• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical Of The Week: If you could upgrade one of our players, how would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Give our left-footed players the ability to play with their right foot too.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That was a hypothesis :) you cannot expect them to have Cazorla-level skills to play with both feet.

But our left footed players seem quite limited on certain occasions, especially when releasing the ball.
Their body shape must be in good position for them to do it.

Over the years our left-footed players were so many, and you rarely saw them play it with their right: Gibbs, Clichy, Wilshere, VanPersie, Giroud, Monreal, Vermaelen, Perez, J. Campbell, Pepe, Xhaka, Özil, Kolasinac, etc...

From current players, Xhaka sometimes uses his right foot but only when it seems like the pass to be made is safe.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not Cazorla levels, no. At the end of the day he had an exceptionally good strike and pass on him that only world class players have... with both feet! I’m talking more just being as good on your weaker foot, even if your strong foot isn’t exactly a wand.

The advantages if the whole team were the same, are endless... To be genuinely two-footed might be the most potent quality actually. There’d almost be no such thing as a bad pass on match day anymore.

They’ll be a day when a manager puts genuine two-footed ability the first priority. This is some radical **** here. I may be he first person to ever dream of this.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Özil a backbone. What a player that would be.
That would be it. Imagine him waking up one morning saying: "Leck mich am Arsch, jetzt werde ich es den Schweinen es erst recht zeigen!" And of he goes and trains and plays like a ****ing monster! :drool:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Again, this is another analogy that I put a lot of thought into. It was a toss up between ‘giving Ted Bundy the power of teleportation’ or that one. Basically I’m saying you wouldn’t want someone who does madness to be given the ability to do madness more often.
:rofl::rofl:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Again, this is another analogy that I put a lot of thought into. It was a toss up between ‘giving Ted Bundy the power of teleportation’ or that one. Basically I’m saying you wouldn’t want someone who does madness to be given the ability to do madness more often.

Read this quite a few times but once I understood I laughed.

progman07

Established Member
I would give Pepe a killer mentality. Simple as that. We have a 30-goal a season player in there, without the motivation to go that way.

A player who can score two identical free-kick goals to win a game has top top technique. He could also do a Robben and score the same cut-in goals every 2nd game really, if he tried harder. Sometimes he dribbles past 3-4 defenders so easily, then doesn't do it for the whole game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pepe. Genuine power to burst past opponents. I mean that Gareth Bale, Adama Traore brute power.
That’s actually doable... All he’d need to do is go nuts in the gym. I don’t think he has the biggest frame, but those Ivorian genes will probably make him swole as ****!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
:lol:

But what madness does Xhaka currently do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom