• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,684
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Clutching at straws there mate. They are under zero pressure to sell. If they could end the window tomorrow and use their top players to qualify for the CL next season...they would. Dembele , Depay , Aouar and Jeff will all keep their value no doubt. Even if they dont, Lyon would take CL qualification above the cash they would lose on their value.

I have to laugh at this. Aged like already rotten yogurt.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
In this case though it does seem that we’ve got the price down and Lyon yesterday brought in their replacement for Aouar.
Yes but I mean in even selling our players. And actually I don't know if 5-10M is worth he didn't do a preseason us.

We should sell quicker all the deadwood even for s lower price. We are spending more in their wages.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I didn't say he was bad in Germany? I know he was great over there.

I'm saying at the time Chelsea let him go we all knew he was talented but nobody was screaming that it was a massive mistake.

No, I know, just saying that to offer reasons why he's not someone I would say it clicked for late, he was a massive talent, who's talent was recognised early, who made good on his talent at the first real chance he was given (Wolfsburg). Clicking late I'd talk more about people like Koulibaly, though it's funny, it's hard to think of too many people who turned out to be big talents who were not already so at 20-22...before there were cases like Ribery and what not but I suppose with the advances in technology and globalisation it's natural that there's just not many big talents that aren't already scouted and getting a move to a biggish club by 20 or early 20s.

Anyways, lesson is probably that it does matter what players are doing in their early 20s, and if they're not beginning to produce or show advancements in certain areas of their game at certain ages it's best to be conservative about their projection and realise the chances of them all of a sudden having a revelation in their development are low. A relevant lesson for people like AMN and Pepe, IMO...even Zaha if you think about it, he's a player that clearly had some untapped potential at United but given how under-developed certain areas of his game were at that age (similarly raw in the same areas Pepe is now at a similar age) you can see why United let him go.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You hope an agreement could be found tomorrow we all know Aulas is desperately trying to get the abslout maximum from us

@Gaminks OL how are you feeling about this Aouar transfer bro? Give us the inside scoop on how Lyon fans are feeling right now

Personnally I think that Aouar is a great player and will still improve. He reminds me Iniesta. It would be a big blow to lose him but the club has an understanding with him that he will leave if the price is right for the club so he is gone if Arsenal pays the price. I don't think that JMA will lower the price because he doesn't really need to and he would be judged very harshly by the fans and it would weaken his hands in future deals across Europe if other french clubs are better sellers than him (Lille, Monaco, and now Saint Etienne).

For Lyon fans in general, the mood is heavy and rather dark. The start of the season has been nothing short of disastrous, the team struggles to score a single goal, the coach is strongly disliked, has no idea and won't be renewed at the end of the season if he isn't fired before, and regardless of Aouar, the squad lack quality and quantity. The depth has been sold and not replaced, no quality player has been recruited and it looks likely that we could have games with five 20 years old or younger starting a match.

Nobody believe that we are challenging for top 3.

If you lack the cash, as it seems that unfortunately for both of us, Arsenal looks like the only english club who seem to lack cash, you could send back Lacazette to usas we can't score a goal currently. We would welcome him with a bottle of champagne.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Personnally I think that Aouar is a great player and will still improve. He reminds me Iniesta. It would be a big blow to lose him but the club has an understanding with him that he will leave if the price is right for the club so he is gone if Arsenal pays the price. I don't think that JMA will lower the price because he doesn't really need to and he would be judged very harshly by the fans and it would weaken his hands in future deals across Europe if other french clubs are better sellers than him (Lille, Monaco, and now Saint Etienne).

For Lyon fans in general, the mood is heavy and rather dark. The start of the season has been nothing short of disastrous, the team struggles to score a single goal, the coach is strongly disliked, has no idea and won't be renewed at the end of the season if he isn't fired before, and regardless of Aouar, the squad lack quality and quantity. The depth has been sold and not replaced, no quality player has been recruited and it looks likely that we could have games with five 20 years old or younger starting a match.

Nobody believe that we are challenging for top 3.
Sounds rather bleak, we feel for you. I think PL fans often fail to realise the almost colonialist effect we have on other leagues - especially Ligue 1 clubs.
It's incredible to think about all the talent Lyon has produced in the last decade. If you'd managed to hold on to a 1/3 of those players you'd be one of the best teams in the world.

Keep your head up Gaminks!

Jamaica

I think we've already reached a point that is financially okay, but are trying to get the lowest price possible. Obviously they want to make another move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom