• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's an 8. People talk about him being a winger, but he isn't always going to influence the game by beating his man on the wing. He doesn't have the pace to do it. However he always finds a way to make something happen when inside. We need him as a right 8 with Aouar as the left 8.

Yeah I'm warming to this idea. His versatility is so impressive but he needs to grow in one position for me. I can't remember who made the argument of him rightfully being used in different positions but I can't agree.

You look at someone like Foden, a young player at Citeh who's been used in a number of positions. He's now putting his stamp on that CM role and he's growing every week. Saka could do the same for us. He can pass, dribble, has an eye for goal and is strong with an exceptional work rate.

This little bit of play to create an opening was fantastic. He didn't get 12 assists for us last season by just swinging in crosses. He has vision. Whilst our team look somewhat devoid of creativity Saka can grow into a real creative outlet for us.

Saka for no.8.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’ll get quicker. He’s not yet grown into his body. When he does he’ll be a monster. It’s imperative that we have at least 2 of Willian, Saka and Pepe on the pitch, which is one of the reasons why I bang on about moving Auba back central where he’s just as deadly but in doing so allows us to add an extra creative outlet (which is required given the limitations of our midfield).

Gegen Pressing

He’ll get quicker. He’s not yet grown into his body. When he does he’ll be a monster. It’s imperative that we have at least 2 of Willian, Saka and Pepe on the pitch, which is one of the reasons why I bang on about moving Auba back central where he’s just as deadly but in doing so allows us to add an extra creative outlet (which is required given the limitations of our midfield).

Data shows otherwise.
Some of his statsports GPS data have
his top speed at
36.16km/h and his high speed running (
HSR) values are leading both Tierney and Bellerin ...
Indicating he spends the
most time of all players at top speed indicating explosiveness- special
considered Saka still seems to have plenty of time on the ball to pick great pass and not look clumsy like
gervinho
Pepe

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Data shows otherwise.
Some of his statsports GPS data have
his top speed at
36.16km/h and his high speed running (
HSR) values are leading both Tierney and Bellerin ...
Indicating he spends the
most time of all players at top speed indicating explosiveness- special
considered Saka still seems to have plenty of time on the ball to pick great pass and not look clumsy like
gervinho Pepe

Bukayo is def quick and pretty powerful for his size. He just struggles dealing with the strength of grown ass men. It's pretty clear to see he hasn't fully grown into his body. Males usually keep growing into their early 20s.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bukayo is def quick and pretty powerful for his size. He just struggles dealing with the strength of grown ass men. It's pretty clear to see he hasn't fully grown into his body. Males usually keep growing into their early 20s.

Yep. He’s only 65kg and 1.78cm. Having just turned 19, you’d think he’ll be a lot more robust when he gets to 24/25.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Arguably a more important signing than Auba getting this guy tied down, absolute quality once again.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, he’s the real deal.

Really liking him as a midfielder, passes the ball with conviction and knows what he wants to do with the it.

He has vision, so maybe facing the game will be better for him than playing on the wing? We need to have a good path for him to follow and that includes nailing him down to a position.

Geofranco

Really wanted him to get an assist or score in this match. Team needs to be more clinical cause whenever Saka is on the pitch, he'll be creating at least 2 legit goal-scoring opportunities. Imagine the damage we can do with Partey, Auoar and Saka in the same midfield.

Geofranco

Yeah, he’s the real deal.

Really liking him as a midfielder, passes the ball with conviction and knows what he wants to do with the it.

He has vision, so maybe facing the game will be better for him than playing on the wing? We need to have a good path for him to follow and that includes nailing him down to a position.

He is not really the Zaha type of winger that uses explosive pace and flair to beat fullbacks.

He is a bit more subtle with his approach. Plus he struggles with the physicality sometimes.

I think his decision-making and intelligence makes him even more dangerous playing as a LCM.

Saka is not more technically gifted than Willock, Nelson or Smith-Rowe, he is not even physically superior either, just much smarter than those guys.

He has that ability to read the game and thinks a step or two ahead. That's what really separates him from the other Hale end youngsters.

Love his mentality going forward..the kid has an elite understanding of when to distribute and when to dribble. His execution in this situation is already at a mature level and i expect it to improve. Keen to see how he develops once he gains some confidence in his technique with the ball and ability to consistently contribute for the side with imposing himself in a game on a regular basis.

I like how Arteta is generally working with him from a positional perspective. Admittedly ive seen his best football as a lwb/lm in 343 but i dont think he has the defensive aggression required to succeed in a back 4. The kid likes to create. This is his strength. For me he should focus on his creative skills and progressing as a player on the ball than without it.

nick gould

Ran the show while he was on the pitch. So happy with his performance, showed real poise in possession whether passing or dribbling. Enjoyed it.
The boy is very dangerous going forward. He makes the right decision 9/10 times. Kind of the decisions that a spectator with a panoramic view of the pitch thinks he should be making. It's not a coincidence that he's been so successful in his short career so far.

blaze_of_glory

Missed the game but really glad to hear he played well after struggling a bit last game ( still the guy making the decisive plays though!) We've got a special one on our hands.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is not really the Zaha type of winger that uses explosive pace and flair to beat fullbacks.

He is a bit more subtle with his approach. Plus he struggles with the physicality sometimes.

I think his decision-making and intelligence makes him even more dangerous playing as a LCM.

Saka is not more technically gifted than Willock, Nelson or Smith-Rowe, he is not even physically superior either, just much smarter than those guys.

He has that ability to read the game and thinks a step or two ahead. That's what really separates him from the other Hale end youngsters.

Saka is easily the most technically gifted whale end youngster. Shooting with both feet, dribbling, weight of pass of pass, vision, body shape when receiving. None of them touch him. He has a first team number for a reason

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don’t know what you guys are saying about Saka’s weight, body and strength. He’s regularly forcing pl fullbacks off the ball and holding them off himself, he’s deceptively strong, has great balance and uses his body very intelligently.

Geofranco

Saka is easily the most technically gifted whale end youngster. Shooting with both feet, dribbling, weight of pass of pass, vision, body shape when receiving. None of them touch him. He has a first team number for a reason

Good points. From watching them coming up at youth level, Nelson looked the most gifted. Nelson's touch and close control are def better.

Crossing, shooting and passing are things I will give Saka the edge in, but that's because Nelson hasn't really shown his shooting ability in the first team.

I think Nelson is also better at playing quick combination passes and maneuvering out of tight spaces.

Saka and Azeez are my fav prospects, but I just feel Nelson is the most naturally gifted we have produced since Wilshere (you can count Gnabry, but he wasn't a Hale End product).

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know what you guys are saying about Saka’s weight, body and strength. He’s regularly forcing pl fullbacks off the ball and holding them off himself, he’s deceptively strong, has great balance and uses his body very intelligently.

Has balance and uses his body intelligently yes. Strength is interesting. He’s 65kg and 5ft9. Pretty light. It’s much easier to shove players off the ball when defending than attacking because you are always a little less balanced with the ball. He’s fine there.

Going forward though it’s exciting to think how good he’ll be when he does fully mature physically. Best prospect we’ve had in years imo.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Love his mentality going forward..the kid has an elite understanding of when to distribute and when to dribble. His execution in this situation is already at a mature level and i expect it to improve. Keen to see how he develops once he gains some confidence in his technique with the ball and ability to consistently contribute for the side with imposing himself in a game on a regular basis.

I like how Arteta is generally working with him from a positional perspective. Admittedly ive seen his best football as a lwb/lm in 343 but i dont think he has the defensive aggression required to succeed in a back 4. The kid likes to create. This is his strength. For me he should focus on his creative skills and progressing as a player on the ball than without it.

Going forward? That's not your job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom