• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also if Lyon say negotiate with us for say 60M isn’t that still better than say a 50M release clause for Partey because we can stagger their payments out over a number rather than pay it all up front.

Others have said that Ornstein speculates more now because he has to post weekly stories with the Athletic and I can kind of see it tbh.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Also if Lyon say negotiate with us for say 60M isn’t that still better than say a 50M release clause for Partey because we can stagger their payments out over a number rather than pay it all up front.

Others have said that Ornstein speculates more now because he has to post weekly stories with the Athletic and I can kind of see it tbh.

He goes on to say how difficult it is to negotiate with Aulas, it's not about the money it seems.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
At this point it’s 90% clear we’ll sign one of them and not both. And I would prefer Partey because what’s the point of having a good #10 as long as you don’t have anybody who can control the midfield

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Yes he just predicting and guessing. we actually only club in England have no reliable journalists cover what going with transfers :lol:.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I'm still not losing hope of getting both. Both open to leave and both are achievable it's only matter to sell 3-4 of our team before moving

You are severely under rating our current squad and how shoddy the teams around us actually are.
Really? So you think we are better than United, Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham and Wolves? I wouldn't say anything points to it. Maybe the latter two but that's that. Everton is a different team this year. I have watched both their games and was impressed, especially how they played against Sp**s. I won't even mention Pool and City.
All we got is a massively unbalanced squad with a good manager who is never going to work miracles without sufficient financial backing.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Man, Partey AND Aouar alongside the business we've already done so far and the plephora of talent we have to build upon, that would've been my favorite window of all time.

Partey is a pretty solid window, given covid and all that comes with it

GDeep™

League is very weak
The level of the PL over the last few years has been the poorest i can remember, even this season Lampard/Ole two average managers are managing our rivals.

We have to start taking advantage of this before these clubs get their acts together.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Man, Partey AND Aouar alongside the business we've already done so far and the plephora of talent we have to build upon, that would've been my favorite window of all time.

Partey is a pretty solid window, given covid and all that comes with it
Is the least we should do even with sales and Partey Aouar purchase our net spent could be 50m-60m just like last summer. But of course if we fail to sell we could just end up with one.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Really? So you think we are better than United, Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham and Wolves? I wouldn't say anything points to it. Maybe the latter two but that's that. Everton is a different team this year. I have watched both their games and was impressed, especially how they played against Sp**s. I won't even mention Pool and City.
All we got is a good manager who is never going to work miracles without sufficient financial backing.

Maybe exactly that ?
Don't quote me on this for having missed out by 1-2 points or so, but pretty sure we are 3rd/4th since Arteta joined.

We are outperforming those others and it's even super unfair to include the first few games of Arteta when the team was basically not functional and it took some games to steady.

Based on performances under Arteta, even though not every game is pretty beautiful to watch and the imbalance is more than obvious, we are probably the 3rd best club around.

Things can admittedly change though, if we are just dropping a bit in focus, because then this imbalance will carry more weight.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The level of the PL over the last few years has been the poorest i can remember, even this season Lampard/Ole two average managers are managing our rivals.

We have to start taking advantage of this before these clubs get their acts together.

Isn't that exactly what other clubs could say about us ?

Maybe exactly that ?
Don't quote me on this for having missed out by 1-2 points or so, but pretty sure we are 3rd/4th since Arteta joined.

We are outperforming those others and it's even super unfair to include the first few games of Arteta when the team was basically not functional and it took same games to steady.

Based on performances under Arteta, even though not every game is pretty beautiful to watch and the imbalance is more than obvious, we are probably the 3rd best club around.

Things can admittedly change though, if we are just dropping a bit in focus, because then this imbalance will carry more weight.
You are right but Isn't that what we did when Emery first came in? We got dominated by a relegation candidate in Westham in the second half and we were very lucky that attempt by their striker was scrambled off the line by Leno. If we can barely control the midfield against relegation candidates, what happens when we play teams that have better CM like Leicester?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You are right but Isn't that what we did when Emery first came in? We got dominated by a relegation candidate in Westham in the second half and we were very lucky that attempt by their striker was scrambled off the line by Leno. If we can barely control the midfield against relegation candidates, what happens when we play teams that have better CM like Leicester?

Not sure if this is serious. Surely you can see we are significantly better in bigger games?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Ornstein's gone downhill since the Athletic move. Think there's too much pressure on him to put more out so he speculates a lot more.

I still take note of anything Arsenal related he tweets though. He's still leagues ahead of the Twitter tosser journalists / ITK's.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Would rather say that we dominate most games but have some very mediocre ones in between where old failings resurface.

Other teams have those shockers as well and often are even luckier with it, like ManU.

Imo, we constantly improve nonetheless and our players all get better and better by the minute as they soak up new information from big **** Mikel. The youngsters will, at least some of them, also explode at some point.

For the big ambitions for the PL title and more, we definitely need worldclass midfielders though, but CL spots shouldn't be impossible with the current team, either Partey or Aouar would massively increase our chances though.

But football holds no quarentees, just look at Leicester for it - yeah, one out of a million and the extreme case maybe, but it still holds a message in that sense.

Also, referees, bad luck and so on are 20-30% of it, you cannot get that out of the picture imo

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Luiz - £8M
Tierney - £25M
Martinelli - £6M
Saliba - £27M
Pepe - £20M

In what world is that £45M.

It's always been about what we can pay NOW, was also the reason for the long time of discussions for those deals.

We had almost no leeway last year, probably not even more than 1-2m apart from it.
Think it even was 40m or 45m EUROS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom