• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
The kids clearly going through a lot with the loss of his mother. He may look older but he is a 19 year old boy. People forget about players mental states, think that money is all that matters and players are robots. Not how it works, he will come back stronger but right now a loan for him is the best thing to do.

Imagine if we played him and he made a mistake, Arsenal fans on social media/other fans on social media bombarded him with crap after losing his mum. Would've ruined him mentally.

Arteta's management of this situation has been exceptional.
Smh.. We're an absolute mess.. Can we skip to 2021/22 already

FinnGooner

Established Member
Initial outlay was £25M for the pair. Both will be huge parts of this club for the future, relax.

Even if they turn out to be significant contributors (huge doubts about Pepe) we aren't in a position to make £100m worth of supplementary signings when our current starting XI is a one 31 year old attacker away from bang on midtable side.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Even if they turn out to be significant contributors (huge doubts about Pepe) we aren't in a position to make £100m worth of supplementary signings when our current starting XI is a one 31 year old attacker away from bang on midtable side.

According to most on here 1 or 2 quality midfield additions make our squad top 4 worthy, so it can't be that bad.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not what I would have expected, but Arteta sees the players day in and day out. You have to trust his judgement on what is the best for the development of the player.

FinnGooner

Established Member
According to most on here 1 or 2 quality midfield additions make our squad top 4 worthy, so it can't be that bad.

We'd have those midfielders + Willian and Gabriel and maybe some others as well by now if Raul hadn't spunked our cash on maybe-some-day players.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Luiz, Holding and Gabriel are Arteta's preferred defenders at the moment so it's probably better to get Saliba playing time regularly than sitting on the bench at this stage of his development.
Don't know the situation at Rennes but I'd assume he'd be going to be starting every week for them.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We wouldn't though because we can't get rid of the required players...

Yes we would because we'd be able to loan them out instead of being in a position where we have to try to force sales on unsellable players to fund incomings. It's all good being positive and all but let's face it, we are not in bad position this summer purely because of COVID. Last summer was a huge failure and Raul ****ed us over

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes we would because we'd be able to loan them out instead of being in a position where we have to try to force sales on unsellable players to fund incomings. It's all good being positive and all but let's face it, we are not in bad position this summer purely because of COVID. Last summer was a huge failure and Raul ****ed us over

You cannot loan Mustafi and Sokratis as they have a year left on their deals.

We are looking to loan Torreira just to get him out the door. You can't loan Kolasinac because of his wages...

What you're saying isn't rational. I understand the frustration but just look forwards instead of backwards.

Impact

Established Member
Understand Arteta's position regarding providing Saliba with a transition year. I think that would be better served here in London though. Keep him and continue building him up slowly with first-team training and under-23 games. We can control and carefully watch his rehab process and support his acclimatisation to the country. Give him games in the EL too if it is all going well. Then in January maybe loan him out to a London club in the Championship. If we send him back on loan to France, we won't have anywhere near the level of oversight we need and will be back at square one next season.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People on here are so reactionary to everything.

The fact that a highly rated 19 year old talent isn't currently good enough to start for us week in week out is by no means an indication that he was a bad signing FFS. He's an investment in the future.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

The fact that a highly rated 19 year old talent isn't currently good enough to start for us week in week out is by no means an indication that he was a bad signing FFS. He's an investment in the future.

Usual suspects on here love a bit of negativity.

GunnerShy

Having waited a year to see this Adonis in an arsenal shirt it's frustrating to read this news today!

But really, it makes sense... We have Luiz, Gabriel, Holding, Mustafi when fit.

I can understand why the club think he will be better served with a loan.

That said, signing him on a 5 year deal and loaning him out for the first two years... I'd like to see us extend his deal by another 12 months

ash_rasul

I think the fact that this window seems to have ground to a halt over the last couple of days after the prior week or so of serotonin-stimulating updates has led to a fair few of us expressing our downers in response to any questionable news updates.

Understandable.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Please give the club & Saliba a break. From end of May:

"However, The Athletic’s David Ornstein has revealed his switch to the capital could be delayed due to the death of a close one.

He said: “He’s had a family bereavement recently so that’s very unpleasant & he would need time & respect over that.

“I don’t think that would cause a particular problem in coming to move to London as planned but it’s a sad issue he’s had to encounter at a young age."

https://www.sportingexcitement.com/...land-delayed-over-family-death-back-in-france

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
He could be a good squad player and provide back up for center-back provided that we manage to get rid of two or three of Sok, Mustafai, Mari, Holding and Chambers; otherwise, he may not have anytime to play actual football. However, I still keep him because Söyüncü also didn't get many playing time in his first at Leicester. Adapting to Arteta's tactics is more essential and important.

TornadoTed

Established Member
He is a long term investment and we need to do everything to protect and nurture him if we want to realise his potential.

If it means him going back to France for a year to be nearer his family in a difficult time in his life as well as getting plenty of game time then so be it.

Let's face it he isn't going to get much game time here, I would say he is 5th choice at best behind Gabriel, Luiz, Holding and Mari, maybe lower once Mustafi and Chambers if they are still here and regain fitness.

baccy_man

Established Member
As we have not been playing Saliba, we could have let him play in that cup final game for St Etienne, He would have been as pleased as punch to collect a medal for playing in a final,
If we are thinking about loaning him out again he could have stayed at St Etienne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom