• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This is an interesting point. The likelihood is Aouar gets a bigger move next summer and at 28 we won’t be spending £45m on Partey, so what do the club do? Looking at our options you’d think they’d need to bring in some players in midfield whatever happens, even if they aren’t our first choice.
Its not like we already have good midfield and we want improve on and if opportunities didn't arrive we can wait.

The reality is our current midfield is so average and lack balance and creativity we need instant improvement and there like many midfielders can improve on.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

This is an interesting point. The likelihood is Aouar gets a bigger move next summer and at 28 we won’t be spending £45m on Partey, so what do the club do? Looking at our options you’d think they’d need to bring in some players in midfield whatever happens, even if they aren’t our first choice.

Yes, everything that comes through our door is top, top quality.

img_920x518$2020_01_31_10_48_23_1657646.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yes, everything that comes through our door is top, top quality.

img_920x518$2020_01_31_10_48_23_1657646.jpg
When we are bringing someone in as a starter that it the case. We need starting quality midfielders so Xhaka and Elneny can become squad players.

Paddy from Sweden

I do hope some of you reflect on these two telling posts. The anger and childishness on here over not buying a couple of players is so ridiculous. It seems it all hinges on that if you're loving the club or not. Or should I say "loving". Cause if your love for the club you're supposed to support depends on player transfers then you don't love it. As @em9999 say "do you moan at your wife like this when she doesn't go out buying Gucci..." It's such an over the top reaction on here (and social media) and I hope your happiness doesn't depend on a football club.

Coming to the conclusion that some of our fanbase are just moaning c#nts who won't be happy no matter what the club do ..
Stop moaning and support the club you claim to love .. do u moan at your wife like this when she doesn't go out buying Gucci... Grow the **** up

And if you're all going to moan at least wait until after the transfer window deadline.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Who could we sell? Apart from the ones we actually want to sell but can't I mean. What about Reiss Nelson? Nelson's a player that Liverpool would have found a buyer for already and pocketed 15m or something. Y'know, is Nelson really showing any sign he can make it here, if not why not cash in, seeing as Willian has basically replaced him anyway.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Who could we sell? Apart from the ones we actually want to sell but can't I mean. What about Reiss Nelson? Nelson's a player that Liverpool would have found a buyer for already and pocketed 15m or something. Y'know, is Nelson really showing any sign he can make it here, if not why not cash in, seeing as Willian has basically replaced him anyway.

Another thing I have a problem with. We supposedly brought in a loan guy and yet our loans have still been ****. We’re loaning out our most talented players to ****ing league 1 sides or sides where they’re not flourishing. We gave Nketiah to Leeds when they already had an established good striker at that level, we know how that ended. If he had a full season with one of the other teams interested (Bristol?) we’d probably be getting offers like the one Liverpool got for Brewster.

We will probably keep Smith-Rowe until January and then loan him out to some bum team in the Championship where he’ll struggle to flourish. Nelson will rot on the bench for most of the season as well when he should be loaned out so we can cash in.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
There are many we could sell but seem we asking too much money from them. We have no choice now we running out of time the best thing we do is let them go on loan to create space and add 1 or 2 midfielders

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are we even trusting what Lyon and Aulas put out? They’ve literally said the same about Lacazette.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
if people only knew/cared more about spiritually/energies
we wouldn't be 8th as we are, but it's where we belong with our energy created by millions of followers who are happiest when they are proven right after we lose a game

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Kola was supposed to go to Leverkusen for 10m 2 days ago and kicker Bild who considered reliable in German media report it and even this gone quite and he training with first team yesterday. Wtf going on

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

AMN, Holding, Chambers, ESR allegedly interests Monaco and Lacazette are probably our sellable assets who aren't essential to our starting line up.

Time will tell if we can sell Sokratis, Mustafi and Kolasinac.

Out of those listed, I'd sell Holding and Nelson. Should get 15-20m for Holding and Rhian Brewster money for Nelson.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
AMN, Holding, Chambers, ESR allegedly interests Monaco and Lacazette are probably our sellable assets who aren't essential to our starting line up.

Time will tell if we can sell Sokratis, Mustafi and Kolasinac.

Out of those listed, I'd sell Holding and Nelson. Should get 15-20m for Holding and Rhian Brewster money for Nelson.

Yeah good suggestions, you see the art of selling isn't being able to get good fees for terrible players on high wages, it's about selling players that actually have value but whose absence won't hugely damage your performances on the pitch.

So essentially it's our HG lads. I mean I love him but we could have sold AMN for 25m and it wouldn't have hurt us significantly on the pitch. Likewise with Holding, I like him but he's not a difference maker.

The reason why the Emi Martinez sale was actually a good thing is because it earned us money without really damaging us on the pitch. We basically needed one or two more of these type of sales and we chickened out, we kept Holding and AMN.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Yeah good suggestions, you see the art of selling isn't being able to get good fees for terrible players on high wages, it's about selling players that actually have value but whose absence won't hugely damage your performances on the pitch.

So essentially it's our HG lads. I mean I love him but we could have sold AMN for 25m and it wouldn't have hurt us significantly on the pitch. Likewise with Holding, I like him but he's not a difference maker.

The reason why the Emi Martinez sale was actually a good thing is because it earned us money without really damaging us on the pitch. We basically needed one or two more of these type of sales and we chickened out, we kept Holding and AMN.

Personally, I'm happy that we've kept Ainsley, but if the offer was 30m, he would have to have gone. 20m was a derisory bid.

You're right though, AMN is not a difference maker. Sadly, I think we've left it too late to sell one of our homegrown players. A loan is more likely now.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

then there is a lesson to be learned there - everyone is too obsessed with signing foreign players most of us have never heard of, and too snobbish about looking for young HG talent in the lower leagues

as the window for transfers to and from the EL runs from 5-16th October, I hope we are looking to at least do some transfers out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom