• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Decent performance by the lads, I'm sure the usual cry babies will be really turned on tonight because they can be in their feelings again but what do you really expect?

We've been pummelled by these guys at Anfield for a while now. They are the best team in Europe along with Bayern and they just won the league by a massive margin while we are rebuilding.

I said going into the game that I wouldnt mind a loss if we put in a decent performance and at the end of the day we did give one. We were still in the game past the 80th minute mark and that isnt bad going to Anfield. All the people seemingly expecting us to just change overnight know nothing about football, its gonna have to be baby steps catching up to these guys.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta needs to be a bit more adventurous in games like this. We were soaking up pressure and needed pace on the break. A front 3 of Willian Aubameyang Pepe would have been devastating on the counter attack and Liverpool would have consantly been worried (we scared them with this last season).

I don't think hoofing it up to Lacazette works in a game like this. A hold up play striker needs support and at Anfield you wont get much as we are deep in our own half. Lacazette isnt the best in the world at trapping the ball anyway so we just waste a lot of possesion.

It would be wiser to go for lower % passes in behind their high line to our quick wingers and Auba. Apart from that it was a decent showing shape wise.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
These type of games are usually lost by “plucky Arsenal that naively overcommitted” or “soft uncompetitive Arsenal that surrendered without putting up a fight”.

This was something different, more “Arsenal that remained competitive against superior opposition who were on form”

Could easily have nicked the draw. I know many would argue it would have been undeserved. The plan was always probably hold your own, then throw on Ceballos and Pepe in the latter stages.

Strengthening midfield is an obvious priority to everyone.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The difference in quality is there for all to see but Arteta summed it up. That group of players and manager have been together for 4/5 years and you can visibly see that.

Could we have done better on Liverpools goals? Definitely. I understand why he played Luiz over Gabriel as well, especially as the central CB of a 3.

We need the two midfield signings ASAP and to go into a 433.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know why we're getting worked up. Liverpool are clearly levels above us. We need to bring our A game and they need to have a bad day for us to win.

Laca missed a sitter but so did Jota. They had plenty more chances then us and dominated possession.

We need to move on from this game as soon as possible. I just hope we can get aouar and partey asap so we can play a 433 drop xhaka (the weak midfield link...can't receive th ball under pressure). And start building our way up to becoming an attacking team

Right now we've been wining partly because of aubas next level strike rate. However our biggest issue is with a 523 we are creating f'all chances.

You’ve answered your own question. We all know there’s work to do, but the 3-1 scoreline flattered us.

My personal frustration is with the fact that I know Liverpool are very beatable but we insist on benching our best winger and playing our best striker our of position while watching two average ones stumbling along. We had the third fewest shots in the league last season of any team. It’s not just this game.

A side with a bit of composure up top and a midfielder who can play the ball over the top would’ve caused Liverpool big big problems. We just didn’t take advantage.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Slap in the face early on will get a reaction . That's only positive.

We didn't need two strikers, especially not with bottlers like Lacazette it's better to have only one striker that rises to the occasion in a big game. In a game like this playAubamayang Centrally and add some attacking MF behind him like that genius Saka instead of clumsy pepe , we could have won the game.

Lacazette+Pepe is 100M worth of dross we should send straight back to Aulas.

Wholeheartedly agree. Saka’s not only an excellent close control dribbler with vision, he can defend, and execute a final ball.

Heart sank when I saw Eddie come on instead of him when we already had a far better striker on the pitch.

Auba’s also a terrible winger. Can’t dribble, can’t cross. Yet he’s an elite striker. It’s square pegs in round holes.

Are you guys ****ing serious? I've seen a lot of Holding hate in this thread but this guy was our MOTM. He made a lot of good tackles and stayed strong the entire time, as well as winning a lot of aerial duels.

Watch the game with your eyes rather than your agenda.

His distribution was poor but the whole goalkeeper passing out tactic was a shambles. His defending was excellent though.

Wholeheartedly agree. Saka’s not only an excellent close control dribbler with vision, he can defend, and execute a final ball.

Heart sank when I saw Eddie come on instead of him when we already had a far better striker on the pitch.

Auba’s also a terrible winger. Can’t dribble, can’t cross. Yet he’s an elite striker. It’s square pegs in round holes.

Auba should be up front with Saka on left wing. Pepe shouldn’t even be in the squad.

You’ve answered your own question. We all know there’s work to do, but the 3-1 scoreline flattered us.

My personal frustration is with the fact that I know Liverpool are very beatable but we insist on benching our best winger and playing our best striker our of position while watching two average ones stumbling along. We had the third fewest shots in the league last season of any team. It’s not just this game.

A side with a bit of composure up top and a midfielder who can play the ball over the top would’ve caused Liverpool big big problems. We just didn’t take advantage.

We need to start picking our best players and playing them in their best positions. Saka left wing, Auba centre forward, Tierney left wing back, AMN right wing back, Ceballos centre mid, Gabriel and Saliba alongside Holding. Drop Luiz, Xhaka, Lacazette and Bellerin. Leave Pepe out of the squad completely.

Breezy

Reading Xhaka was berating the players during the celebrations for playing “scared” and giving the Pool players too much space. Thought that kind of mentality and approach was a thing of the past under Mikel. Very disappointing.

How you gonna go to an empty Anfield and sh!t yourselves ffs??!! Go and get stuck in and compete. They’re a top side, but we made them look unbelievable at times with the amount of space and time we gave their key players. Infuriating stuff.

Tomb Bombadil

Decent performance by the lads, I'm sure the usual cry babies will be really turned on tonight because they can be in their feelings again but what do you really expect?
I think this was a good performance. I guess to beat Liverpool we need to play at our best and Liverpool less good. In the first half we looked a bit scared but this was mostly due to Liverpools press.

I think all the players worked really hard, that's a good sign and nobody had a bad performance.

I wasn't really pleased with Luiz could have done better with the 1st and maybe the 3rd goal and playing out from the back was not really good. Would have prefered Gabriel for Luiz or Holding. Maybe Arteta wanted to protect him?

Holding was top defensivly, very good performance. His distribution is still not good enough. Also not easy against Liverpool.

AMN a bit the same. Good in defense, poor going forward and too many misplaced passes.

Same can be said from most players. Some good patches but still too many mistakes. Nobody really stood out. In the end Liverpool is just too good for us.

Preacher

Always Crying
dpnlonhis0q51.png

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It was a red card

I thought it was a yellow and a half at first but then someone pointed out if you watch it again and look at Mane's hand, it makes a fist just before impact with Tierney.

As ridiculous as it is, the "too early in the game" factor was also probably at play here.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I thought it was a yellow and a half at first but then someone pointed out if you watch it again and look at Mane's hand, it makes a fist just before impact with Tierney.

AS ridiculous as it is, the "too early in the game" factor was also probably at play here.
I think we all know if it was the other way around nothing would have stopped them to give a red to Arsenal. And that’s the harsh truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom