• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Emi was quality for us, but some of this is ridiculous on here.

"Always knew he was an elite keeper", "Prime Cech" ...ffs :lol:

If he was either of those things, he wouldn't be playing for Villa right now!

This will be his first full season as a starter for a top flight team, let's see how he does before immediately ranking him alongside the best of the best shall we.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hoping Leno improves in that aspect but can a leopard change their spots? It'd take some transformation for him to become commanding overnight. It also makes the defence a tad uneasy with Emi in a lot of aspect they could feel assured.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hoping Leno improves in that aspect but can a leopard change their spots? It'd take some transformation for him to become commanding overnight. It also makes the defence a tad uneasy with Emi in a lot of aspect they could feel assured.
Commanding keepers command every where they are. We saw Emi trying to get in VVD’s head before the shootout at Wembley. It’s a psyche. You’ve either got it or you ain’t. Leno wouldn’t have been attempting that. Trying to control and command everything can of course sometimes bite you in the arse, but if you have ability with it, it’s powerful.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Commanding keepers command every where they are. We saw Emi trying to get in VVD’s head before the shootout at Wembley. It’s a psyche. You’ve either got it or you ain’t. Leno wouldn’t have been attempting that. Trying to control and command everything can of course sometimes bite you in the arse, but if you have ability with it, it’s powerful.
So true. Seaman had that aura. The only time I saw Leno trying to flex his muscles was when he was being stretchered off vs Brighton. He's as quiet as a mouse :(

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I trust the club wherever I can, since those people are professionals and see those people regularly, but this time I certainly won't -

Martinez is a significantly better keeper than Leno and this deal was terrible, should've sold Leno to Chelsea for more and kept Emi

Leno is so insecure on any high balls played, it's affecting the while team each time it happens

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It’s a big doubt for me. To be clear I rate Leno and he’s more than good enough for us. It’s just Emi showed us..perfection. Defense was calm, he was in command. Leno is never in command, when he comes out for a high ball nobody knows what will happen. Emi makes it look easy. :(

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just watch this place when Martinez makes a mistake. It will erupt from certain corners.

Justifiably so imo...with the way Leno is getting treated by some, of course there will be blow back towards Emi when he ****s up, which is more to do the the "fans" on here than Emi really.

Let's play Aubamawang

Genuinely can't believe the stuff I'm reading on here. Leno was saving our ass for the last season and a half and was our only quality player outside Auba. Martinez played very well when he came in but he only played 15 games ffs. Recency bias is clouding everyone's judgement
No, Leno being unable to catch the ball is clouding mine. When he has the same calming presence as Emi at the back, I will back off. There's more to being a goalkeeper than being a good shot stopper and playing sweeper keeper.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Justifiably so imo...with the way Leno is getting treated by some, of course there will be blow back towards Emi when he ****s up, which is more to do the the "fans" on here than Emi really.
The fans are full of sh*t really. Nothing wrong with Leno, even if you like Martinez - which 99% of us did.

Almunia too fresh in my mind - if you really think Leno is a problem then to be honest you’re dumb.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The fans are full of sh*t really. Nothing wrong with Leno, even if you like Martinez - which 99% of us did.

Almunia too fresh in my mind - if you really think Leno is a problem then to be honest you’re dumb.

come on....be honest. dont you find Leno flappy and panicky?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emi had an incredible run and showed what a perfect keeper performance can do to inspire a defence. I'd have kept him. Transfer business in this club is it's Achilles heel. We're worse than useless. Mari, Cedric, Luiz . . 8CBs? £70m on Pepe, then Willian to edge him out when we're desperate for a midfield upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom