• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
Been out for a lovely dinner and plenty of wine. Very nice to clear the head on what has been a horrible Saturday.

Couple of thoughts for the tortured Gooners to stew on.

Is the Aouar deal off? Or is it just a negotiating tactic. I'm hopeful that, having linked him to every club possible and being refuted, this is the next step in forcing Arsenal to pay the money. I hope we go back with a final offer and it is to be accepted.

Who are the alternatives? Having accepted that the midfield is the biggest issue in our squad we have since loaned Torreira out further weakening our midfield, frozen out Guendouzi (rightly so!) And brought El Neny back in (presumably in the absence of offers). All that equates to is a weaker midfield than when we highlighted it as our most pressing area.

So.... Failing another offer for Aouar, who will we sign? It will be at least one, but likely more? It's inconceivable we close the window with this midfield so it'll be interesting (in either an exciting or morbid way) to see what happens next.

The mood is proper toxic at the moment online. I'm a bit dissapointed not to be going to the game tomorrow to witness the antics in the ground amongst the crowd. arsenal are lucky it's behind closed doors.

I'll reserve judgement until the window is closed, but at the moment I'm disgusted. This is a club that sacked it's deal doer at the start of August and can't do a deal.

A club that it one of the biggest in Europe but is being out manoeuvred by small PL clubs.

A club that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

We'd rather do four small ****ty deals than one big good deal.

Sp**s out doing us in the market despite collapsing revenues and large debt and an owner that doesn't pitch in.

I'm all for being financially sustainable and independent but when did that become being fiscally conservative to the point of prioritising cash balance in a single season over being competitive??
Savanier or Buendia would be my targets for a creative CM. A Partey replacement is harder as most of my picks have already moved.

Smail

Fully believe its just a game of poker, all cards are on the table, aulas has 4 of a kind, now its up to us to lay down the straight flush

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Please Arsenal
th

Papa Wonga

Established Member
They need to start doing some **** like having a passport so you can create an account on twitter or some **** like that, so they can curb the hate.

It's a cesspit of teenagers and grown adults who have nothing better to do then making lives miserables. Atleast if they know what passport was used to sign up etc they can find out who it is

Reactions: A_G

Iceman10

Established Member
Fully believe its just a game of poker, all cards are on the table, aulas has 4 of a kind, now its up to us to lay down the straight flush

Yeah, seems to me the player is just making clear he won’t rock the boat and force a transfer, and if he ends up staying he will be fine with that, which is all good to see actually, in contrast to a Zaha. Still think it is on. No use spending money panic-buying on “backups” like Jorginho and Oscar.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Looks like we put all our eggs into the Aouar basket. We tried to haggle for the whole window only to realise that Lyon's 50m demanded sum... was actually their demanded sum. We fans seem so used to getting our pants pulled when selling players that we expected Lyon to do the same.

Now we've got days left and any transfer we make now stinks of a PANIC BUY. You know what that means? With nowhere to look for its probably gonna be a some Brazillian/agent endorsed transfer for high wages that we won't be able to sell if it fails.

LMAO, its one thing when Real Madrid, with world class players don't buy players after winning the league. It's another when its a side that barely finished 8th 'trying' to get 4th.

teamsoutheast

Would you guys entertain taking Mario Gotze on a freebie or would you rather give that sapce and playing time to develop Smith Rowe and Willock?

Paddy from Sweden

Grown adults sending abuse to a 15 year old because a player didn't join their club. Amazing.
Sadly that feels quite fitting of how a part of the Arsenal fanbase have behaved over the last couple of years. Maybe not to the extent of some of those comments but I can't say I'm surprised. And I wouldn't be if they were actually made by some who's on AM. The Arsenal fans has become despicable and are drowning out the Arsenal supporters on social media.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I wish everyone would calm down a bit - so far we have lost the most difficult PL fixture of the season, and won our other two games

my melt down will be postponed to tomorrow, should we fail to beat Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom