• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He looks back at his time with Real happily, they aren't a rival to Arsenal (if he had played for one of our rivals in the past, then chose a picture of them while playing for us, then I agree there would have been a double meaning and I would have been angry) I don't see any issue here myself.
You can't argue that the timing isn't a bit suspect. Ever since he was dropped he's been posting all sorts of cryptic messages online. Like I said, he knew what he was doing.

Maybe his intention was to troll or rile up the fans (it's evidently working) He's an Arsenal player. There are plenty of Arsenal picture where he has that same pose that he could have posted but he chose the Madrid one.

And it's not like he was acknowledging Madrid in that tweet either. He just posted a tweet and used a photo of himself clad in Madrid kit.

Anyway, I'm not really angry at him. It's just that the whole situation is a bit frustrating. I'm just counting dow the seconds till he's gone. It will better for him and the club.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
****ing anal to argue about this while other teams are able to manage their players.

Just bloody get this rotten business over with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Manberg said:
I don’t pay any attention to what he posts on twitter and I advise others to do the same. It may not even be him it may be his pr team doing it. Once a yagunnersya post came out of Gundogan’s twitter account in a mistake. They shared the same pr company.
You know what Dave, you may have saved Mesut with that one!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Let's just be frank, most arsenal players gripe with Özil is not his ability, it's his liability on the defensive side of the game. Gone are the days any top side can have a luxury player...even Ronaldo and Messi work their socks of defensively in the big games.

We've given him a bumper contract partly because 3 months prior to signing he was playing out of his socks and everyone thought maybe there is another level in Özil.

However as soon as he signed the contract his form went to **** and it's never been the same since.

As Arteta said to play for Arsenal you need to give 100% that comes first. If Özil actually bothered to give 100% in all aspects of his game (offensively and defensively) he'd be in every match day squad without a doubt.

Watching Laca and Auba Both CF work their arse off for the team shows it can be done...if you really want it! Özil doesn't and that's why tbh it pisses me right off.

People say Özil's situation is the same as Bale's but it isn't, Zidane doesn't want to have Bale in the team...big big difference. Özil has a way back in to the team but he can't be asked and at the same time rinse the club of money.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The feelings brigade are... *checks notes* in their feelings again :lol::lol::lol:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The feelings brigade are... *checks notes* in their feelings again :lol::lol::lol:
drake(4).jpg

littleboysilva

I wonder if the people upset with Özil over that tweet think he was working with the pr team like "add a picture of me praying but make sure I'm in a real madrid kit that will get em"

It's bizarre what you guys will get mad at

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I wonder if the people upset with Özil over that tweet think he was working with the pr team like "add a picture of me praying but make sure I'm in a real madrid kit that will get em"

TBF one of the people who was annoyed posted a picture of him praying in an identical manner in an Arsenal shirt and posed the question why didn't he use that photo. So .....

As several posters have said, its all good fun. Enjoying the pre-exit banter!!;)

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fcuking Everton having a blast with Richarlison and James in the team while we bloody making our playmaker sit at home

Özil has not been a playmaker for years. Just a static reference point somewhere in the final third playing safe passes to the nearest player.

James Rodriguez his his flaws too but always looks to disrupt defensive lines with penetrating balls and is much more involved in build up play.

If only he was willing to adapt his game to play in a deeper position, I think he’d get a lot more action.

TakeChillPill

Established Member

It's actually quite sad if that was the case, if I were a player out of the side I would be more concerned with what I have to do to get back in. Extra sessions with the fitness and strength coach. Not try to troll fans.

Maybe shows where his mind is at...maybe he's pushing for a move back to Madrid with bale leaving. You never know!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Do you think on Monaco Mania they’re crying their eyes out when Fabregas tweets pictures of him wearing one of his old teams shirts?
They play in front three people and a tortoise, on top of a shopping centre... So no, I’m sure they wouldn’t give toss. Of all examples to use... Monaco :lol: This is England mate. You don’t do that crap here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They play in front three people and a tortoise, on top of a shopping centre... So no, I’m sure they wouldn’t give toss. Of all examples to use... Monaco :lol: This is England mate. You don’t do that crap here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom