• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup: Leicester vs Arsenal| Wednesday 23rd September 19:45| https://carabaocup.live/ for £10

What’s the result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Mesut probably trained with U23 because he wasnt in the squad for the match. What a tragic affair this has become.

Macey

Cedric Saliba Luiz Kolasinac

Elneny AMN

Pepe Özil Nelson

Nketiah​

If not Özil I’d give Saka the minutes.

Edit: Completely forgot we had Guendouzi. Suppose he could be in there but I doubt we’ll see him or Mesut, sadly. Our squad is freaking huge and that’s without Mari, Mustafi, Chambers, ESR. Ridiculous stuff.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Laca should play in this, we need Eddie's extra speed for Liverpool really.

Riou

Yeah or we need Laca’s holdup play for Pool because we have no creative midfielder..

Thought we played very well against Liverpool in the Community Shield, Eddie's extra burst of pace made our attacks/pressing that little bit more effective imo.

Against "Park the Bus" teams, I like a striker to be good with his back to goal...against teams with a high line like Liverpool, a faster forward on the counter is my preference.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Thought we played very well against Liverpool in the Community Shield, Eddie's extra burst of pace made our attacks/pressing that little bit more effective imo.

Against "Park the Bus" teams, I like a striker to be good with his back to goal...against teams with a high line like Liverpool, a faster forward on the counter is my preference.

Well you make a decent argument for Eddie. Would still prefer Laca vs Pool, personally. But I trust Arteta to make that call. Makes more sense to start Eddie in the cup, at least in terms of managing fitness and not overplaying Laca.

dino bravo

Mainly hope to see Saliba.

Guendouzi, Özil, Torreira, Elneny, Nelson should all play, unless LT or Douzi are busy signing for another club.

Win or lose I won't be too disappointed. I usualy want us to win this comp of course, but this season it could be a real hinderence, particularly as we will have to go to Anfield if we win.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This is a good opportunity for a lot of our youngsters/fringe players to get a good run out against a decent team. Hope to see the likes of Willock, Nelson and possibly Saliba.

I almost don’t want Özil to play. If he plays and absolutely bosses it like he did away to Liverpool last season in this competition it’ll just make me sad he’s not involved with the first team.

I’ve not seen us win this cup, although it’s the least priority it’d still be nice to see us lift it. Of course it’d be Uncle Mikel’s THIRD trophy too. COYG!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Think we'll see:

Luiz Saliba/Holding Kolasinac
Cedric Elneny Guendouzi/Xhaka AMN
Pepe Nelson
Eddie

Would not be surprised to see Arteta choose Xhaka and Holding over Saliba and Guendouzi, I think he'll pick a strong, experienced team.

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka's one of our most important players, he'll be rested. Can't afford him getting injured.

Our key players at the moment are Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Xhaka and Aubameyang.
Everyone else is expendable. Leno can play since keepers are unlikely to get injured.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Xhaka's one of our most important players, he'll be rested. Can't afford him getting injured.

Our key players at the moment are Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Xhaka and Aubameyang.
Everyone else is expendable. Leno can play since keepers are unlikely to get injured.

I hope you're right! Would much rather see Guendouzi or ESR get minutes in a league cup match. ESR I feel like is going on loan though? I saw he hasn't even been given a squad number yet, weird how there's been no noise about a loan, but I guess it makes sense, probably waiting to see if we can get deals for Thomas and/or Aouar over the line before loaning him.

re: Xhaka I think we'll find that Ceballos will be the more important player to Arteta's plans this season than Xhaka. Especially if Granit plays like he did the other day.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Özil is now training with the U/23's then I really think he's time here is up unfortunately & he won't be given too many chances this year, this would be the most obvious game to play him in to play a mix of youth & experience. If there are younger players who get given a run before guys like Mustafi, Guendouzi, Özil, Torreira, Sokratis etc. Then they would have to be on their way out & not in Artetas plans anymore. We have got a rather big squad & do need to clear out a lot of dead wood. Thats what I do on my FIFA career modes, I clear out a lot of those players to get more budget then bring in my own choice of players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Will be good to see who's in the squad for this one. We'll be able to see who really isn't in Arteta's plans. No Özil/Douzi would be telling, think Douzi will be there though.

Riou

...The King's first hattrick!

Tomb Bombadil

Hard to predict a lineup. I hope nobody plays from the game against West Ham besides maybe Kolasinac or Saka.

Do you think we will play with 3 at the back?

Macey
Saliba - Luiz - Kolasinac
Cedric - Elneny - Willock - AMN
Pepe - Nketiah - Nelson​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom