• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,627
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
After watching today game i pray we come for agreement tomorrow the runs that Nektiah pepe were making from deep but our midfield just sideways it

Aouar is absolutely perfect for our needs, it's also really hard to imagine any other player that would replace this exciting signing.

As much as we all think it should be Aouar and Partey, I'd take Aouar only now, just to have this done. We are taking big risks.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is absolutely perfect for our needs, it's also really hard to imagine any other player that would replace this exciting signing.

As much as we all think it should be Aouar and Partey, I'd take Aouar only now, just to have this done. We are taking big risks.
Him and Partey is a must we going abslout nowhere with current player Ceballos and Xhaka and basically deep central midfielders they add so little going forward

Mickey Rooney

Ya really gotta wonder why we aren’t submitting an offer of 40-42M + 3-5M in add-ons or so. Not my money but my viewing pleasure, DO IT ARSENAL!

Mickey Rooney

Him and Partey is a must we going abslout nowhere with current player Ceballos and Xhaka and basically deep central midfielders they add so little going forward

I’m really not thinking Arsenal ever had the cash to pay the Partey RC upfront. They wouldn’t be leaving it this late if they had. I think they tried to talk to Athleti about doing a deal (including with Torreira) and without a deal they would just move Torreira to make room for Aouar. Really doubt paying the whole RC up front was ever in the cards.

I understand the reasoning -Covid provides the rare opportunity to dramatically upgrade the team but that is only because teams are suffering the same pressures that Arsenal are also feeling. Could be quite some time still until the stadiums are full.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I’m really not thinking Arsenal ever had the cash to pay the Partey RC upfront. They wouldn’t be leaving it this late if they had. I think they tried to talk to Athleti about doing a deal (including with Toreira) and without a deal they would just move Toreira to make room for Aouar. Really doubt paying the whole RC up front was ever in the cards.

I understand the reasoning -Covid provides the rare opportunity to dramatically upgrade the team but that is only because teams are suffering the same pressures that Arsenal are also feeling. Could be quite some time still until the stadiums are full.
Maybe the Partey deal is complicated like many said but Aouar alone won't solve most of our problems

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don’t disagree. Just doesn’t look like the team had/wanted to spend the upfront cash the Partey RC demanded. I mean, I’m happy to be wrong.
Even if failed to get Partey I'm sure there will backup options our midfield currently short on numbers and quality Torreira gone Guendouzi very likely too and we only left with 4 meaning 1 injury away for Xhaka or Ceballos and we in mess

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
People have requested a threads exclusively for updates for years...

I think they'd be very useful so we could read them without dredging through dross...

That kind of thread would keep the trolls away but the mods refuse to stop the troll army for some reason.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No, I know, just saying that to offer reasons why he's not someone I would say it clicked for late, he was a massive talent, who's talent was recognised early, who made good on his talent at the first real chance he was given (Wolfsburg). Clicking late I'd talk more about people like Koulibaly, though it's funny, it's hard to think of too many people who turned out to be big talents who were not already so at 20-22...before there were cases like Ribery and what not but I suppose with the advances in technology and globalisation it's natural that there's just not many big talents that aren't already scouted and getting a move to a biggish club by 20 or early 20s.

Anyways, lesson is probably that it does matter what players are doing in their early 20s, and if they're not beginning to produce or show advancements in certain areas of their game at certain ages it's best to be conservative about their projection and realise the chances of them all of a sudden having a revelation in their development are low. A relevant lesson for people like AMN and Pepe, IMO...even Zaha if you think about it, he's a player that clearly had some untapped potential at United but given how under-developed certain areas of his game were at that age (similarly raw in the same areas Pepe is now at a similar age) you can see why United let him go.
Top post as always. You’re one of the hidden gems on this forum mate.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Having watched Doucoure in the PL for a few years and seeing him at Everton i cant understand why we never made a move for him this summer. Hes not world class level but hes can tackle, carry the ball, break up play and is mobile. Hes strong and athletic and everything we need. 27, PL proven and went for 20m. Which is nothing.

Him alongside Xhaka and then an Aouar type attacking would be better than what we have now.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Don't like the sounds coming out from PSG. This is why you don't leave your most important signings so late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom