• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Hopefully ESR recovers from that injury soon, I'm really intrigued to see how involved Arteta wants him to be. So far we don't know if he's getting sent on loan, playing a bit-part role or being given serious minutes like Saka.
Yeah, I'm very interested to see what Arteta does with him. I get the feeling if we don't get Aouar and keep him to play, he might be this season's Saka.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Agree with this, tbh I just like that we’re seemingly going after the players that fix issues in the team. Previous windows I got the sense that there wasn’t much plan and if an opportunity arose for a talent we’d do it, otherwise we were happy to just stick with what we had.
It’ll be dissatisfying if we miss out on them (I’m pretty confident we’ll get at least one of them in) but the team actually feels like it’s on the up. Been a while since I’ve thought that.
Yeah and meanwhile if we manage to trim the squad by the end of the window, we should be in good shape. From there we just have to upgrade certain positions and get some decent squad players. Some of which might just turn up from the academy.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He’s had major problems with club politics, missed an average of 12 games a season through injury. Zidane doesn’t like him for whatever reason, that’s the big issue here. Not his quality.

The quality of your posts on the other hand, is an issue.

Because my opinion is different to yours? The facts are nobody will know how bale will do until he starts playing again. Özil still has the quality but it wouldn't work now.

Get a grip.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Literally nothing has happened. It’s been the same story with Partey and Aouar for over a month now.

You sharing your little advent-calendar of bum ITKs each day doesn’t change that.

Will you care if we get the best possible deals? We've already done business. You're acting as if we have done none.

Just go with the flow man.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
had a feeling all along that we were having a good window with all good rumors from good sources but in reality without A&P, it is a **** window. Time is running out. Getting worried.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Still 10 days to go. A very long time in the transfer market. People will flap more and more the less time we have, but the fact remains that we can sign Partey in the last 3/4 days if need be as he has a release clause. That has always been the case.

If nothing has changed by the cup game against Liverpool next Thursday then we can panic :lol:

Until that point, calma.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Maybe I'm more optimistic than most but I think the current squad is good enough for a tilt at top 4.

Obviously we know we have deficiencies in midfield, but that West Ham performance will be one of our 5 worst performances this season. I wouldn't read too much into it. Everyone underperformed.

Still, I expect us to sign one more midfielder this summer. My personal preference would be Partey but I think it might end up being Aouar, or a player that hasn't even been linked to us yet.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maybe I'm more optimistic than most but I think the current squad is good enough for a tilt at top 4.

Obviously we know we have deficiencies in midfield, but that West Ham performance will be one of our 5 worst performances this season. I wouldn't read too much into it. Everyone underperformed.

Still, I expect us to sign one more midfielder this summer. My personal preference would be Partey but I think it might end up being Aouar, or a player that hasn't even been linked to us yet.

I think its enough to push but ultimately will finish 5th at best. One of the midfielders linked cements us into 4th. Two of them just makes it even more comfortable.

Logic would dictate one will sign. We will still shift players, loan deals will also bring cash in. Even if we just signed one our net spend would be sitting at around £30-50M which is realistic for this window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough but that's wildly optimistic. Leicester have a better midfield than us. Utd and Sp*rs have back-up midfielders that barely play that cost 50m. We have one serviceable back-up midfielder in Elneny. You might be able to win one-off cup games like this but you'll get find out over a league season with a midfield as threadbare as this one. We'd be lucky to get top 6.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Arteta is a top manager but we're wasting him if we don't spend some serious money on this squad.

Will burn out like Potch at Sp**s.

I'm not worried at all that Edu and Arteta know perfectly well which players they need, how to not get fed **** players instead etc, but I AM worried that Kroenke just does not give them leeway, if they don't perform miracles in the market by selling every unwanted player for great fees.

You can play a risky game dragging it on in order to increase chances of getting better deals, but you cannot leave Arteta hanging, if it does not work out.

If that window does not end with proper incomings, then it's on Kroenke.
Biding my time for now as to how I'm going to judge him, but it's looking worse with every day without any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom