• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The most annoying thing about Laca for me is that he's supposed to be an elite "fox in the box" striker, but so many times when he receive the ball in the box he starts making unnecessary touches and just lose the ball without making a shot, it happens all time.
Yesterday:
I really miss all those one touch finishes from Giroud.

Before his injury at the start of last season it wasn't so common, but now it is.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The most annoying thing about Laca for me is that he's supposed to be an elite "fox in the box" striker, but so many times when he receive the ball in the box he starts making unnecessary touches and just lose the ball without making a shot, it happens all time.
Yesterday:
Another one of our players who can't turn on the ball with his back to goal. We have few too many of them in our squad and it's hurting us.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol:

Giroud salvaged his career the day he decided to give up scoring and embraced being a lamp post tbh. Lacazette is Lacazette you don’t have to rate him. Bigging up Giroud however, I will never understand.

Still don't get how people rate Lacazette but act like Giroud is the worst, they're the same level with technique and pace but Giroud offers way more with physicality. No one has ever been able to tell me what makes Lacazette better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Still don't get how people rate Lacazette but act like Giroud is the worst, they're the same level with technique and pace but Giroud offers way more with physicality. No one has ever been able to tell me what makes Lacazette better.
We’ve been through this before - I went indepth and explained all the ways how Giroud was one of the worst strikers in Europe when he was at Arsenal and how Lacazette out performs him- but you guys didn’t buy it and I’m fine with that.

Im not here to advocate for Lacazette- there’s no need, he’s scored 2 in 2 and hasn’t been our worst player in 2 W’s.

I just don’t understand the praise of Giroud that’s all, but to be frank there’s no need to, thankfully he’s gone.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We’ve been through this before - I went indepth and explained all the ways how Giroud was one of the worst strikers in Europe when he was at Arsenal and how Lacazette out performs him- but you guys didn’t buy it and I’m fine with that.

Im not here to advocate for Lacazette- there’s no need, he’s scored 2 in 2 and hasn’t been our worst player in 2 W’s.

I just don’t understand the praise of Giroud that’s all, but to be frank there’s no need to, thankfully he’s gone.

Don't really remember that tbh, sounds like it never happened.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The most annoying thing about Laca for me is that he's supposed to be an elite "fox in the box" striker, but so many times when he receives the ball in the box he starts making unnecessary touches and just lose the ball without making a shot, it happens all time.
Yesterday:

Thought this was poor when I saw it live, but man it's really bad watching it again :facepalm:

Lovely pass by Willian...hopefully this isn't the norm for Laca this year, same for the team and we play better and more consistently this season...glad he got his 50th goal for us at least last night.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's clear as day Arteta knows Lacazette is far from good enough, current circumstances means we'll have to persist with him. In saying that tho I don't think it'll take too much for him to be dropped with the way he performed yesterday breaking down so many attacks because of his inability to control a ball, make a good pass and in general just poor decision making. Not that Nketiah is Firmino or anything but I think he'll be given a chance sooner rather than later.

say yes

forum master baiter

It's clear as day Arteta knows Lacazette is far from good enough, current circumstances means we'll have to persist with him. In saying that tho I don't think it'll take too much for him to be dropped with the way he performed yesterday breaking down so many attacks because of his inability to control a ball, make a good pass and in general just poor decision making. Not that Nketiah is Firmino or anything but I think he'll be given a chance sooner rather than later.

No it’s not :lol:

Did you actually read the story? Or just going off the headline?

Arteta clearly rates Laca. He starts him in every important game and constantly praises him in the press. All that he said in that article is that they haven’t offered him a new contract yet because they’re busy trying to get transfer business done.

Don’t know why people need to make **** up all the time. If Arteta knew Laca was “far from good enough” then he’d be loafing around with Mesut and Guendouzi on match days, rather than starting at CF for us.

say yes

forum master baiter
Still predicting a big season for this guy. Hope he can get over 30 goals & assists again, which would be great return alongside Aubameyang.

2 in 2 now, and his productivity has improved a lot recently. Still think there's more to come, but looking at his stats there's already been a big improvement under Arteta since football resumed:

Lacazette pre-lockdown last season: 149 mins per goal / assist
Lacazette post-lockdown: 105 mins per goal / assist

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He took his goal well and worked really hard to help the attack but coming deep all the time to do the job of a midfielder is leaving him knackered. I laughed out loud when Alan Smith said Saka was waiting for Laca to get himself in to position before he crossed. His slowness does limit us and I don't think he'd have scored the goal Nketish did.

People need to read more carefully what Arteta says in the press. His job is to get the best out of the players and improve them while they are here. His job is to be their friend and listen to them.

Of course he praise Lacazette. Just like he said Kola had good game yesterday or that Cedric is best finisher in the world or a Mari was a good signing. But Arteta I doubt Arteta rates Laca that highly. Laca is seriously lacking as athlete to execute Arteta gameplan for 90 minutes in and out for a whole season.

SELL.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Genuinely don't care about his 2 in 2. Need to get him out of this club and bring Edouard in. We need someone who can run ffs.

I'm not sold on Edouard, think Martinelli has a much higher ceiling and destined to be our CF with Auba on the left.

Additionally, Saka is making a good case for starting in the front three. Our real concerns squad wise are strength in depth in midfield, Xhaka/Ceballos are doing well as a two but if one gets injured you don't have faith in El Neny to perform across a season.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

:lol:

Giroud salvaged his career the day he decided to give up scoring and embraced being a lamp post tbh. Lacazette is Lacazette you don’t have to rate him. Bigging up Giroud however, I will never understand.

Giroud's a solid player, won a world cup without scoring and has forced his way back into a good Chelsea side last season by simply being useful to their best player Pulisic.

He'd certainly be an upgrade on Laca here although ofc I don't want either as we have better talent coming in his position anyway. Regardless, had we just kept Giroud and not signed Laca I feel as though this team would function better currently.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He'd certainly be an upgrade on Laca here although ofc I don't want either as we have better talent coming in his position anyway. Regardless, had we just kept Giroud and not signed Laca I feel as though this team would function better currently.
Probably.

In that same token I reckon Lacazette would have done better than Giroud during his time here.

For all the hate Lacazette gets, he reached the 50 goal landmark almost a whole season earlier than Giroud and he has been here less time (achieved 30 games quicker). This is in a far less creative team by the way. Someone asked how was Lacazette better than Giroud, well theres one easy department - chance conversion rate. Theres more but I didn't want to debate about Lacazette all season again.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Yeah I get you, I don't particularly rate either so for me its like asking which flavour of sh!t sandwich you want for lunch.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah that's not true so I deleted my post.

Sorry to misinform you, I was deceived, apparently LacasSauceBoys on Twitter isn't the best of sources to rely on.
Fair enough I looked it up and it seems it was the case and he reached it fairly quickly but if I'm wrong Im wrong.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

In the link:

""He's a player I'm really happy with," Arteta added. "I think we've shown him a lot of faith since I arrived here."

Gossip girls seem to be in here too, spreading gossip which is totally against what Arteta said.

And they just love the club, I heard it from AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom