• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2020/2021 Gameweek 3

TriniGunner

Garcia, Walker and Mendy giving away penalties. Lol. City needs a new defense. Maybe we can convince them to buy either Mustafi or Sokratis or holding.

I honestly did not expect this result. The Mahrez and Madison goals were special.

I just hope Liverpool doesn’t get pumped up by this result.

We should be the ones pumped.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Micah Richards on Rodri- "he's not agile, he can't move..."
Souness is backing Liverpool to run away with it.
Dawson says City will be fine as they won't be facing a team like Leicester every week lol.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Liverpool have been ropey at the back ever since that Atleti game. Obviously it’s relative, but you can get at them, particularly down the right side of their defence with TAA/Gomez. The Leeds game wasn’t a one off. Chelsea scored at Anfield too.
Actually if you press them you can make them to commit mistakes. You can make a first pressure and if they pass it then sit back and wait for the counter. That's how Arteta win against them last year. The other part and very very important is not losing the ball against them when you are with ball from behind. If you do it they overwhelm you.

We are actually getting pretty good with the ball from behind. And that's all due to Arteta. Emery tried the same in paper, but the idiot didn't know how to execute.it.

mwake

Liverpool have been ropey at the back ever since that Atleti game. Obviously it’s relative, but you can get at them, particularly down the right side of their defence with TAA/Gomez. The Leeds game wasn’t a one off. Chelsea scored at Anfield too.

Yeah I think Liverpool have the best defence but their problem is complacency. Once they lost at Watford then they kinda lost motivation a little...it affected their concentration in games especially with regard to defending...When you play a high line as Liverpool do centration and focus is a real big deal.

On another note Thaigo is a massive boost for them to be honest as they relied on their defenders to sometimes set up attacks but with Thiago they now can go through the middle which is scary as they have multiple points of attack...Even their CB VVD displays passing range on Beckanbeur levels.

Arsenal just have to be aggressive and resolute to beat Liverpool, maybe if an early goal is scored pool will be ruffeled but its gonna take a 90m total focus type game to from Arsenal

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You know this is why I didn’t understand why so many people were keen on Ake.

He was a key component of a team that got relegated with a shocking defensive record.

Looked out of his depth today tbh.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Having no crowd is a great leveller imo especially at Anfield. Could be a great advantage for us, we are used to playing with a silent crowd at home
Nah I don't think it'll make much of a difference. Anfield is the scariest place to visit for us. Even Old Trafford doesn't faze us as much as it used to. Funny enough I think Liverpool too have a bit of a complex about The Emirates. They don't have a good record here in the last 10 years.

Kav

Established Member
You know this is why I didn’t understand why so many people were keen on Ake.

He was a key component of a team that got relegated with a shocking defensive record.

Looked out of his depth today tbh.
Don’t know what you were watching but he looked certainly up to standard. Not his fault Garcia, walker and Mendy all gave away stupid penalties. He also scored their second goal.
He also made a goal saving tackle second half. what they need is to partner him with a competent defender and hope they don’t give away stupid pens each week.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know what you were watching but he looked certainly up to standard. Not his fault Garcia, walker and Mendy all gave away stupid penalties. He also scored their second goal. Get those blinders off.

Time and again he got caught way up the pitch.

The others might have made crucial errors but his positioning was all over the shop. If Leicester wanted to they could have put 7 or 8 past them.

Kav

Established Member
Time and again he got caught way up the pitch.

The others might have made crucial errors but his positioning was all over the shop.

Isn’t that their entire defense though? I’m almost certain Pep instructs his defenders to camp on the halfway line. They’re all guilty of it and personally it drives me worried when I see Arsenal do the same with the fullbacks or wingbacks constantly in the opposition half.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t that their entire defense though? I’m almost certain Pep instructs his defenders to camp on the halfway line. They’re all guilty of it and personally it drives me worried when I see Arsenal do the same with the fullbacks or wingbacks constantly in the opposition half.

Yeah but you’ve got to know when to sit and win the ball high up the pitch. He just lunges in every time.

I’d be shocked if he gets much time on the pitch this year. They’ve spent 40M on a back up in all probability.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Similar. Forgot about that, which is embarrassing, as I was there! Great game that, we hadn’t finished celebrating that goal when Özil scored. :drool:
Yeah, just a shame we didn't push on in the 2nd half. We could've avenged the 8-2 result.

Back to the backheel goal, Kanu scored the best one imo against Middlesbrough

Kav

Established Member
Yeah but you’ve got to know when to sit and win the ball high up the pitch. He just lunges in every time.

I’d be shocked if he gets much time on the pitch this year. They’ve spent 40M on a back up in all probability.
Fair enough but apart from Laporta they don’t have much quality at CB. I don’t think Garcia is ready to start there either. If they get Koulibaly then that would be a big improvement.

He could also go for Upamecano or Hernandez which are better passers of the ball.

let’s hope they don’t get anyone in at least we stand a chance with their porous defense.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom