• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are only options discussed in this thread championship or PL?

Loaning him abroad is what I'd be looking at. Especially to see if a higher level Bundesliga/Serie A side or mid table Spanish side is interested, where he won't be in defensive phase all the time.
He’s played little or no English football though. Think he needs to get to grips with the game here, so we can decide his level and potential.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A team like Brighton Westbrom who play both possession and counter attacking would fit Nelson. Also Bilic and Potter are good manager

Potter certainly. I feel he’d also improve his off the ball game hugely under Bielsa but given his treatment of Eddie and the fact they have Harrison & Costa it would be a risk.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Brighton would be an ideal move if he does go out on loan.

I think Graham Potter is a really decent manager. He's got Brighton playing some good, progressive football too. Reiss could really thrive there for a season.

He's too black for Burnley, so I think we can discount that move out of hand :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Needs a loan where he plays to really flourish and fulfil his potential

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So how does it work? He is in Arteta's plans for this season, and all these clubs are just lining up for him without them being noticed he might be available?

Doesn't make much sense, seems more probable clubs have been noticed about it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

With Brighton they play a similar formation to us so he’d probably slot in their front three of Maupay, Trossard and Connolly.

Maupay and Trossard are in very good form and a level above Reiss right now so he’d be competing with Connolly for a spot who has his moments tbf.

Tier 1: Martinelli and Saka > Future legends
Tier 2: Reiss and Eddie > should fetch a decent price similar to Iwobi
Tier3: AMN and Willock > waste of squad space

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Surprised Fulham aren't in the conversation. He'd get the most game time there. Could arguably get into Brighton's attack if given the opportunity, and Southampton/Palace both have OK attackers so they'd have to move people around a little to fit him in or he wouldn't play.

Burnley - He wouldn't fit there stylistically.

I think he's gonna stay now. Not sure he gets unimpeded game time and that's really what he needs at the moment. Unless any of those teams want to take him and play him consistently, I'd be wary. I'd love him at Brighton though, provided he gets enough game time.

drippin

Surprised Fulham aren't in the conversation. He'd get the most game time there. Could arguably get into Brighton's attack if given the opportunity, and Southampton/Palace both have OK attackers so they'd have to move people around a little to fit him in or he wouldn't play.

Burnley - He wouldn't fit there stylistically.

I think he's gonna stay now. Not sure he gets unimpeded game time and that's really what he needs at the moment. Unless any of those teams want to take him and play him consistently, I'd be wary. I'd love him at Brighton though, provided he gets enough game time.

But why does he stay? Even Pepe & Saka don't get very much game time now.

Would easily mean a wasted year for him and for his contract. Well maybe in January then. A tough year in fixtures might be a reason of course.

Martinelli back next year so maybe a backup until then.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
But why does he stay? Even Pepe & Saka don't get very much game time now.

Would easily mean a wasted year for him and for his contract. Well maybe in January then. A tough year in fixtures might be a reason of course.
I agree but everything points to Arteta wanting to keep as many players as possible for some reason, I think he wants the option to rotate. I think it's best for Reiss to go on loan personally, and while I'd prefer the PL as a loan, the bigger priority is that he needs constant game time and I'd consider the Championship or a return to the Bundesliga if that's a concrete possibility. We should only be entertaining teams that are going to play him often, otherwise he might as well stay. I think Brighton is the most shrewd option in terms of stature, coach, style of play and possible game time. It's not perfect (as @Rex Banter pointed out, the likes of Trossard and Connolly are decent attackers) but I back Nelson to take opportunities because I think he would offer them decent end product with consistent football.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I agree but everything points to Arteta wanting to keep as many players as possible for some reason, I think he wants the option to rotate. I think it's best for Reiss to go on loan personally, and while I'd prefer the PL as a loan, the bigger priority is that he needs constant game time and I'd consider the Championship or a return to the Bundesliga if that's a concrete possibility. We should only be entertaining teams that are going to play him often, otherwise he might as well stay. I think Brighton is the most shrewd option in terms of stature, coach, style of play and possible game time. It's not perfect (as @Rex Banter pointed out, the likes of Trossard and Connolly are decent attackers) but I back Nelson to take opportunities because I think he would offer them decent end product with consistent football.

Fwiw he’s probably better than Connolly but he puts in a mad level of effort for that side. Against Utd the kid was running non-stop so you’d wonder if Potter would want Nelson to do that if he gives him the start.

Trossard looks a right player though, absolutely shredded Utd and should have had a hat trick. Is at the heart of everything they do. Really do great business as a club.

I still think Saints would be a good fit, they’re trying to boot Boufal out and Hassenhuttl doesn’t seem to like Redmond for whatever reason.

Feel he’d be starting as an attacking midfielder with Stuart Armstrong.

drippin

I edited my post as I thought about it more.

But yeah, I think a tough year and Martinelli coming back next year might keep Nelson here until January, even if not enough games for him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fwiw he’s probably better than Connolly but he puts in a mad level of effort for that side. Against Utd the kid was running non-stop so you’d wonder if Potter would want Nelson to do that if he gives him the start.

Trossard looks a right player though, absolutely shredded Utd and should have had a hat trick. Is at the heart of everything they do. Really do great business as a club.

I still think Saints would be a good fit, they’re trying to boot Boufal out and Hassenhuttl doesn’t seem to like Redmond for whatever reason.

Feel he’d be starting as an attacking midfielder with Stuart Armstrong.
I'd like that - I would hope that Nelson gets minutes at Southampton. Really like Hassenhuttl and I think Nelson would be a great supporting attacker for Ings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom