• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I love his hunger for goals but I don't know why he was so angry there, Pepe tried to square it to him twice but there were too many bodies in the way. :lol:
I don’t understand why our players are rushing everything.

If there are bodies in the way, then we should slow down, pass around like 09-11 Barcelona or 07/08 Arsenal. Slowly dragging opponent defenders away and eventually make a gap to exploit.

Crossing/passing to a teammate in the box, who is being tightly marked by an opponent is useless.

dino bravo

Watching this guy continuously, tirelessly close down defenders and keepers for 90 mins is inspiring for the rest of the team, and encourages it throughout the whole side. Knows where the net is too does our Ed. Keep it up son.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I remember that time at the bar when you picked up a girl that you held grudge against for years and you told her that. Impressive.
Not one of your best but very efficient. Pretty much just used what I posted and fired it back at me.

This approach means you can easily maintain consistency without draining your creative juices meaning you can save your creativity and use it to make more of your elite 10/10 'Trilly and a girl at the bar' jokes per week. I see and respect what you're doing!

Breezy

Watching this guy continuously, tirelessly close down defenders and keepers for 90 mins is inspiring for the rest of the team, and encourages it throughout the whole side. Knows where the net is too does our Ed. Keep it up son.

Yeah I like his attitude and the fact that he has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. Just a shame the rest of his game seems too limited.

Not one of your best but very efficient. Pretty much just used what I posted and fired it back at me.

This approach means you can easily maintain consistency without draining your creative juices meaning you can save your creativity and use it to make more of your elite 10/10 'Trilly and a girl at the bar' jokes per week. I see and respect what you're doing!

I don't think it will get better than the one with the failed magic trick. I'm now just playing the number game, throw as many out there hoping 1 in 1000 will make someone's day a little bit brighter!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People want their CFs to be all-rounders who can score goals on their own. Essentially, they want Thierry Henry - because we've been spoiled for multi-talented CFs over the last 20-25 years. I understand it. I sometimes look at other prospects like Martinelli and even TJJ/Balogun and their all-round capacity in relation to Nketiah's. I grew up with Wrighty and Bergkamp, Anelka and Henry. I have vivid memories of Adebayor in 07/08 being the perfect CF. RVP in 2011. We've been SPOILED.

Nketiah's not Henry. I think he has the capacity to be similar to Wright, and evidently Wrighty himself agrees because he's taken an active involvement in Nketiah's development for a while. Thierry rated Eddie too when he was coaching at the U18s aswell, so there's something there with him. I think there's more in his locker than we're seeing. A lot of players have to rely on their strengths when breaking through - Eddie's is scoring no matter what it takes. I'm cool with that for now. He's a 21 year old forward with a good goals-to-minutes ratio comparative to his experience level.

How far he takes that is up to him. Staying fit, fighting Lacazette for minutes and scoring crucial goals for us will help his cause. If he keeps doing that and improving along the way, he'll make it very difficult to see past him.
Let's be real in the past 5 years how many complete strikers can you actually name that could score 20+ goals in a league season and have good hold up play? Of the top of my head I could name Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Kane, Lukaku, Cavani and Aguero. That's it, 7 strikers that I could come up with and some are debatable. It's really really hard being a lone striker these days and it's even harder being a complete one.

To put it into perspective since Roman took over Chelsea, they've only had 2 strikers score over 20 league goals. Despite all their success, it could be argued that Chelsea only really had 2 strikers that did all the above in Drogba and Diego Costa. To put that into context, Arsenal have had 5. Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Auba and Sanchez.

So while Eddie may not be the next Mbappe he's doing really well and I think our expectations need to be curtailed a bit.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't think it will get better than the one with the failed magic trick. I'm now just playing the number game, throw as many out there hoping 1 in 1000 will make someone's day a little bit brighter!
There have been a few good ones. :lol:

Wasn't there one where I ignored her for the whole night and left with her?:rofl:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Let's be real in the past 5 years how many complete strikers can you actually name that could score 20+ goals in a league season and have good hold up play? Of the top of my head I could name Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Kane, Lukaku, Cavani and Aguero. That's it, 7 strikers that I could come up with and some are debatable. It's really really hard being a lone striker these days and it's even harder being a complete one.

To put it into perspective since Roman took over Chelsea, they've only had 2 strikers score over 20 league goals. Despite all their success, it could be argued that Chelsea only really had 2 strikers that did all the above in Drogba and Diego Costa. To put that into context, Arsenal have had 5. Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Auba and Sanchez.

So while Eddie may not be the next Mbappe he's doing really well and I think our expectations need to be curtailed a bit.

Extremely generous to Lukaku as well seen as his second touch is often a tackle.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If he gets to double digits in goals in all comps this season he'll have proved his worth, couldn't ask for much more from a back-up striker.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Martinelli prefers to play on the left wing so we'll see if he actually takes on a more central role or if he bristles at it like AMN bristles at being a defender. Nketiah may eventually be the main guy.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Firmino/Son? I’m not sure on how many they have scored.

And on your list, even if they scored zero, they would still be much better players than nketiah scoring 30 a season. They offered a hell lot in the general play, helping the team to keep possession, numerical superiority, breaking down opponent midfield/defence, open up spaces.......their team will look far more dangerous with them in the squad, even without their scoring ability. Their team will play a lot better as a whole, resulting in a lot more chances created.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is a really key position for us. I’m amazed we’re not being more ruthless in sorting it out.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He'll score enough goals when we start to play football again, but it's hard to say what his qualities are when all he does is chasing misplaced passes from our defenders

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He'll score enough goals when we start to play football again,
This is starting to worry me man.

Will Aouar immediately make us a chance creating team? I flipping hope so. Auba has been converting at about 23% (which is absolutely elite) for the last few season.

If he drops down to about 20%, which is still very respectable (Aguero hovers around this mark) then we are ****ed.:lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is starting to worry me man.

Will Aouar immediately make us a chance creating team? I flipping hope so. Auba has been converting at about 23% (which is absolutely elite) for the last few season.

If he drops down to about 20%, which is still very respectable (Aguero hovers around this mark) then we are ****ed.:lol:
I've said many times that we are overachieving and Auba takes a key part in that. His numbers will drop and we are not working on plan B.
Once Auba's numbers are down, I'm afraid Arteta will be viewed as another bum manager in Emery's category. Let's not forget that there is always a potential for his injury, that's something that will put us to the bottom half, closer to relegation than a mid table.
I don't know much about Aouar other than Youtube videos, not even sure if he's even gonna come here, but I would say that Ceballos and Pepe would both explode with someone creative on the pitch.
We will need Eddie to contribute with goals because our current system is simply unsustainable.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m usually quite positive about our youngsters, and I don’t like upsetting @MutableEarth , but I just don’t think this guy is good enough.

He’s got a good eye for goal, but has a limited physical presence, no creativity, and poor link-up play. Just don’t think he’s got what it takes to play CF in the prem.

Attack just looks completely pedestrian with him as the spearhead. Hope he is limited to the cups / super sub role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom