• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah that Emi mistake was 1 error in 11? games. Leno made more poor plays in this game alone

Emi was quality last year, can't take that away from him...but's he gone now, Leno is here and has shown quality too.

Bernd made a big save at Fulham last week at 0-0, he isn't perfect either, but feel he is a good keeper.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
That one howler was due to Dani not moving out of the way. Leno clearly called for it. Emi lovers quickly attacking him at every chance. Other chances he made decent punches.

Same way Emi was poor for the Maupay goal and did you all forget how he left 90% of the goal open late in the villa game vs Davis who missed? Emi has lot of mistakes in his shot stopping.

Love Emi and he definitely is much better than Leno in crosses (especially with his height) but overall definitely Leno is better and we made the right choice.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I used to be a big fan before his injury tbh, but I think my bar was too low. Then Emi came in and he showed how much more a GK can be to a side. His personality and presence just stood out like it does with top keepers--and that's without the shot stopping and handling ability. I think we will miss him. Leno makes me nervous.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Note to Leno- deal with crosses, command your box. He made a couple of decent saves but he doesn't fill me with confidence. I hope he gets better.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I used to be a big fan before his injury tbh, but I think my bar was too low. Then Emi came in and he showed how much more a GK can be to a side. His personality and presence just stood out like it does with top keepers--and that's without the shot stopping and handling ability. I think we will miss him. Leno makes me nervous.

Think you are spot on presence and personality, think Leno is a better shot stopper, but Emi just made the team better.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think you are spot on presence and personality, think Leno is a better shot stopper, but Emi just made the team better.
He just had that X factor about him. Lehman was the same--he'd drive us mad sometimes and was to blame for a lot of stupid ****, but you'd back him when the chips were down. I think Emi was beginning to be that guy for us. Dont think Leno has that in him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He just had that X factor about him. Lehman was the same--he'd drive us mad sometimes and was to blame for a lot of stupid ****, but you'd back him when the chips were down. I think Emi was beginning to be that guy for us. Dont think Leno has that in him.

Leno is bland, I'll agree...think we need Luiz and Tierney to really make that back 3 work, Holding and Kola make Cygan look like Sol Campbell! ( though I did quite like Pascal for some reason :lol: )

Also...let's not compare Emi to Jens, least let's see a bit more of Emi first...for all we know it could have been a purple patch and Martinez is just another Fabianski.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Accident waiting to happen. He punches the same balls Emi was catching clean. Not only that, but we can barely play out from the back with him. He’s so bad on the ball, he plays us into trouble.

At least Emi went long sometimes.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol I think you guys need to wait until Emi plays infront of fans again - before you’re so harsh on the great Leno.

Dani got in his way when he claimed that corner and dropped it. I definitely thought of Arsenal mania in that moment thinking - ah they will love this.

DasBootist

Lol I think you guys need to wait until Emi plays infront of fans again - before you’re so harsh on the great Leno.

Good point. All of Martinez's purple patch has been post-lockdown, so it's difficult to say how he would perform with thousands of supporters shouting @ him.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I can definitely live with Leno but my blood pressure in these games where balls are being continually crossed into the box will be twice as high as with Martinez.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Martinez has made him look so much worse, he looks so nervous anytime a cross comes in and it becomes a bit chaotic. Emi would claim those crosses and was a much bigger presence in the box, he's like 6'5 to Leno's 6'1. Berd looks so small in there.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Dani got in his way when he claimed that corner and dropped it. I definitely thought of Arsenal mania in that moment thinking - ah they will love this.
He needs to batter Dani there, hold the ball at all costs not try to kind of not hurt Dani by falling over him carefully. Players will learn to get out of the way as will the opposition. Leno is so soft man he does this all the time. Needs to grab the ball and take out whatever is in front of him, then opposition will stop hassling him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think Leno is the least of our worries myself. Considering our recruitment strategy, we’re lucky to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom