• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Stillman is a sound guy. Honestly this fanbase has genuine tools like DT and Troopz disgracing it on a daily basis and yet I hear people slag off perfectly sound fans like Stillman and Arseblog.

A sound guy trying to call out the majority of fans for being disappointed we’re not signing one of the best attacking talents in France? To then claim nobody knew who he was to try and make his point valid just shows how disingenuous he’s being. Aouar has been a regular for Lyon for the past three years.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
A sound guy trying to call out the majority of fans for being disappointed we’re not signing one of the best attacking talents in France? To then claim nobody knew who he was to try and make his point valid just shows how disingenuous he’s being. Aouar has been a regular for Lyon for the past three years.

Pretty sure his point was about fans' hysteria. And i'm guessing he's disappointed too, but there are so-called Arsenal fans sending abuse to people cos we haven't signed Aouar. Maybe he's calling out that sort of fan?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
These 'Journalists' trying to come up with contrary arguments to defend the club.

I never cared about signing Aouar, by that's by the by, I'm going to stick up for the fans that were. Some people on here went over board hyping the kid, sure, but most fans were just exciting to think we were going to sign a highly rated youngster in a position that we were crying out for some creativity in. There's nothing wrong with that. Fans were entitled to be excited at the prospect.

Most Arsenal fans aren't outraged because we didn't sign Aouar, they understand that not every deal comes off. They're outraged because we spent weeks messing around in negotiations with Lyon and appear to have no back up plan whatsoever. That's perfectly reasonable.

The fans and Arteta seem to be the only people involved in the club that have somewhat high expectations and aren't happy with seeing us slide into mediocrity. That's the problem.

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Benge being an absolute tool. Read the teams out mate. Not after your next hot take you simp. You work at Football London not the BBC...

The club has some.some absolutely ghastly business this window. We knew it would be difficult, but other clubs are getting far more done.

We negotiated a pay cut from players, cut staff, transferred debt. We are on an almost zero net spend.

If we don't go out and get our main targets then clearly the club thinks Austerity is the route out of this crises rather than making CL football. Disgusting approach. I want to take the £560 out of the club that they owe me in refunds now. Why should I help them with Cash flow. Özil looks justified in rejecting the pay cut.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
These 'Journalists' trying to come up with contrary arguments to defend the club.

I never cared about signing Aouar, by that's by the by, I'm going to stick up for the fans that were. Some people on here went over board hyping the kid, sure, but most fans were just exciting to think we were going to sign a highly rated youngster in a position that we were crying out for some creativity in. There's nothing wrong with that. Fans were entitled to be excited at the prospect.

Most Arsenal fans aren't outraged because we didn't sign Aouar, they understand that not every deal comes off. They're outraged because we spent weeks messing around in negotiations with Lyon and appear to have no back up plan whatsoever. That's perfectly reasonable.
Exactly and what's worse seem there no backup targets unless club are working behind the scenes to get things done

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All I know is I’m about to win 20 after having bet with coworker arseanal won’t sign either partey and Aouar. Poor guy will be devastated as he is the most positive fan you can meet. For 2 years I been trying to make him see the light with this club

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm interested what Arteta what going to say after the game we haven't sold anybody we didn't improve the midfield

teamsoutheast

Another thing I have a problem with. We supposedly brought in a loan guy and yet our loans have still been ****. We’re loaning out our most talented players to ****ing league 1 sides or sides where they’re not flourishing. We gave Nketiah to Leeds when they already had an established good striker at that level, we know how that ended. If he had a full season with one of the other teams interested (Bristol?) we’d probably be getting offers like the one Liverpool got for Brewster.

We will probably keep Smith-Rowe until January and then loan him out to some bum team in the Championship where he’ll struggle to flourish. Nelson will rot on the bench for most of the season as well when he should be loaned out so we can cash in.

What's the point of us selling one of the best HOMEGROWN talents to come out of our youth system. We need to lose the non-homegrown players as we are currently over the quota so what you are suggesting doesnt make any sense whatsoever!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Pretty sure his point was about fans' hysteria. And i'm guessing he's disappointed too, but there are so-called Arsenal fans sending abuse to people cos we haven't signed Aouar. Maybe he's calling out that sort of fan?

Fans abusing a 15 year old kid because a transfer didn't go the way they hoped lol, the transfer hysteria definitely needs to be called out.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm interested what Arteta what going to say after the game we haven't sold anybody we didn't improve the midfield
Arteta is a company man. He will say he is happy with what he has and the club worked really hard. Luckily for him no one expect top 4. So even 6-7 will be seen as acceptable season

teamsoutheast

Personally, I'm happy that we've kept Ainsley, but if the offer was 30m, he would have to have gone. 20m was a derisory bid.

You're right though, AMN is not a difference maker. Sadly, I think we've left it too late to sell one of our homegrown players. A loan is more likely now.

No point getting rid of Ainsely as he's homegrown and we are currently over the quota of non-homegrown players. If we are to bring another foreign talent in then he has to be either U21 or we will need to get rid of more non-homegrown players to register them as squad members.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not sure why people think Arsenal won't sign any midfielder. The transfer window continues until tomorrow evening. Nothing will be announced before a game.

If we sign no midfielder, then this was a bad window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We did improve the midfield though. We brought back Ceba who completely transformed our midfield in the last weeks of last season and is only getting better.

He was here last season so we haven't improved our midfield :lol:

We have essentially swapped Pepe for Willian and not improved anything in midfield yet.

It would be absolutely shocking if we dont do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom