• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,534
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

giphy.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many of these self imposed deadlines has Aulas set :lol:

It's all brinkmanship. If we offer a sum acceptable to Aulas at 10.30pm on Monday he'll be our player. Everyone knows that.

At some point we need to make the badge bigger. Winning trophies, having your best playere stay is the start of it. As well as having a top manager. Bending over for clubs that set deadlines for players leaving before the actual deadline makes no sense.

Let's get this into perspective. A deadline of Friday when the window closes Monday makes no difference. It literally makes no sense. Even if we bought him today, it wouldn't give them adequate time to get a replacement. If he had said it was 1 to 2 weeks ago that would make more sense.

A deadline + supposedly more teams interested is just ridiculous. Aulas always does this. He did it with Lacazette, he did it with Ndombele and he is doing it now.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How many of these self imposed deadlines has Aulas set :lol:

It's all brinkmanship. If we offer a sum acceptable to Aulas at 10.30pm on Monday, he'll be our player. Everyone knows that.

Stop believing.
The deal is dead if the deal will not be agreed today and he will be in the match squad.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What? I’m not part of this argument but I’ll step in for @say yes for a sec.

Everyone (Especially Everton) is very aware that we sold Iwobi for much more than he’s worth. We basically conned them out of 10-15 mill.

I’ve never heard anyone say we sold him for too little before. He can’t even crack the Everton lineup and that was predictable.

That is a separate argument.

Did Real Madrid mug off United for Ronaldo? The guy scored a ton of goals for them and won a bunch of trophies.

But was the fee they paid a fair one at the time? Yes.

You can't really separate one from the other in the grand scheme of things and unless a player performs as expected, every single club is conned for 70% of players.

I'm not arguing that Iwobi was a great player, but given that he's homegrown, experienced in the league and looking at what players, inferior to Iwobi went for.

Then I can't say it was a good deal, looking at the overall market.

If I sell a useless bottle cap for 200 quid but everyone else is selling their bottle caps, shoelaces and buttons for 400 quid each. Did I make a good deal comparatively?

A bottle cap isn't worth 200 quid but looking at my contemporaries, I didn't do well enough.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
After winning at Anfield, does anybody think that El Nenny and Willock negate the need for Aouar anyway?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Our downfall is basically players who realise they have it too comfy and not wanting to leave.
It's the bad recruitment that's piling up. Things like a string of bad CB signings over a period of years means they had to spend £22m on Gabriel this summer, leaving less money for other signings.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You know it's nearly that time when people should start reassessing their opinions on the Jorginho thing. Cos frankly no one could come in and then we'd be left thinking that actually Jorginho wouldn't be so bad compared to that.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
At some point we need to make the badge bigger. Winning trophies, having your best playere stay is the start of it. As well as having a top manager. Bending over for clubs that set deadlines for players leaving before the actual deadline makes no sense.

Let's get this into perspective. A deadline of Friday when the window closes Monday makes no difference. It literally makes no sense. Even if we bought him today, it wouldn't give them adequate time to get a replacement. If he had said it was 1 to 2 weeks ago that would make more sense.

A deadline + supposedly more teams interested is just ridiculous. Aulas always does this. He did it with Lacazette, he did it with Ndombele and he is doing it now.

I agree with the artificial deadline being rubbish if a suitable offer comes in he will take it. But why then are we waiting so late to get this done. All I can think is we are desperately trying to get some more sales to increase our offer. Its highly risky to have a better offer ready but just wait an hour before the deadline to put pressure on him to sell at that price.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You know it's nearly that time when people should start reassessing their opinions on the Jorginho thing. Cos frankly no one could come in and then we'd be left thinking that actually Jorginho wouldn't be so bad compared to that.
They'll probably make an 'Ighalo to United' type signing if they can't get one of the big two. Seems impossible that they'd go with the current group of CM's.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No he not what we need we have xhaka he'll cost 40m better give that to lyon.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No way Chelsea let him go, he's just played 90mins for them.

If we cant get Aouar/Partey, don't bring anyone in. I'm sick of this club bringing in stop gaps that drain the club of money and squad space.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Given the state of the market? No, it wasn't.

£28m rising to £35m for a 23/24-year-old with 100 premier league games under his belt and a FA Cup winners medal when no marks like Solanke went for £19m?

We should have gotten £40m minimum.

None of that means anything lmao who cares how many PL games he's played or if he's won the FA Cup. They're judging it based on the quality of the player and everyone and their mother both at Arsenal and Everton know he wasn't worth that price.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Stop believing.
The deal is dead if the deal will not be agreed today and he will be in the match squad.

I didn't say I believed this transfer would happen.

What I said was this self imposed deadline from Aulas is a load of rubbish, the same as the previous two he set were.

Whether or not we buy depends on how much money in the bank we have, and I don't know the answer to that. We clearly wish to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom