• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I know, guy can’t believe his luck.

I imagine someone asking him any old question about arsenal and he instantly makes that face as he thinks “5years”

How he drives to London Colney every morning:
original.gif

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Southampton must of pissed themselves laughing, bet they gave a cheeky text to him after the deal, ahh knew we'd get em cedric me old son, ****ing idiots.

giphy.gif

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

My heart says Arteta will not allow this, he will not allow a net spend of nothing or even a profit this window. After everything he said before the window opened it just isnt plausible.

Money is there, we bid for Aouar. We have cash so we can do something.

I have faith we will pull something out the bag.
Was Aouar a smoke screen for a masterclass plan? Regardless.... always waiting til the very last moment

benjamin86

Established Member
Southampton must of pissed themselves laughing, bet they gave a cheeky text to him after the deal, ahh knew we'd get em cedric me old son, ****ing idiots.

giphy.gif
I don't have an issue with his signing, he's fine as a backup. But i also remember us signing Santos and Silvestre so my standards might be low!

GunnerShy

Been out for a lovely dinner and plenty of wine. Very nice to clear the head on what has been a horrible Saturday.

Couple of thoughts for the tortured Gooners to stew on.

Is the Aouar deal off? Or is it just a negotiating tactic. I'm hopeful that, having linked him to every club possible and being refuted, this is the next step in forcing Arsenal to pay the money. I hope we go back with a final offer and it is to be accepted.

Who are the alternatives? Having accepted that the midfield is the biggest issue in our squad we have since loaned Torreira out further weakening our midfield, frozen out Guendouzi (rightly so!) And brought El Neny back in (presumably in the absence of offers). All that equates to is a weaker midfield than when we highlighted it as our most pressing area.

So.... Failing another offer for Aouar, who will we sign? It will be at least one, but likely more? It's inconceivable we close the window with this midfield so it'll be interesting (in either an exciting or morbid way) to see what happens next.

The mood is proper toxic at the moment online. I'm a bit dissapointed not to be going to the game tomorrow to witness the antics in the ground amongst the crowd. arsenal are lucky it's behind closed doors.

I'll reserve judgement until the window is closed, but at the moment I'm disgusted. This is a club that sacked it's deal doer at the start of August and can't do a deal.

A club that it one of the biggest in Europe but is being out manoeuvred by small PL clubs.

A club that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

We'd rather do four small ****ty deals than one big good deal.

Sp**s out doing us in the market despite collapsing revenues and large debt and an owner that doesn't pitch in.

I'm all for being financially sustainable and independent but when did that become being fiscally conservative to the point of prioritising cash balance in a single season over being competitive??

Papa Wonga

Established Member
4c4d063be5c0c5c20da33e42ab44e789.png

And it's started, that last paragraph is damning in the ambitions of this club. A strong squad? are you ****ing kidding me. Expect Mikel to come out with something similar tomorrow, shocking stuff. Interested FC / Unambitious FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom