• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
He's such a confident guy. Near the end of the second half he gave the ball away and Arteta yelled at him. AMN actually gave it back and was like "Why are you yelling at me?!" :lol:

Only player on the team I've actually seen talk back to the coach

really ....love that story. wish i had seen that. amn does not like fuss.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It was really awful performance didn't help Tierney at 1st half offered nothing going forward as much i know people likes him but any offer above 20m we should consider selling

Pyres7

One of the worst performances by AMN that I can remember. He's normally so calm in these games but he was ****ting himself today. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't pass. I'd still keep him but he did himself no favours tonight.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Did okay defensively, but a big zero going forward. Really missed Saka out there. Only glaring mistake Arteta made today, playing Saka in midweek for 90 minutes and then leaving him out

LG10

Still hasn't shaken off his tendencies to be complacent, still wanna see him on the right. Won't surprise me if he's dropped for Sheffield,
Arteta won't be having that performance.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Yet again continues his poor form ever since we turned down the wolves bid.

Needs dropping.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
If he ever plays one minute in central midfield, I swear I will smash my tv in pure disgust. Fine at wing back - develop him there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why he’s getting criticised tbh.

In the final third he was poor but defensively at times he helped in nullifying the threat of Trent Alexander-Arnold. It worked at times and I constantly saw him busting a gut to press TAA/Salah.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
That's the problem with this position for him. It's like a third midfielder and he isn't close to being a good enough midfielder.

Defensively he will do his job, everything fine. But everything with the ball, it isn't the quality you need.

AMN without the ball and with the ball are like two different players.

Pyres7

Did okay defensively, but a big zero going forward. Really missed Saka out there. Only glaring mistake Arteta made today, playing Saka in midweek for 90 minutes and then leaving him out
In theory I think it was the right decision. AMN is a really solid defender in these big games and normally he's composed on the ball. Can't plan for performances like that though. :facepalm:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
In theory I think it was the right decision. AMN is a really solid defender in these big games and normally he's composed on the ball. Can't plan for performances like that though. :facepalm:
Maybe right decision to start yeah but Saka should've got atleast 30-35 minutes. Maitland Niles was really offering nothing in the 2nd half when we needed to go for a goal. Wasn't even keeping hold of the ball.

Impact

Established Member
Some of these comments are ridiculous.

Maitland-Niles played against arguably the best forward in the league and kept him quiet for the most part (again).

Offensively he struggled to make an impact but that had much more to do with our poor build-up and lack of control which left him with little time to get into good positions.

That's without mentioning how good L'pool's press was and how Fabinho drifted to the right far more often to nullify our threat on the left.

Liverpool are elite. We are moving in the right direction but we aren't there yet. It's okay to admit that without having to make knee jerk comments about our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom