• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Coutinho on loan plus a deal for Partey would be great, albeit not a particularly long-term solution.

You don't get the sense he'll leave though, he's been heavily involved in Barca's pre-season and from the looks of it they're doing a sort of PR makeover of him to rehabilitate him into the squad and make him look like an important player.

Aouar should still be the priority, it's a much more sensible long-term investment, but if you can't do that and you can do a deal for Coutinho then that's a great option tbh.

GunnerShy

Coutinho on loan plus a deal for Partey would be great, albeit not a particularly long-term solution.

You don't get the sense he'll leave though, he's been heavily involved in Barca's pre-season and from the looks of it they're doing a sort of PR makeover of him to rehabilitate him into the squad and make him look like an important player.

Aouar should still be the priority, it's a much more sensible long-term investment, but if you can't do that and you can do a deal for Coutinho then that's a great option tbh.
Between a loan fee and Coutinho's wages what makes you think it's much cheaper than the first year of an Aouar deal?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Between a loan fee and Coutinho's wages what makes you think it's much cheaper than the first year of an Aouar deal?

It wouldn't be cheaper than the first year of an Aouar deal probably. Aouar's just a better long-term deal, cos he's younger and you'd actually own the player. Coutinho is older and it'd only be a loan so it's not something you can plan long-term with, although I think he could be very useful on the pitch for a year or two.

I don't think he'll leave Barca this summer though.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Uruguay assistant coach said he talked to Torreira and it's very close. Ok guys, by all reports it looks like we won't sell enough, or at the price we had in mind to get 2 expensive CM. It is public knowledge by now that the main targets were Partey & Aouar. We will only get one. Who do we want, who do we need most, who should we get?
I for one think it will be Aouar, beacuse we can do an instalments type deal, and his wages will be lower then what Partey is asking. At the same time I think we need Partey more, but what can you do? Maybe we will try late in the window to get a cheap deal done on some athletic DM?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People torturing themselves over what know nothings on Twitter say.

What will happen will happen in terms of incomings and outgoings in the next 10 days or so. It's not worth getting worked up over a situation you have no control over.

Finesse

At this stage in the market we don’t need an ITK to tell us what it going on. The facts are clear. We have not sold to bring in enough of what is needed to go out for our main targets. Simple.

Our finances are constrained with Covid and we must go easy hence we decided to raise as much as we can from player sales. We are struggling in that area for very obvious reasons. Player wages and buying clubs have tightened their purses too.

For now we have a few days to hang in there and activate plan B only once we are convinced it is right. The two main targets are known and the terms of their deals are clear. Buy out for Partey and a fixed amount for Aouar. Personal terms and player/agent discussions have taken place. For now we just need to wait and see how much we can get in terms of players sales and who goes off the wage bill to accommodate the new restructuring.

Papa , Kola , Mustafi , Lucas , Douzi , Chambers etc are all out in the market. We are also ready to listen to the right offers for Laca and Hector. Happy to keep them but will cash in for the right amount.

No point harassing handles on twitter to get gold dust.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
At this stage in the market we don’t need an ITK to tell us what it going on. The facts are clear. We have not sold to bring in enough of what is needed to go out for our main targets. Simple.

Our finances are constrained with Covid and we must go easy hence we decided to raise as much as we can from player sales. We are struggling in that area for very obvious reasons. Player wages and buying clubs have tightened their purses too.

For now we have a few days to hang in there and activate plan B only once we are convinced it is right. The two main targets are known and the terms of their deals are clear. Buy out for Partey and a fixed amount for Aouar. Personal terms and player/agent discussions have taken place. For now we just need to wait and see how much we can get in terms of players sales and who goes off the wage bill to accommodate the new restructuring.

Papa , Kola , Mustafi , Lucas , Douzi , Chambers etc are all out in the market. We are also ready to listen to the right offers for Laca and Hector. Happy to keep them but will cash in for the right amount.

No point harassing handles on twitter to get gold dust.

I’m dead :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::cool:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've spent a significant sum of money, well in terms of Net Spend. Remember we get £30 million for qualifying for Europa. While it's true Europa has affected us financially, at this moment of time I doubt Arsenal have gone too deep into their pockets. I got nothing to back this up but logic would dictate that a club owned by the frugal Kroenkes would put themselves in financial ruin at this moment of time.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
My biggest fear is that we won't be able to sign Partey or Aouar and do nothing. We do this way too many times and it hinders us. We need someone else. Even if we can't sign Partey or Aouar, that does not mean we sign nobody, there are always alternatives. I think we are forgetting that Aouar and Partey are the premium names and the best in their respective positions for us. They are not the only ones available. We have a scouting department (albeit, one that has suffered cuts), Edu has contacts to several agents and surely the club must have written up a contingency place in case the worst case scenario happens.

Aouar alternatives:
Szabozalai
Buendia
Dybala

Partey alternatives:
Sangare
Soumare
Bissouma
Douglas Luiz

I would not mind if we went after one of our premium names and the other was the budget version. Even a club as good as Liverpool don't get their first choice star but they're able to sign equally talented players. They couldn't sign Werner for £60 million so they get Jota for £35 million. Excellent business and if Jota has the better season than Werner, many people will say it's the smarter piece of business.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Aouar alternatives:
Szabozalai
Buendia
Dybala

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom