• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do not know why there is a debate about Mane vs. Salah
It is Mane everyday of the week. He is not just a goalscorer, a creator, but also constant nuisance to the opposition with relentless press and defensive cover for the fullback.

Salah in 2017/18 was a different beast. He was pushing 40 goals that year.

Mané now though basically doesn’t have a weakness. He’s as good off the ball as he is on it.

The fact that they got both for less than the price of Sterling was incredible business.

akhil

These are the types of passes some fans claim Xhaka does consistently

He had an age to hit those passes. Both Luiz and Xhaka can hit them too if they had that much time. We didn't press their CBs at all. When we beat them a couple of months ago, we forced errors from the same Van Djik by just pressing. It was just weird watching him have that much time to ping them wherever Firmino was nearby to create overloads in the wide areas.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Finally got home and watched the recording.
  • Martinez at his best may well have stopped the first two goals
  • Totally agree with Carragher, Arteta is taking these players about as far as they can go
  • We desperately need at least one upgrade midfielder, if not two
  • Agreed with Keane also, if you keep playing Luiz, you'll keep getting mistakes, terrible clearance for the last goal
  • AMN and Tierney were run ragged by Salah, AMN was a poor wingback and his touch let him down.

OSBK

Established Member
Reflecting on the game, in the first half amn and willian really cost us with poor performances. We can pick the bones out of the goals conceeded but if amn performed the same in the first half as he did in the 2nd half then we dont conceed.

I am a xhaka abuser, some justified and some not. He didnt deserve to come off.

DC intro showed everything we need in midfield, the couple of times he danced through the liverpool midfield and those passes were top drawer. Also the pepe inroduction was far too late.

Its a learning curve not just for the player but mikel aswell.

OSBK

Established Member
He had an age to hit those passes. Both Luiz and Xhaka can hit them too if they had that much time. We didn't press their CBs at all. When we beat them a couple of months ago, we forced errors from the same Van Djik by just pressing. It was just weird watching him have that much time to ping them wherever Firmino was nearby to create overloads in the wide areas.

They must have missed the ball in the first half from luiz to amn that put him through.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don't "know" that because it isn't true bro.

EDIT: is there really anyone here who thinks Salah isn't on the same level as Mane? Because I think they're both world class. The reason I prefer Salah is that I find him more consistent, more of a heartbeat player and you feel that he is slightly more reliable in those clutch moments. At no point am I saying Mane isn't a top player or anything like that.
right now..over the past 12 months, Mane is the best footballer in the world. He has been carrying Liverpool

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
From an outsider point a view I do feel you a missing a trick with wasted talent for whatever reason , other than footballing ability.

For example the midfield yesterday bellerin, elneny xhaka, maitland niles...

Now imagine in terms of footballing ability a strike force of Özil, Ceballos, Guendouzi, Torreira, Aubameyang, Lacazette, with Willian, Pepe, Xhaka on the bench.

That to me is a formidable lineup and a very dangerous prospect, but what I consider your best midfielders, Özil, Ceballos, Guendouzi Torreira, have become after thoughts. The tools at your disposal are not being fully utilized to their potential.

I fear my lineup much more, and I bet other teams would too.

Most of those players you named aren't that good anyway. Guendouzi and Torreira are useless and we don't miss them in the starting 11 at all, Özil is finished, Ceballos is alright I guess. Lacazette is rubbish, Auba can be anonymous at times and the less said about Pepe the better.

Don't be fooled by how things look on paper.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Right now (over the last 12 months) the best player in the world is Robert Lewandowski, and Mane is NOT "carrying" Liverpool. Holy moly :lol:
well man.. thats just like your opinion. Lewa is a fair shout but Mane just does more all round. ultimately Mane bailed liverpool out countless times, just like yeaterday. So I stand by my opinion.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
To say Mane is carrying Liverpool is to say that they are only succeeding because of him which is utter horseshit. They have quality right throughout the first team! The only area in which Liverpool are weak is midfield and even then they work their bollocks off to supplement the world class defence and attack.

Lewandowski got 55 goals in 47 games last season! That's almost 1.2 goals PER GAME!!! Those stats are absolutely mind blowing FFS.

Iceman10

Established Member
Only heard the match via. radio on match day, haven’t seen a recording yet, but starting out the season with six points out of nine with the three dropped points being against the defending champions at their ground is nothing to get downbeat about yet. To make top 4 we are going to need Laca being more clinical in these types of matches, but his work rate is important, and was good. Will hold back comments on things like the GK, CB’s, Bellerin, etc. until I watch a recording.

Disgusting refereeing yesterday, has to be said.

Mane should have comfortably gotten a red, Tierney's not getting elbowed he's getting mugged with a hand/fist to the face, even if it's unintentional, it's a yellow at least but he absolutely knew what he was doing, same as he sweeped Bellerin's legs from behind and had another foul all in the first 15 minutes.

The pinnacle of refereeing however was seeing the 2nd half, us scraping to get something going and having exact same fouls for different sides. Arsenal's all resulting in bookings, not even a talking to to Liverpool players. Absolutely jobbed on that front even though our performance hasn't warranted a result.

I was rooting for you lot the whole game and it was quite a different performance from the Arsenal in past few years, you were in the game for 80 mins and could have nicked a point. I still think your squad is largely unbalanced in many areas and Arteta needs to be given time.

Agree with the first part about Mane red, but that Fabinho foul on Auba and other side on Mane are not same. Auba was given the shoulder while Mane's shirt was pulled. I don't get why many of your fans hate on Laca, feel he's more of a big game player and contributes more to overall play than Auba. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom