• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,529
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

We sold low and bought high. Sanchez we could’ve got £80m+ for but were forced into that abhorrent swap deal. Ramsey would’ve comfortably fetched £30m - £40m. Özil would’ve fetched £60m.

Everton paid £45m for Sigurdsson and £27m for Cenk Tosun and Yannick Bolasie but we accepted £15m from them for Walcott.

That’s less than Liverpool got for Jordon Ibe, Solanke and Brewster. Players who did **** all in their careers. I won’t mention the Gnabry fee.

Simultaneously we paid £50m for Laca, £70m for Pepe, £35m for Mustafi and Xhaka. We started recruiting Chelsea rejects to plug gaps.

The figure being thrown around for Sanchez at the start of the summer we lost him was £60m from City. We weren't getting more than that, but yes in hindsight we should have sold. Would this current administration sell at that figure?? I'd hope so.

£60m for Özil? Lol don't think so, but we'd have been better off letting him walk, how he managed to play us that we'll for his contract I'll never know. It was his last great game though.

Ramsey? Not sure what we'd have got for him and from who with his injuries and age but to lose him on a free like that was awful.

We got £20m for Walcott who was already busted by that point and has struggled at Everton, I'm not sure that was bad business.

The Gnabry case is irrelevant. He agreed to extend. Went to the Olympics got tapped up by those C*nts at Bayern who picked him up through a convoluted deal with a third club. He'd nearly ran his contract by then it was bad business by us, but to be fair if a player does that it's hard to stop. Ordinary act for a guy who likes to still wear the shirt.

Whilst I'm arguing the toss on each point I agree with the premise. You are right, our mismanagement of our resources (players) through contractual mismanagement has cost us dearly through lower player sales, leached wages etc.

If you want to be a self sustaining club you need to make far better use of your resources than we have. The KSE hands off management is largely to blame. They've allowed far too much drift which is why we now sit amongst clubs 5-10 in the premier league. With similar resources but a much higher wage bill!

Until we buy better, sell better and manage contracts better we will really struggle to compete.

The positive is that there's a lot of **** on our books who are within a year or two of contract expiry. It's a shame they refuse to leave now.

I'm worried though, Huss Fahmy hasn't covered himself in glory. There's many players that decisions need to be made on that a neither linked with being sold or linked with resigning.

I think we knew a big rebuilding job was required but do we have the people in the right positions to do it?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So happy I didn't look into AM a lot today, but this hits deep still - greatly deminishes my excitement for the whole season, this is just not good enough.

Kroenke is just terrible in every sense of the word for an owner, even as a man trying to make money he's proper ****.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I's ok, im sure edu has another one of his Agent's clients lined up. What a shocking transfer window from people in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom