribute positively this season.

Even if we get Aour, Özil could still offer us something very different as he’s a totally different, more creative type of player.
We're signing Aouar to replace Özil because Özil isn't up to it anymore.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He's brought in to play as an offensive CM like city have in Kdb, Foden and Silva.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gutted to see his slow death.
Don't be. Every time I drive past his road I wish some of you lot could see how he lives :lol: The security gate was up and I couldn't even see the guy who mans it--you know how tempted I was to go down there and take some snaps with a written 'Jury' message, and then upload them here? Very :facepalm:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I was just trying to see how he's fit in that position, and he reminds me of Isco.
He's more mobile than Isco but Isco is a slightly better dribbler.

Isco is probably more suited playing deeper. More like a Thiago or a Santi.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's more mobile than Isco but Isco is a slightly better dribbler.

Isco is probably more suited playing deeper. More like a Thiago or a Santi.
I think he has the tools to play right down the middle. Takes it on the half turn from deep and advances with his head up. Very intelligent in how he receives it and distributes it. He's not too proud to just knock it off sensibly even if he's beat a couple of players. I hadn't bothered much with the videos so far but I'm really impressed.

Makavelii

Aouar is a 8, not a 10 like many fans seem to think. Aouar is also young enough that he can still learn to be a different player, something that Özil will never become.

I’m leaning on the side of disagreeing with this. Not sure what the Lyon coach was doing, but judging by the stats - he doesn’t have the defensive discipline to play CM for us. I don’t think Arteta would be comfortable putting him there in most games.

Makavelii

We're signing Aouar to replace Özil because Özil isn't up to it anymore.

My point was that he can get back up to it again.
It’s a mental thing not a physical thing. He can contribute this season if he gets over the mental hurdle.

Kav

Established Member
Let us hope that this matter is resolved sooner than later because the longer it proceeds the worse all parties appear.

It won’t look good on Arteta either if he freezes out a player for a whole year. They need to find a solution soon

Kav

Established Member
I don’t know but I like to consider the impact on future prospects joining our team and some might have reservations about joining a club with a manager who is not flexible enough.

Just a thought.

amigo

Not necessarily advocating it but why not? What’s the worst that can happen to Arteta if he freezes out Özil for the whole season?
We lose 18 million pounds and annoy all the pro-Özil fans in our base while wasting a potentially valuable player that could have helped us gain top 4 or another trophy. Simple.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We lose 18 million pounds and annoy all the pro-Özil fans in our base while wasting a potentially valuable player that could have helped us gain top 4 or another trophy. Simple.
We'll be just fine without him. It's not like he was instrumental in us winning trophies last season.

So what happens if lose all the pro-Özil fans? If a fan stops supporting a club because we stopped playing his favourite player, then said fan wasn't a fan of the club in the first place.

You could argue we've been wasting the 18m ever since Özil signed that contract.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
We'll be just fine without him. It's not like he was instrumental in us winning trophies last season.

So what happens if lose all the pro-Özil fans? If a fan stops supporting a club because we stopped playing his favourite player, then said fan wasn't a fan of the club in the first place.

You could argue we've been wasting the 18m ever since Özil signed that contract.

he shoud play and play well ....just to see the bum squad's bums burn. These would rather arsenal get weakened than Özil play. their hate has made them anti-fans.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Still think he has a potential use against teams that sit back. Our current new style is most effective against teams that press us high.

We may lack the players to unlock more compact teams. If there is any form left in him, it's a tool we can use. It is a bit of a big if though, just as he really hasn't played much football. Similar to Bale at Sp**s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom