• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

As we have not been playing Saliba, we could have let him play in that cup final game for St Etienne, He would have been as pleased as punch to collect a medal for playing in a final,
If we are thinking about loaning him out again he could have stayed at St Etienne.

No. It would have cost us at least 2,5 million.

The relationship with St. Etienne is likely broken.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
more and more I start to think that even forums are filled with bots who automatically post 2 negative ****s as soon as one positive comes out.
Even the words they use....so generic, so robotic...

Gunners1616

Good enough to make 30+ starts in Ligue 1 while being on the best performer on his team. Good enough to pay 30M for with his club regretting such a low fee the next year.

But somehow not good enough to get a chance even in the Carabao Cup in a team that finished 8th in the PL and that regularly plays Kolasinac or David Luiz in pre-retirement at CB...

Conclusion: Arteta just doesn't rate him at all. The age is no excuse (Saka played regularly at 18) and the experience is no excuse (Gabriel came from Ligue 1, 22, sh*t english but played directly).

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Good enough to make 30+ starts in Ligue 1 while being on the best performer on his team. Good enough to pay 30M for with his club regretting such a low fee the next year.

But somehow not good enough to get a chance even in the Carabao Cup in a team that finished 8th in the PL and that regularly plays Kolasinac or David Luiz in pre-retirement at CB...

Conclusion: Arteta just doesn't rate him at all. The age is no excuse (Saka played regularly at 18) and the experience is no excuse (Gabriel came from Ligue 1, 22, sh*t english but played directly).
Cant tell if sarcasm

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

By all accounts he is a young boy who just recently lost his mum. That can be incredibly hard to deal with for anyone, let alone someone at his age who also has just moved to a new country.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Seems unbelievably silly to buy him for close to 30m and loan him out back to the selling club, but to then fight said selling club from keeping the player towards the end of the loan (yes I get the appearance clause), only to then to look to loan him back out the following year back into the same league outside of England. I don’t get it.

If you’re going to loan him send him to Fulham or something as it’s still in the PL and they need CBs. What’s the point in going back to France for another year?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Seems unbelievably silly to buy him for close to 30m and loan him out back to the selling club, but to then fight said selling club from keeping the player towards the end of the loan (yes I get the appearance clause), only to then to look to loan him back out the following year back into the same league outside of England. I don’t get it.

If you’re going to loan him send him to Fulham or something as it’s still in the PL and they need CBs. What’s the point in going back to France for another year?
Maybe we have too many defenders we cant get rid off and clubs are willing to pay a hefty loan fee for Saliba?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So the guy isn't ready and we wasted 25m on him. If he isn't ready a loan is the best way forward.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People really think too much about fee yes we spent 30m on him that being spent in 3 installments.
Posters said the same about Pepe last year. But the bottom line here is you have to pay up eventually, unless your selling in the mean time. The more instalments you buildup, the less you can buy in the future.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Essentially tells me he isnt good enough and we aren't gonna ruin him like we did with Holding and Chambers.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Essentially tells me he isnt good enough and we aren't gonna ruin him like we did with Holding and Chambers.

But he has the ability/potential. We’ve all seen it. I understand his ‘transitional year’ didn’t turn out the way he or the club thought it would. But it seems weird to claim that’s the sole reason he needs to return to france. Plenty of young players come from different leagues to the premier league and are immediately integrated into the first team.

Where does this story of his mother passing away come from?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I said it a few pages back but I don't think this would be entirely for football reasons. I don't think he is considered mentally ready because of a load of personal **** he has dealt with recently. Think it might be premature to kick off about it.

I also really doubt Arteta would see a few training sessions and **** him off without giving him a chance when Gabriel has gone straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom