• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I bumped this to be facetious as I saw the usual posters run to the Leno, Pepe, Xhaka, Laca threads and thought I’d spread it around a bit. He was blatantly poor today but I wanted to see if people would admit it.

I will shoot Tierney some bail though, personally I think he was perfectly fit - I just think he came up against one of it not arguably the forward in the league.

I think on his best day this happens to Tierney cause Salah is Salah and we forget that Tierney is a boy. I’m wondering why he doesn’t play wingback instead of AMN though.
Yeah I noticed, funny how this place works isn’t it. :lol:

I find it quite hard to blame anyone individually when we are just outclassed like we are against Liverpool. There are obviously players who if replaced would stop us from being dominated but those same players didn’t actually play badly if that makes sense.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Good player, not-so-great game. It happens.
Whilst I have the same attitude about most of our players, Kolasinac or Holding would get murdered for this kind of performance.

He got dominated and personally I don’t think it would be a one off. A motivated Salah does this to him 9 times out of 10 for me.

zilfy

Frustrating to see him in a 3 at the back. Yes the system allows him to push to a LB in possession but its not getting the best out of him.
did you even watch the end of last season? He thrived there, better than I've seen him play at LB by quite some margin.

He just had one bad game, no generalisations necessary

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Just had a very bad game. Still a good player.

I do think he's more suited to LB in a 4, because he doesn't have the passing range to play out from the back as a CB.

His major strength is his engine down the flank and he is quite a good dribbler, but a below average passer.

He's solid defensively normally so he looks good in our park-the-bus tactics, but it's not playing to his strengths.

thierrytheking14

did you even watch the end of last season? He thrived there, better than I've seen him play at LB by quite some margin.

He just had one bad game, no generalisations necessary
Who's generalising? Did I slate him for having a bad game? I simply said that I find it frustrating having him so deep. He's a solid defender but he offers so much going forward.

Maybe it's just my dislike for the system that frustrates me but in no way did I have a pop at him based on yesterday's match.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Whilst I have the same attitude about most of our players, Kolasinac or Holding would get murdered for this kind of performance.

He got dominated and personally I don’t think it would be a one off. A motivated Salah does this to him 9 times out of 10 for me.

You're one of the only posters I see that don't gobble Tierney's nuts, he's a good LB but isn't this perfect amazing player people act like he is.

But you see what I mean with the popularity contest right? Tesco bag fiasco was embarrassing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Agreed, Tierney is good but yeah he’s got some growing to do.

I do wonder why he’s not playing the wingback position instead of AMN though. Has a better cross on him from the left and you’d think he would provide balance being naturally left footed. We could start Gabriel alongside Luiz as well.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

My LB.

EjJYYzDVoAEsgTQ

Manberg

Predator
He’s placing his hands behind his back when defending, probably scared of conceding a handball, and it’s affecting his defending a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom