• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 20/21: Gameweek 4

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,069
  • Views 55,669

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Really hope Arteta taking notes... this CANNOT happen to us this season. A big bumming by any team

Reactions: Kav

Ashybashy86

Emi Martinez: "Aston Villa is a massive club, I had no doubts over coming here. Everyone thinks it’s a step down going from Arsenal to Villa, but I actually think it’s a step up in my career."

I know how he meant it, but it's quite funny after this Villa performance.

Kav

Established Member
It comes down to the physical duels and aerial duels to win the ball in the right areas so that you can then release the ball. We failed that. Weren’t strong enough, and perhaps as Xhaka said it, scared.
I agree we lack the physicality in the middle of the field. As i said we transition too slowly and the opposition always has time to set themselves up defensively. However I refuse to believe that Villa is braver than we are and that is what bothers me with Arteta's set up.

Kav

Established Member
Agree. Now name one player who started gor us with the raw pace and power of Barkley or the talent and tools of Grealish. Add that the formation we play has to cover the deficiencies of a CB and CM and we've little chance with this group of players.
Willian is as good or better than grealish though he doesn't have the legs for it anymore,in any case Arteta plays him wide. However you are right we are very deficient in midfield. We need to improve significantly there.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom