• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why

Always Me ?
I say this every transfer window... But might as well again...

Football is a job. Just because we want to offer someone a job here doesn't mean they are going to accept it.

Comes down to the same factors as normal life when looking for a new job or deciding to stay put:

- Sometimes its purely about the money, you want a pay rise as you feel underpaid.
- "New Challenge" you feel like you have been with the company for a long time and not evolving.
- You hate your boss/Manager who doesn't like you.
- Commute. Time to get to work. In this one I generally lump in if someone is moving from abroad, do they really want to move their family, will their GF/Wife/Kids want to leave friends/family to come to a new country and learn a new language.
- Looking for a better company.

Not including things like counteroffers etc.

Its the same for the players we want to sell. The difference is their "job" is seen by the whole world. They can't lie on their CV, Kola can't say he scored 100 goals last season and works well in a team, and get Özil to give him a dodgy reference.

So selling deadweight can be tough, as people know they have been ****, or not playing so they see it as an adverse risk (especially in this market) to buy a potentially bad egg. They will be asking why that player is being sold, whats wrong with them?

Even if we manage to get a buyer that player has to be willing to leave as well. Özil is an example, why would he move for less money, move his family to a ****ter country when he has a contract that says he doesn't have too?

Its an awful financial situation for all clubs currently, and we still have not seen the impact of Brexit on football. So clubs will be risk adverse unless their owners operate in a recession proof market, or have a **** ton of oil.

If we get a midfielder in this summer then fantastic. If we don't I understand why and won't get upset

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wait, he's earning 350k a week and he's not a PC Master Race member? The disapointment list with him keeps on growing, I guess.
Aguero uses his POTM trophies as a webcam stand. :lol:

27669182-0-image-a-19_1587905726583.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There’ll be other top players in the future. Just got to cut the wage bill and make sure anyone we do buy would be a key piece of a title winning team or would be sellable down the line.

I feel like people think we’re above the likes of Leicester when they buy young players direct from the Championship but they’re probably better as a team now than we are man for man.

If you take Maddison as an example he’d have been starting here from the day they signed him from Norwich. Club needs to re-evaluate the transfer market.

Mega deals for the likes of Aouar are always difficult to pull off. Need to be smarter.

say yes

forum master baiter
The club have been briefing all summer that we have backups for Aouar and Partey if those targets don’t come off.

Given the complete absence of links to similar players, I’m guessing they were just talking utter BS again.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah Buendia does start over Saka(because he is young), Willian and Pepe......As for Soumare yeah he will be an upgrade over Xakha so would have Dacoure .....and also wake up and smell the coffee we are a mid table team

No doubt in my mind Buendía improves our current team. Maybe not the ideal option long term but you could sell him off, don't think he'll lose value improving us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The club have been briefing all summer that we have backups for Aouar and Partey if those targets don’t come off.

Given the complete absence of links to similar players, I’m guessing they were just talking utter BS again.
Or we just not giving them names we targeting?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The alternatives have been listed all summer. Guys like Coutinho, Roca et al all mentioned. I expect there to be activity I hope there isn't though. I'd rather get number one targets than players way down the list. It's what Liverpool done to get VVd. Linked all summer nothing happened they didn't panic and then got him in January. United done the same with Bruno.

We've got Ceballos, Willian and Gabriel and that keeper. This isn't a Peter Cech window. It's not a great window either but panicking and being stuck with players is a worse outcome than sticking with what we have.

sdotzdot

Established Member
The alternatives have been listed all summer. Guys like Coutinho, Roca et al all mentioned. I expect there to be activity I hope there isn't though. I'd rather get number one targets than players way down the list. It's what Liverpool done to get VVd. Linked all summer nothing happened they didn't panic and then got him in January. United done the same with Bruno.

We've got Ceballos, Willian and Gabriel and that keeper. This isn't a Peter Cech window. It's not a great window either but panicking and being stuck with players is a worse outcome than sticking with what we have.
I agree with your general sentiment, but we’re not getting aourar jan/summer. He is a fantastic player and another bigger club will undoubtedly come in and offer more or he will just choose them over us.

However, if we can’t get him I don’t see a point in signing anyone else, as you said for a club with basically no money we can’t go out and panic and start signing players way down our list for a good chunk of our budget.

I don’t think and I hope we’re not signing anyone if it’s not Aourar. But he’ll be out of the equation by next summer so I just hope we save up and get our right target next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom