• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would be good to watch him over here... Throw the kid to the wolves & hope he survives.

We know Fulham are desperate. Palace may want to move Kouyate back into midfield. Not sure if Leeds or Newcastle ever got a CB in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To be honest if his Mum died in May it may actually be better being away out of France with so many different things going on, learning new language, new team, new city to keep his mind occupied.

Footballers have a lot of time. We dont want him going back to France training, having ample time to sit about the house lamenting and feeling depressed.

A new experience could be the remedy. I am speaking from experience and think he will be better staying in England for both footballing reasons and personal reasons.

We cannot afford to spend 30m on a player who's not going to be 100% ready when hes called. As I said he had a year to learn enough english to do a short interview and he didnt. Did he not have lessons? Players have tons of free time. An hour a day with a good teacher would have seen him able to make decent small talk conversations, communicating on the pitch and interviews with easy enough questions.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saliba at Celtic won't even improve the league is poor ligue 1 is miles ahead and competitive

Denayer and VVD both developed well too. In terms of the physicality of both the SPL and the PL, they’re very similar plus he’ll have the opportunity to learn English.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So Raul spent £100m on Pepe and Saliba, neither of who are significant contributors in a near future and because of that, Arteta won't be able to improve the squad.

Initial outlay was £25M for the pair. Both will be huge parts of this club for the future, relax.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Denayer and VVD both developed well too. In terms of the physicality of both the SPL and the PL, they’re very similar plus he’ll have the opportunity to learn English.
VVD started his career there totally different. I understand your point but at the end of the day it's player choice

Goonger

True but it depends on if the move is being considered for personal reasons or footballing ones.

If it’s footballing reasons then Celtic would be perfect for him as long as he’s starting. Their development of players and eye for talent is slightly underrated, the likes of Edouard and Dembele have boosted their profile up there. A move to Rangers even helped Arteta earlier in his career.

No danger Celtic, I don't want to be hating on the lad in any way!

In all seriousness, if the staff are worrying about his conditioning picking up injuries, I'm not sure the 3 plastic pitches in the SPL top flight will help.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You don't send a promising player who needs to get used to the pace, physicality and pressure of the PL to a team that will walk the league for the 10th year in a row.

Why did we spend €30m+ ánd grant him an extra year of development at his home team if we're going to loan him out again because our plumbers can't be sold. Just put the plumbers on loan or in the reserves and play the highly rated talent.

This makes absolutely zero sense from a footballing perspective.

It’s a confidence booster plus he’ll have the opportunity to learn English. Nothing beats winning trophies at a young age and he’ll experience the physicality of the SPL, it’s not like other players haven’t gone there and succeeded. The likes of Dembele and Edouard are prime examples.

As long as we can get a guarantee that he’ll be starting then we have nothing to lose from that plus I’ll get to watch him too :drool:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
We were expect to wake up to good Aouar news instead we get Saliba leaving on loan :lol::lol::lol: shambles of a transfer window

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Please no. I'm too close to meltdown.
If he really is struggling to adapt it might be the best option, but the stuff about not offloading CB's doesn't make sense. Sokratis and Mustafi could still leave, and Arteta kept Holding when he was close to joining Newcastle.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Forgive me if I overreact but I didn't expect at all to sign an unproven CB for 27m only to loan him out for 2 years.. I actually agree with Tim Peyton for once on this..
Doubt it was the plan but the kid had two pretty long injuries & then ended the season with his team on a run of bad result after bad result.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Doubt it was the plan but the kid had two pretty long injuries & then ended the season with his team on a run of bad result after bad result.
Said it from day 1. It was a huge gamble paying nearly 30m for an 18 year old defender while already having a limited budget..

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

VVD started his career there totally different. I understand your point but at the end of the day it's player choice

But that’s the problem with our club, we’re giving the players too much choice tbh. We need to think of the best plan for our club and his development.

We spent 30m on him when there were other top defenders available. I’d have rather gone for Çağlar Söyüncü and signed him from Leicester for 40/50m, at least he’d come in and start plus he’s 24 which is an age where he’ll start hitting the best years for a defender.

Söyüncü and Gabriel would have been amazing stuff.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Should've played Saliba

The kids clearly going through a lot with the loss of his mother. He may look older but he is a 19 year old boy. People forget about players mental states, think that money is all that matters and players are robots. Not how it works, he will come back stronger but right now a loan for him is the best thing to do.

Imagine if we played him and he made a mistake, Arsenal fans on social media/other fans on social media bombarded him with crap after losing his mum. Would've ruined him mentally.

Arteta's management of this situation has been exceptional. At Arsenal he's under the spot light, everything is scrutinised. At a smaller club he will grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom