• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Emery was given about 200m to spend last 2 summer. Arteta nothing so far with 12 days to go it's ridiculous even if there covid crisis the owner should invest ffs

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Emery was given about 200m to spend last 2 summer. Arteta nothing so far with 12 days to go it's ridiculous even if there covid crisis the owner should invest ffs
Not trying to be an Emery apologist - but it was quite clear that Denis Suarez aside he had no control over who came in. You can tell in his interviews how frustrating he found it.

Important to note that I don’t think it would have worked out for him regardless.

An example is how Arteta has publicly dumped Özil - which has been done with far more finesse.
Özil stans didn’t even see it coming and they still back Arteta. Arteta just gets the culture here and knows how to manoeuvre unlike the goofy supply teacher Emery.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Not trying to be an Emery apologist - but it was quite clear he had no control over who came in. You can tell in his interviews how frustrating he found it.

His preferred players and what actually came through the door were two different things. Important to note that I don’t think it would have worked out for him regardless.

An example is how Arteta has publicly dumped Özil - which has been done with far more finesse. Özil stans didn’t even see it coming and they still back Arteta. Arteta just gets the culture here and knows how to manoeuvre unlike the goofy supply teacher Emery.

I think its starting to become clear, you can't ostracize someone lowkey forever. It will eventually start to show and people hate being manipulated/lied to.

Only ever questioned Arteta due to his lack of experience but gladly went on board like any would with a new manager. Same with Emery, fully backed him until he showed some weird sides to him.

The fact that Arteta has absolutely no grounds so far to bench Özil is whats going to bite him in the arse. You don't want people over speculating. Not losing faith but genuinely starting to question his approach here.

On Emery, it was pretty clear what he was trying to establish, its just that the players weren't as on board as they are with Arteta. When the players started making fun of him, you knew that nothing he had in mind would ever work.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah I’m not a fan of how Arteta is using some of the players I would like to see - but I think he will be fine.

He’s done more than enough to receive our support and you can see the long term plan with him.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Yeah I’m not a fan of how Arteta is using some of the players I would like to see - but I think he will be fine.

He’s done more than enough to receive our support and you can see the long term plan with him.
Agreed, think him being an Arsenal man and winning trophies will keep a lot of the ultras off his back for a while.

Understandable with Douzi, just that Pepe and Özil seem to be on the fringes.

Hope we get Aouar and Partey in and see how that goes. Maybe we could see.

Özil/Willan
Partey/Xhaka - Aouar/Ceballos​

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arteta can improve players as much as he can and work his magic with them but most of our squad have limited ability they won't get you top 4 and we already see how limited they are against Westham we got outplayed by club in pure mess just because they have midfield can compete. let's see what happen next 12 days but hopefully we'll get Arteta some players that he can get another a better level than where we were last season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not trying to be an Emery apologist - but it was quite clear that Denis Suarez aside he had no control over who came in. You can tell in his interviews how frustrating he found it.

Important to note that I don’t think it would have worked out for him regardless.

An example is how Arteta has publicly dumped Özil - which has been done with far more finesse.
Özil stans didn’t even see it coming and they still back Arteta. Arteta just gets the culture here and knows how to manoeuvre unlike the goofy supply teacher Emery.
Oh my goodness I forgot Emery brought in Denis Suarez here :facepalm:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think the narrative needs to change that our defence is awful, it isn’t. We are showing our quality with a new structure. If Arteta gets the midfield signings correct we are going to be a force this season.
i think you can't be sure until you pay 4 at the back at 3 defense are more comfortable because they will be not much space for attackers.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lmao the defence is terrible I’m not quite sure how you could say anything different. It was already bad as it is and then we added Luiz.

You can argue that it’s actually midfield that is maybe our weakest area. Maybe it’s cause we’ve always had atleast 1 world class player in there until recent times so it seems worse than it is.

Kysus

The difference, after like only 6 months, is already day and night.
The ease we play it out from the back with, against even the best press(pool, city) and also with the backup squad, is incredible.
There is real swagger. Press? Good luck, we gonna turn it against you.

Against packed defenses we still struggle a bit but I doubt it will be too long until Arteta manages to manifest his vision there too.
From Emery to this, I'm so happy .

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Lmao the defence is terrible I’m not quite sure how you could say anything different.

Defensively since Arteta has come in we have been quite good, our goals conceded, shots conceded, xG conceded are all quite good under Arteta.

Yes, this has been done with a very pragmatic, defensive set-up for the most part, but we are starting to see it evolve this season.

Our problem under Arteta so far is going forward and with the ball, where we've performed like a mid to low table team. But like I said, we're seeing this evolve before our eyes, and along with the addition of Willian and the continuing development of Saka, a creative midfielder would be key.

I think it would be fair to say that midfield is currently our weakest area, yes.

Making excuses for Emery re: recruitment is poor, honestly, it's the manager's job to do the best with what he has (didn't pick Ramsey for half a season before stumbling on to the fact that he was our best midfielder, for example) and Emery did very badly. He was a terrible hire and is a clueless, out of his depth manager who made his name on a few cup competition wins, while regularly underperforming in the league for a club that has been far better off since he left.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The fact that Arteta has absolutely no grounds so far to bench Özil is whats going to bite him in the arse.

No grounds except the fact that we are playing much better without Özil? Except the fact that Özil has to be a winger in our 343 and fans would still complain about it? Which is why no manager in his right mind should give a **** about what the fans think, he should do whatever it takes to make a strong squad. You don't win games with the best players, you win them with the best team.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think its starting to become clear, you can't ostracize someone lowkey forever. It will eventually start to show and people hate being manipulated/lied to.

Only ever questioned Arteta due to his lack of experience but gladly went on board like any would with a new manager. Same with Emery, fully backed him until he showed some weird sides to him.

The fact that Arteta has absolutely no grounds so far to bench Özil is whats going to bite him in the arse. You don't want people over speculating. Not losing faith but genuinely starting to question his approach here.

On Emery, it was pretty clear what he was trying to establish, its just that the players weren't as on board as they are with Arteta. When the players started making fun of him, you knew that nothing he had in mind would ever work.
Oh I think Arteta will be clear once the TW closes. It’s no coincidence that all the players that are linked for a move away/are unwanted are not playing right now. Exception is Kola, and that was only because of Tierney’s injury.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If Arteta can coach this lot to not concede goals right before half-time they'd probably, like, win the league or something?

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
No grounds except the fact that we are playing much better without Özil? Except the fact that Özil has to be a winger in our 343 and fans would still complain about it? Which is why no manager in his right mind should give a **** about what the fans think, he should do whatever it takes to make a strong squad. You don't win games with the best players, you win them with the best team.
Özil played well under Arteta... Im not sure what playing much better without Özil means when we actually didn't play much worse. He hasn't featured in a while so it would be difficult to tell how we would play if he starts.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Özil played well under Arteta... Im not sure what playing much better without Özil means when we actually didn't play much worse. He hasn't featured in a while so it would be difficult to tell how we would play if he starts.

Playing much better without Özil = looking more solid defensively.

And Özil played meh under Arteta, he had done nothing that can make people say he's irreplaceable and it is outrageous for him to be dropped. Elneny has done better in 2 games under Arteta than Özil had in many more.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom