• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think he'd probably get the most minutes there from any other PL team - whether that translates to a good fit I'm not sure. They really need a spark in the final 3rd and it's somewhere that Nelson could get regular minutes and become an important piece of their attack.

I'd really like him at Brighton. Think Palace have got their attack somewhat sorted so there's less need for Nelson there. Brighton on the other hand play some really good football and just need a player like Nelson IMO who can score goals and help knit their attack together potentially.

Fulham/Brighton are the two main teams I'd be looking to send him to.
Can't have him playing with opps like Maupay.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'd love a Southampton move in theory but Boufal's quite good though and Armstrong is a regular so I'd worry about game time there. I want him to get as much minutes as possible so Fulham seems like the best bet as they have the weakest set of attackers bar Mitrovic. With Brighton, I assume he'd play as one of the forwards as he did at Hoffenheim from time to time. His best role is as a #10/second striker rather than a chalk-on-boots RW so that would definitely suit him if they were to use him in that way. Ideally he'd play LW otherwise - I don't really think using him as a RW is the best use of him.

How did West Brom set-up with Diangana and Pereira? If both of them played wide, could play Nelson #10 there or move Pereira central and put Nelson in one of the wide positions. Lot of interesting ways this could work, but we have to be really discerning.
I saw them vs Everton and they seemed to play some 5-4-1/3-4-3 with Pereira and Diangana as wide mids/wingers and two central midfielders and Robinson up top. If they play like that he’d be competing with those for game time and both looked class tbh.

I think Fulham is the only viable option in PL, but I’d lean towards an attacking top side in Championship. I don’t get why some seem against that, he needs to play more than anything and I’d rather see him in an attacking outlet where he sees a lot of the ball

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I thought Villa but Grealish is at his best on the left and they’ve just spent big on Traore for the other flank so doubt he’d break in there.

Newcastle another club who look settled with Saint-Maximin and Fraser.
Yeah, forgot about Traore tbh. He probably wouldn’t be a starter there

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I saw them vs Everton and they seemed to play some 5-4-1/3-4-3 with Pereira and Diangana as wide mids/wingers and two central midfielders and Robinson up top. If they play like that he’d be competing with those for game time and both looked class tbh.

I think Fulham is the only viable option in PL, but I’d lean towards an attacking top side in Championship. I don’t get why some seem against that, he needs to play more than anything and I’d rather see him in an attacking outlet where he sees a lot of the ball

I think there’s room as a 10 or on the flank if he moves Perreira centrally.

444-B3-A17-85-D5-46-F5-BAF7-0-CF0-D8-A624-D0.jpg

This is their pass map from Saturday and you can see they’re massively reliant on the wing backs giving them width.

The only two PL quality attacking players they have are Perreira and Diangana so if they played Nelson as a 10 and changed to a back 4, in theory he could give the other two space to move wide like they tend to there.

Obviously would need a change of formation though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A team like Brighton Westbrom who play both possession and counter attacking would fit Nelson. Also Bilic and Potter are good manager

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Feel like we should just sell him instead of a loan, if we can get around 20-25 million. Don't think he's gonna make it here tbh.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Feel like we should just sell him instead of a loan, if we can get around 20-25 million. Don't think he's gonna make it here tbh.

I really like him and he's obviously massively talented, but if it would be something like "sell Reiss to guarantee both, Partey and Aouar are happening", I'd go for it as well.

We have a lot of talent coming up again and the here and now will define the future of the club.
We need CL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Feels like he was the next great young player for us with the hype he had, but Saka has taken that spot really.

Not all our young players are gonna make it here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Feels like he was the next great young player for us with the hype he had, but Saka has taken that spot really.

Not all our young players are gonna make it here.

Arsenal fans are really sentimental over our players, we always talk about how we want to be like Liverpool but we would cry if we sold a player like Brewster. Sometimes we need to just let go of players.

It's why I'm always at odds with people, I have no sentiment towards these players and always argue with people who do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bilic's West Ham were very good before the stadium move...plus didn't he manage that Croatia team that beat England in Euro 2008 qualifying?

Always thought he was a decent manager, think the problems with West Ham's stadium move affected his rep badly though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bilic's West Ham were very good before the stadium move...plus didn't he manage that Croatia team that beat England in Euro 2008 qualifying?

Always thought he was a decent manager, think the problems with West Ham's stadium move affected his rep badly though.
Yes he done well at Westbrom too get them promoted in his first season.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Think there's enough time to at least send him on loan and still get that sort of money or even more if he succeeds.

If he does well (but not well enough for Arsenal), you've shopped him around. He's not damaged goods yet, unlike some other members of our squad.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

People still don't rate the Championship so there's always gonna be question marks over whether he can do it in the PL. I'd prefer PL minutes but I'm quite happy just to see him get consistent games. No shame in getting 30-40+ in the Championship at this stage IMO.

I really like him and he's obviously massively talented, but if it would be something like "sell Reiss to guarantee both, Partey and Aouar are happening", I'd go for it as well.

We have a lot of talent coming up again and the here and now will define the future of the club.
We need CL.

I'd take £25m at this stage for him but, like with Nketiah, I'd be extremely reluctant. Still think there's a truly great player within Nelson and while I'm not terribly sentimental about players once they move on, I'd still be a bit disappointed if we actually did sell - especially if he does actually fulfill his potential somewhere else. That'll be a bitter taste. Think we should be patient here rather than look to sell straight away.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Why are only options discussed in this thread championship or PL?

Loaning him abroad is what I'd be looking at. Especially to see if a higher level Bundesliga/Serie A side or mid table Spanish side is interested, where he won't be in defensive phase all the time.

Tomb Bombadil

I'd take £25m at this stage for him but, like with Nketiah, I'd be extremely reluctant. Still think there's a truly great player within Nelson and while I'm not terribly sentimental about players once they move on, I'd still be a bit disappointed if we actually did sell - especially if he does actually fulfill his potential somewhere else. That'll be a bitter taste. Think we should be patient here rather than look to sell straight away.
I mean £25m would be great for Nelson. Problem I see here: I don't think he will develope at Arsenal and loans are also not the best thing for him (self-confidence). If somebody pays £25m they would also play him.

On the other hand we don't have that many HG players and he's on small wages. So we should have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom