• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If Arteta can straighten the boys out the way he straightens his hair out; we’ll be alright.

BogusEllipticalIndianrhinoceros-small.gif

Manberg

Predator
How can he not see the absolute need of players between the lines?

In games like these we absolutely have to play 4231, otherwise there's no connection between our attackers and midfield.

We don’t have the balance to play 4-2-3-1, not without further additions. The tactics were fine today, the players kept making unforced mistakes and were not as fluid as they should be.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We don’t have the balance to play 4-2-3-1, not without further additions. The tactics were fine today, the players kept making unforced mistakes and were not as fluid as they should be.

We absolutely do. Willian at 10, flanked by Pepe and Saka/Auba.

If you cannot take chances against West Ham at home then I don't know when you can.

Manberg

Predator
We absolutely do. Willian at 10, flanked by Pepe and Saka/Auba.

If you cannot take chances against West Ham at home then I don't know when you can.

We conceded on the counter with 5 at the back. Without runners in midfield we’d have been destroyed. There’s no guarantee that having a player behind the strikers will be effective in creating chances.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We conceded on the counter with 5 at the back. Without runners in midfield we’d have been destroyed. There’s no guarantee that having a player behind the strikers will be effective in creating chances.

5 at the back, but we were reallying on Kola, Saka, and Xhaka to defend that left side. That was always going to concede.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

The two times we actually managed to find players between the lines, we scored. I never said there was any guarantee. We're simply too conservative against teams that don't come at us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have a really weird squad to work with tbf...our players have some ridiculous strengths and weaknesses, probably more than any other top side in the league, it's why we can vary so much in our performances game to game.

Can understand why we have games like this, least under Arteta they aren't as frequent as they were under Emery and the lend of Arsène's time.

For his first ever job, he is doing brilliantly.

Manberg

Predator
The two times we actually managed to find players between the lines, we scored. I never said there was any guarantee. We're simply too conservative against teams that don't come at us.

Stability and balance is more important. Let’s not forget the times we had an exciting midfield that had Cazorla and Özil in it yet got carved open all too often. Even had games where we lacked creativity.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Aye, it feels like Arteta is a bit too worried (and rightly so) about our defence to really set us up to push back the opposition.

Which is why I'm wondering if Partey might take priority as he offers presence in the MF?

What I worry about slightly is that it's not necessarily creativity we lack but rather we're just being conservative.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think I have to lay some of the blame for today's performance here

Don't think 5 at the back with these personnel was the way to go.

Kolasinac can't pass like Tierney, Holding can't pass. Ceballos and Xhaka together seem redundant. Really think it should be one or the other.

I would have gone 4231 and played Pepe from the start

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think I have to lay some of the blame for today's performance here

Don't think 5 at the back with these personnel was the way to go.

Kolasinac can't pass like Tierney, Holding can't pass. Ceballos and Xhaka together seem redundant. Really think it should be one or the other.

I would have gone 4231 and played Pepe from the start

This is the thing how far can we actually go with this system?

Top Bottom