• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Plays like a coward. Always passes the ball right back to whoever gives it to him, always decides to fall over instead of carry the ball a few yards, still struggles with the press and always will. Doesn’t make himself available for the pass to bail his team mates out unlike Ceballos or Elneny - he just hides behind opposition pointing.

Typical performance from him.

Manberg

Predator
Plays like a coward. Always passes the ball right back to whoever gives it to him, always decides to fall over instead of carry the ball a few yards, still struggles with the press and always will. Doesn’t make himself available for the pass to bail his team mates out unlike Ceballos or Elneny - he just hides behind opposition pointing.

:lol::lol::lol:

Makavelii

I usually like your opinions. But this is a bit harsh.
I think his role in the team is to be available and hold onto possession.
Plus he has an ambitious long ball on him.

Having said that, I think he’s in a patch of poor form right now. Hasn’t been up to his usual standard the past several games.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I usually like your opinions. But this is a bit harsh.
I think his role in the team is to be available and hold onto possession.
Plus he has an ambitious long ball on him.

Having said that, I think he’s in a patch of poor form right now. Hasn’t been up to his usual standard the past several games.
I was on the wind up and @Manberg saw right through it.

I find it hard to have strong opinions on anybody after a Pool match if I am honest with you. We defended doggedly and he was part of it. As usual I was disappointed in him going forward but whatever.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He definitely does have his uses but both games against Liverpool puts his deficiencies in the spotlight and it's not pretty viewing. Xhaka can not create anything when he is pressed.

I've said this before, he'd be a really good super sub for when games against lesser opposition get stretched. He'd be perfect as he'd have lots of time on the ball to put his head up and pick out a pass.

A part of me feels like if Xhaka was going to start against Sheffield he wouldn't have played the full 90 today. Hopefully we see a Ceballos, Elneny pivot on Sunday.

I’m just not feeling the double pivot at all. Midfield doesn’t contribute to our attack enough. Both are too deep which limits our ability to win possession in the final third, and leaves our centre forwards too isolated. It’s exacerbated when one of them lacks mobility to the extent Xhaka does in particular.

We had third fewest shots in the league last season, and 3 games into this one, only West Brom have had fewer than us.

We’ll get by through moments of individual quality from Aubameyang, but I’d like to see Arteta take 1 or two more risks.

MATHEO

Except for that pre assist, he had a terrible game on Monday. But performed well yesterday and proved himself again with a good performance against a top side, as he did many times against the likes of City and Chelsea in our FA Cup triumphs

Monday was the first game we lost with him in the side since forever, but the criticism was over the top. What I dont understand is that some people criticised him heavily because he wasnt creative enough (though he got that pre assist) , but at the same time didnt say a word towards Willian and Auba who didnt create anything at all that day when they were supposed to be the attack minded players in that lineup

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought Xhaka was good in the first half but sloppy with his passing in the second half.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Gallas lost the captaincy in 2008, can anyone remember if he ever wore the armband again after?

As I have said before, would like for Xhaka to not wear it as I would like to draw a line under what he did...but I have to back Mikel here I guess.

Tony Adams kept the captaincy despite going to prison, so at least you can say the Arsenal armband is never boring :lol:

Manberg

Predator
When Gallas lost the captaincy in 2008, can anyone remember if he ever wore the armband again after?

As I have said before, would like for Xhaka to not wear it as I would like to draw a line under what he did...but I have to back Mikel here I guess.

Tony Adams kept the captaincy despite going to prison, so at least you can say the Arsenal armband is never boring :lol:

Fans owe him an apology. That's how we draw a line.

Manberg

Predator
The "fans" who wished him and his family death on social media, an apology wouldn't be good enough from those scumbags.

The fans who criticized him for slowly walking off against Palace, then him throwing the armband on the ground...he stills owes them a proper apology to me.

Agree on the first point. As for the second, if you rewatch events you'd see that fans sarcastically cheered him off as soon as his name was called. Fans started it all, he then reacted in anger.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Agree on the first point. As for the second, if you rewatch events you'd see that fans sarcastically cheered him off as soon as his name was called. Fans started it all, he then reacted in anger.

Tbh, I regret bringing the second point up...both the fans and the player were in the wrong, but we have all moved on from that disappointing day.

Lets keep looking forward...as since Mikel took over, Arsenal has been moving in a very positive direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom