• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,495
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep, the performances got progressively worse as we started spending more money post 2013.

We sold low and bought high. Sanchez we could’ve got £80m+ for but were forced into that abhorrent swap deal. Ramsey would’ve comfortably fetched £30m - £40m. Özil would’ve fetched £60m.

Everton paid £45m for Sigurdsson and £27m for Cenk Tosun and Yannick Bolasie but we accepted £15m from them for Walcott.

That’s less than Liverpool got for Jordon Ibe, Solanke and Brewster. Players who did **** all in their careers. I won’t mention the Gnabry fee.

Simultaneously we paid £50m for Laca, £70m for Pepe, £35m for Mustafi and Xhaka. We started recruiting Chelsea rejects to plug gaps.

GunnerShy

Don't get me wrong I think he has a lot of potential, but given the state of the team, could we really afford to spend 30million on a player that won't contribute anything over a 2 year period? If we don't make the required signings in the next few days, the opportunity cost of that deal will be massive.
In fairness, the way it's played out with injury and family tragedy was not necessarily forseeable. (Unsure whether his mother was sick and that's why he stayed at Saint Ettienne last season or not, but injury at least is unforseeable).

We'd have expected him to be playing this season. And in truth, under Wenger I expect he would be played. Arteta is in my opinion more risk adverse to playing kids in that position. It's a shame, but it has its benefits. Personally having seen clowns at Centre back for years of rather we play him and risk the mistakes.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In fairness, the way it's played out with injury and family tragedy was not necessarily forseeable. (Unsure whether his mother was sick and that's why he stayed at Saint Ettienne last season or not, but injury at least is unforseeable).

We'd have expected him to be playing this season. And in truth, under Wenger I expect he would be played. Arteta is in my opinion more risk adverse to playing kids in that position. It's a shame, but it has its benefits. Personally having seen clowns at Centre back for years of rather we play him and risk the mistakes.

Agree, circumstance hasn't favoured us here. I think if we could get rid of the likes of Chambers, Mustafi and Sokratis we'd keep him this season.

Its amazing how much these clowns damage the club both on and off the pitch.

sdotzdot

Established Member
We’re still paying for the Gazidis era, that’s why everything is so difficult.

Gazidis and them absolutely ****ed us. The wages of some of these **** players is one of the biggest reason we struggle, can’t sell any of them.

Pepe deal can be added to this too, I rated Raul on the whole but the Pepe deal is absolutely scandalous, another one that will be ****ing us for years.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Transfer window the worst thing about football. Just scrap this abomination and only allow academy players to make it to the first team.
It should go back to how it was clubs are not forced to sell, just register twice a season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

giphy.gif

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
If I were them, giving all the effort and quality with those cheap funds. I would felt betrayed by those executives in black. I would say, fack off. I am done. So I get why they left.
For me, it's never been if you leave, it's how you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom