• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
VVD has a better range of passing than all of our current midfielders.

Lovely stuff.

Xhaka can make those passes if he has that space. 15 out of 20 successful long balls against West Ham. Liverpool’s press don’t give him an inch though.

PressResistance

Disgusting refereeing yesterday, has to be said.

Mane should have comfortably gotten a red, Tierney's not getting elbowed he's getting mugged with a hand/fist to the face, even if it's unintentional, it's a yellow at least but he absolutely knew what he was doing, same as he sweeped Bellerin's legs from behind and had another foul all in the first 15 minutes.

The pinnacle of refereeing however was seeing the 2nd half, us scraping to get something going and having exact same fouls for different sides. Arsenal's all resulting in bookings, not even a talking to to Liverpool players. Absolutely jobbed on that front even though our performance hasn't warranted a result.

a123

From an outsider point a view I do feel you a missing a trick with wasted talent for whatever reason , other than footballing ability.

For example the midfield yesterday bellerin, elneny xhaka, maitland niles...

Now imagine in terms of footballing ability a strike force of Özil, Ceballos, Guendouzi, Torreira, Aubameyang, Lacazette, with Willian, Pepe, Xhaka on the bench.

That to me is a formidable lineup and a very dangerous prospect, but what I consider your best midfielders, Özil, Ceballos, Guendouzi Torreira, have become after thoughts. The tools at your disposal are not being fully utilized to their potential.

I fear my lineup much more, and I bet other teams would too.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I respect your choice. Just know that nobody else would

I don't "know" that because it isn't true bro.

EDIT: is there really anyone here who thinks Salah isn't on the same level as Mane? Because I think they're both world class. The reason I prefer Salah is that I find him more consistent, more of a heartbeat player and you feel that he is slightly more reliable in those clutch moments. At no point am I saying Mane isn't a top player or anything like that.

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

From an outsider point a view I do feel you a missing a trick with wasted talent for whatever reason , other than footballing ability.

Now imagine in terms of footballing ability a strike force of Özil, Ceballos, Guendouzi, Torreira, Aubameyang, Lacazette, with Willian, Pepe, Xhaka on the bench.

That to me is a formidable lineup and a very dangerous prospect, but what I consider your best midfielders, Özil, Ceballos, Guendouzi Torreira, have become after thoughts. The tools at your disposal are not being fully utilized to their potential.

Other than Ceballos it seems that they either don't have the effort or the attitude to succeed and Arteta only wants winners in the team.

I feel your main point on the talent side, but especially Özil its not the talent that is the problem. He's just too lazy and I think Arteta prefers a 7/10 from Elneny over a 5/10 from Özil with the odd piece of magic.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Disgusting refereeing yesterday, has to be said.

Mane should have comfortably gotten a red, Tierney's not getting elbowed he's getting mugged with a hand/fist to the face, even if it's unintentional, it's a yellow at least but he absolutely knew what he was doing, same as he sweeped Bellerin's legs from behind and had another foul all in the first 15 minutes.

The pinnacle of refereeing however was seeing the 2nd half, us scraping to get something going and having exact same fouls for different sides. Arsenal's all resulting in bookings, not even a talking to to Liverpool players. Absolutely jobbed on that front even though our performance hasn't warranted a result.

Agree tbh, we do seem to get rekt on decisions more often than not, it makes the unlikely prospect of getting a result an anfield an impossible one.

Obviously Liverpool are better but you feel with Mane off so early we probably go on to win the game.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Yeah amazing passing, but he had so much time to pick out his passes, there wasn't really any pressure in that clip from us.

Play Nelson, Saka, Nketiah instead. Seriously, did our front three of 30'ish age players do anything, one single thing, of note yesterday?

When Nelson harassed VVD, he did make him look like the slow thinking oaf he his.

Play guys who are not journeymen, but young fearless footballers who can atleast run and compete for the ball, and not give up and wimp out even before the game starts.

Never should play more than one out of Auba, Laca, Willian in a serious game.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The ref was so poor it was ridiculous.

Having said that I think Arteta got it all wrong by not starting Dani Ceballos. He made such a difference when he came on.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Do not get why saka did not come on ,I was wanting him to. He would of done damage to pool in the 2and half. His pace and energy and talent. He would of not showed fear. Should of been replacing Niles.

EDIT: is there really anyone here who thinks Salah isn't on the same level as Mane? Because I think they're both world class. The reason I prefer Salah is that I find him more consistent, more of a heartbeat player and you feel that he is slightly more reliable in those clutch moments. At no point am I saying Mane isn't a top player or anything like that.
The difference between the two is Mane is the kind of player that takes games at the scruff of the nake. He wins matches just by himself. I doubt Liverpool win yesterday if he didn't play.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

The difference between the two is Mane is the kind of player that takes games at the scruff of the nake. He wins matches just by himself. I doubt Liverpool win yesterday if he didn't play.

Salah is as much of a match winner as Mane, and quite obviously so as well.

Of course Mane playing is better than him not playing for Liverpool, but this isn't the point of the discussion is it :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Agreed. That midfield is technically very poor. Problem is the other guys you mentioned are all a bit lightweight. We don’t really have anyone who combines physical and technical quality there.

I bang on about Willock getting more chances because I think he’s got many tools we lack. A strong athlete who’s can turn on the ball and find a pass. Coached right, he could be something.

Salah is as much of a match winner as Mane, and quite obviously so as well.

Of course Mane playing is better than him not playing for Liverpool, but this isn't the point of the discussion is it :lol:
It's not. My point is they would miss him more than they could miss Salah.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Well I disagree on that then. No matter, they're both moving to Arsenal in the coming week anyway :cool:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
My Utd supporting friend was impressed by the ease with which we got at Liverpool's defence when we tried. I hope other teams will have a crack too. Imagine if we'd signed our targets. A day later, I'm more hopeful today for sure.

Mohamed7

We all know Liverpool is a quality team and in-form, but I cannot understand the first half's performance. There is no way they are that good, because even under Unai Emery we created more chances in the first half at Anfield last year than we did with Arteta the whole of yesterday.

We lacked any belief in that first half and cohesion in the attack, other than the goal itself. Because we started with two wrong players and mentality in my opinion. Laca should not have started. Either Saka or Pepe should have along with Ceballos in midfield. We created better chances the moment the Spaniard came on. You cannot defend that deep with a midfield that cannot get out of press and a slow center forward.

I understand the point of Xhaka and support his view. No matter how good your opponent is, you must belief in yourself to knick the game. It is a football match. However, that was non-existing at least in the first half.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For me it's who I fear most when both are on the pitch, and that's Mane. He's an elusive ****er and way more physical than Salah.

Salah can drift in and out of games and thrive on moments but Mane is a constant threat for 90 minutes.

Ability wise it's 50/50. Liverpool are lucky ****s to have both.

Moah

I would take Mane over Salah everyday of the week, tbh. Regarding consistency Mane is a level above Salah for me. Salah may score here and there and cover his poor games, but Mane has overall better games than him.

Mohamed7

For me it's who I fear most when both are on the pitch, and that's Mane. He's an elusive ****er and way more physical than Salah.

Salah can drift in and out of games and thrive on moments but Mane is a constant threat for 90 minutes.

Ability wise it's 50/50. Liverpool are lucky ****s to have both.
I do not know why there is a debate about Mane vs. Salah
It is Mane everyday of the week. He is not just a goalscorer, a creator, but also constant nuisance to the opposition with relentless press and defensive cover for the fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom