• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Manberg

Predator
I can’t fault the team selection or the formation. If we played 4 at the back like the armchair experts here want we’d have got battered 5-1. Instead, we would have drew had Lacazette took his chance.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I can’t fault the team selection or the formation. If we played 4 at the back like the armchair experts here want we’d have got battered 5-1. Instead, we would have drew had Lacazette took his chance.

Ehhhh, have to disagree there. Especially towards the end we were giving away sitters. If Liverpool took theirs it could have been 7 or 8-4 by the same argument.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What's the difference? Sit for 90 and wait to lose or at least go out and do something about it, even if you lose you at least have to try. People are delusional if they expect us to get the top 4 with this formation and selection.
This is not an issue against Liverpool away, but we are playing the same c*** against every team

nick gould

Could have drawn the match but that would have been totally unfair on Liverpool. He played it safe but in the end we could have done with the 5 sub rule because Ainsley, Willian, Xhaka, Laca, Elneny will have needed subbing off at some point.

Gabriel should have started. You stand a chance of scoring a headed goal with him in there.

PressResistance

Think this is the first one where I have to fault him for both the team selection, as well as the approach. And, tbh, for the in-game adjustments or more precisely, a total lack of them apart from pushing his players up-the pitch.

If we are playing Liverpool with a negative approach, trying to soak up the pressure and then counter, it's absolutely, absolutely decisive, that we get pressure on their wingers, as well as fullbacks. This means besides putting AMN/Tierney/Bellerin in, you also have to have commited wings. Willian hasn't shown that he's a commited and good defender, neither is Pepe, it's actually Reiss, Bukayo, Eddie and Aubamazette that do defending.

Secondly, we 've trotted out Rob Holding, David Luiz and Tierney as our CBs against the fastest front 3 in the PL. They kill with tempo and we got done. Saliba and especially Gabriel can deal with the pace much better.

Thirdly, we were offensively anemic apart from a few flashes and then Ceballos gave us a bit of life because he's a baller. Why is that? Because we are consciously getting overran in games. It's planned soaking up of pressure. However we won't be able to do that, we don't have Simeone's squad, we aren't playing with a destroyer, we aren't sitting in a total low block, as you can penetrate the half-space which we are not consistently defending. At some point, if we are not going to get A&P, we 'll have to provide more offensively as soaking up pressure against lesser sides could lead us to a new rendition of Emeryball. And we 'll be bemoaning the exit of Martinez if we don't get any players of the required quality to lift this team and allow it to finally play a more pleasing and offensive style.

Nevertheless, if we were to pick an ideal team to actually face off against Liverpool, with hindsight it would probably be:

Nelson-Nketiah-Saka
AMN-Ceballer-Willock
Tierney-Gabriel-Holding-Bellerin
Leno

Subs: Auba, Laca, Pepe on.

Just to press off the doped up dippers of the park.
One other thing I 'm pretty sure Mikel has also failed to mention, when we're getting mugged by Mane and the refs in terms of fouls and such, one has to retaliate smartly and make their presence known.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Poor approach in the 1st half, simply too conservative. Liverpool were incredible though, their pressing is absolutely devastating. Our players couldn't catch a break.

He should've tried to bypass with some long balls, however problem is all our forwards are weak as f*ck, and are unable to keep the ball for more than a second on their own.

Gooner_girl14

Not a fan of his negative approach going into this one. A win was always unlikely but at least have a go. Our playing out from the back doesn't give me as much anxiety as it did previously, but we looked almost bewildered when we did get the ball and tried to go forward.

Manberg

Predator
What's the difference? Sit for 90 and wait to lose or at least go out and do something about it, even if you lose you at least have to try. People are delusional if they expect us to get the top 4 with this formation and selection.
This is not an issue against Liverpool away, but we are playing the same c*** against every team

It’s got results. It got us two trophies. Why change what’s working well? Just because you want to see higher possession numbers?

REWB

Poor approach in the 1st half, simply too conservative. Liverpool were incredible though, their pressing is absolutely devastating. Our players couldn't catch a break.

He should've tried to bypass with some long balls, however problem is all our forwards are weak as f*ck, and are unable to keep the ball for more than a second on their own.

Agreed, and honestly with regards to Dani Ceballos, im not 100% certain he would have been able to handle Liverpool press in the first 30mins.

If we can get Aouar and Partey however, that changes the game immediately, as we'll be able to beat their press as liverpool would have to deal with 3 clever midfielders including ceballos.

Liverpool think they are unbeatable, they arent. Just wait until Arteta gets the players he wants.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It’s got results. It got us two trophies. Why change what’s working well? Just because you want to see higher possession numbers?
We don't have results, I don't count FA cup or c*** like that. We were lucky for a while with this formation, just like Emery was lucky at one point, but there's absolutely no football there. Again, my opinion is based more on the West Ham game, but this game today was just a confirmation that we've started the season with a completely wrong game plan and a couple of lucky results wont change that

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Agreed, and honestly with regards to Dani Ceballos, im not 100% certain he would have been able to handle Liverpool press in the first 30mins.

I we can get Aouar and Partey however, that changes the game immediately, as we'll be able to beat their press as liverpool would have to deal with 3 clever midfielders including ceballos.

Liverpool think they are unbeatable, they arent. Just wait until Arteta gets the players he wants.

Of course not, people on here are utterly clueless. Ceballos didn't recover for a year after starting at Anfield last season.

Manberg

Predator
We don't have results, I don't count FA cup or c*** like that. We were lucky for a while with this formation, just like Emery was lucky at one point, but there's absolutely no football there. Again, my opinion is based more on the West Ham game, but this game today was just a confirmation that we've started the season with a completely wrong game plan and a couple of lucky results wont change that

You can’t make such an opinion based on a game against a team much better in quality, whom we beat twice with the same tactics. Not counting the biggest domestic cup in the world? We beat big teams to win it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You watch Firminho and just think what it would be like if our forwards would keep the ball like that. Firminho will probably score less than many forwards, but his game is closest to Benzema from what I've seen, amazing hold up play

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You can’t make such an opinion based on a game against a team much better in quality, whom we beat twice with the same tactics. Not counting the biggest domestic cup in the world? We beat big teams to win it.
Mate, are you even able to read? I've said my opinion is based more on a West Ham game and some past experiences with this team. This game means nothing for me, just a test to see how far we've progressed

Manberg

Predator
Mate, are you even able to read? I've said my opinion is based more on a West Ham game and some past experiences with this team, this game means nothing for me, just a test to see how far we've progressed

What past experiences? We beat West Ham and we did well with this formation last season.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Yeah spot on..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom