• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup: Liverpool vs Arsenal | Thursday 1st October 19:45 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I mean either way we had, what was it, like 2 shots on target against a defence with two kids in it. That's not great by anyone's standards, it was a bad game simple as that.
Doesn't matter who they play in defence. You have to beat the press. Our midfield two can't do that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Missed the game due to work and the highlights I have been able to get hold of so far don't show much besides that Leno had some really good saves and won us the pen shootout. We are turning into a proper 80s German national team. Play just good enough to stay in the game and win on pens. Ich liebe es! :drool:

All jokes aside. Coming away with a 0-0 after 90 min. away to Liverpool isn't bad. We are becoming quite sturdy under Arteta and I like it. Our squad needs strengthening but I am not going to diss a single player after this. Well done to the lads and to Michel. Bring on the next team :popcorn:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't matter who they play in defence. You have to beat the press. Our midfield two can't do that.

What press? Their team was average, it wasn't doing anything special, particularly in the first half. The right side of their defence was there for the taking and we didn't take it. Pepe, a senior pro, had a free run at a kid and didn't leave a scratch on him. Then we just retreated into a shell.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean either way we had, what was it, like 2 shots on target against a defence with two kids in it. That's not great by anyone's standards, it was a bad game simple as that.
It wasn’t the greatest game, but look at it this way. We’re lacking a real creator in this team. Auba sometimes creates stuff too, and he was rested, fortunately so was Sadio Mane. It was a pragmatic game plan against one of the best teams in Europe, if not the world. Arteta’s strategy seems to be, stop leaking goals and then figure out the attack. Work in progress, and the progress is visible in that area.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
What press? Their team was average, it wasn't doing anything special, particularly in the first half. The right side of their defence was there for the taking and we didn't take it. Pepe, a senior pro, had a free run at a kid and didn't leave a scratch on him. Then we just retreated into a shell.
You didn't watch the game properly if you "What press?"
It wasn't just their right side of defence. Their whole back line could've been got at because they were so high up, but our midfielders didn't have the balls to play the pass. So Pepe Saka Nketiah were reduced to chasing long punted balls into the channels all game long.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It wasn’t the greatest game, but look at it this way. We’re lacking a real creator in this team. Auba sometimes creates stuff too, and he was rested, fortunately so was Sadio Mane. It was a pragmatic game plan against one of the best teams in Europe, if not the world. Arteta’s strategy seems to be, stop leaking goals and then figure out the attack. Work in progress, and the progress is visible in that area.

Meh maybe i'm being harsh, but that wasn't THE Liverpool, on Monday sure I totally understand, but tonight was a fallible Liverpool and we still didn't really do anything. And I know there's no amazing creator, but i'm sure lots of other teams don't have creators but find ways to get shots at the goal.

Anyway the game on Sunday will be a good test. At home against Sheffield Utd, hopefully it'll be less pragmatic and more entertaining.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Our players seem to have a real mental block at Liverpool's ground, think the graphic in the match said we have conceded almost 10 more goals than any other team since 2016 there.

Most of our squad have experienced multiple heavy beatings here and it shows...when that whistle starts the game at Anfield, our players look like war veterans suffering PTSD flashbacks ffs!

Even a gritty win like this could do wonders for our confidence in the future.

one more reason to play the kids and not the tired old combo of willian-auba-laca.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Does XG take into account chances like when Eddie and Saka were one on one with Adrian, but poor touches cost them a chance to get shots away?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Does XG take into account chances like when Eddie and Saka were one on one with Adrian, but poor touches cost them a chance to get shots away?

No i don't think so it only count if it's converted to shot or thier shot got blocked

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
what a lovely night ...nicely topped off by AMN and Willock giving all arsenal fans heart attacks.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Liverpool signed Joe Gomez when he was the best young thing in English football at 17-18, he’s 23 now and still not a top CB, on his way there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom